If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Presbyterian College
Clinton, South Carolina

PC Hoops Official Site

BlueHoseSports Mens Hoops Message Board

Gregg Nibert
27th Season as PC Head Coach

2015-2016 Schedule/Results
  • Overall ....... 9-12
    Big South ... 3-6
    Home ......... 8-3

Nov 13 - @ Furman ................................. 53 - 63 (L)
    Nov 16 - USC Upstate .............................. 74 - 73 (W)
    Nov 18 - Toccoa Falls ............................. 116 - 75 (W)
    Nov 21 - The Citadel ................................ 95 - 79 (W)
    Nov 24 - @ VMI ...................................... 61 - 76 (L)
    Nov 28 - Wofford .................................... 58 - 68 (L)
    Dec 02 - Gardner-Webb* .......................... 76 - 87 (L)
    Dec 05 - @ Winthrop* .............................. 70 - 74 (L)
    Dec 07 - Montreat ................................... 93 - 69 (W)
    Dec 15 - vs. Clemson in Greenville, SC ....... 41 - 69 (L)
    Dec 19 - Piedmont ................................... 69 - 65 (W)
    Dec 22 - @ Richmond ............................... 44 - 74 (L)
    Dec 27 - @ Marquette ............................... 66 - 84 (L)
    Jan 02 - @ Campbell* ............................... 70 - 63 (W)
    Jan 06 - Longwood* ................................. 78 - 65 (W)
    Jan 09 - @ High Point* ............................. 66 - 82 (L)
    Jan 14 - @ Coastal Carolina* ..................... 58 - 87 (L)
    Jan 16 - Radford* .................................... 69 - 68 (W)
    Jan 20 - Charleston Southern* ................... 72 - 73 (L)
    Jan 23 - @ UNC Asheville* ........................ 55 - 67 (L)
    Jan 30 - Liberty* ..................................... 7:30 p.m.

Key Player

#3 DeSean Murray
    6' 5" 220 lbs Sophomore Forward
    Thru 20 Games: Averaging 20.1 Pts, 7.8 Rebs & 1.8 Assists + 55.1 FG%
By Dr. Sheh
Registration Days Posts
It feels strange to say this, but we should be favored to win this game. Never would have thought we'd be favored in any D-1 game when the season started. Hope we can get it done! #GoFlames
By Flamerz
ballcoach15 wrote:Should be a "W" for Flames.
L O L! We now feel games should be a "W" couple weeks ago this would be another L. I love the tide turning for the flames... lets hope we keep working hard.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I'm happy we are playing better and think we can win any big south game as we have shown but we are still a long say from wins being a near lock.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I'm happy we are playing better and think we can win any big south game as we have shown but we are still a long say from wins being a near lock.
This. Presby is not a very good team, bit Nibert can coach and Murry is a matchup nightmare for is.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
thepostman wrote:I'm happy we are playing better and think we can win any big south game as we have shown but we are still a long say from wins being a near lock.
This. Presby is not a very good team, bit Nibert can coach and Murry is a matchup nightmare for is.

Nibert is a very good coach. He gets a lot out of his talent. He is for sure respected by other BSC coaches.

PC's women's coach, Ronnie Fisher, is also probably the best women's coach in BSC. He is a defensive wizard . . . oh, and by the way, they seldom turn the ball over despite playing with a predominant group of undersized underclassmen. They beat us (LU Women) by 18.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
These Presby announcers are awful. If I wasn't watching the game they make it sound like Presby is up 20+

Liberty up 23-20 with 7 minutes left in the 1'st.
By Wvflame2013
jbock13 wrote:These Presby announcers are awful. If I wasn't watching the game they make it sound like Presby is up 20+

Yes the announcers are awful. Everything Presbyterian does they say that was a great contest, that was a great travel, that was a great substitution... So annoying.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Liberty leads 37-32 at half.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Wvflame2013 wrote:
jbock13 wrote:These Presby announcers are awful. If I wasn't watching the game they make it sound like Presby is up 20+

Yes the announcers are awful. Everything Presbyterian does they say that was a great contest, that was a great travel, that was a great substitution... So annoying.
The MUTE button is your friend. LU leads 37-32 at the half.
Last edited by SumItUp on January 30th, 2016, 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Flamerz
Flames win again 4 in a row how about them apples.

Is it too early for me to ask for a beer from the guy who said 22 was overhyped and we'd only win a game or 2 with him.

RMK keeps this up then hes gotta be COY. We were picked dead last this year. Lets hope it keeps on rolling!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
It feels strangely uncomfortable to be rolling along. It has been so long since we had any typ eof sustained success in hoops that you instinctively brace yourself for what may happen next. But i want to savor this little run as long as possible.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Flamerz wrote:Flames win again 4 in a row how about them apples.

Is it too early for me to ask for a beer from the guy who said 22 was overhyped and we'd only win a game or 2 with him.

RMK keeps this up then hes gotta be COY. We were picked dead last this year. Lets hope it keeps on rolling!
I'm that guy but I don't think I'm the only one who said that. I also think the entire team deserves credit not just Dawson. Coach McKay has done an amazing job with this group. I'm glad I was wrong!

PS I still think you're man crush in Dawson is a bit overboard but I love your passion.
By Flamerz
Sly Fox wrote:It feels strangely uncomfortable to be rolling along. It has been so long since we had any typ eof sustained success in hoops that you instinctively brace yourself for what may happen next. But i want to savor this little run as long as possible.
When the right lineup is on the floor and their playing hungry anything is possible. This team could have packed it in during the losing streak but they kept on fighting. Playing like this come tournament time Liberty can open some eyes especially with a leader on the floor a good coach and shooters all around. Im excited :mrgreen:
By Flamerz
thepostman wrote:
Flamerz wrote:Flames win again 4 in a row how about them apples.

I'm that guy but I don't think I'm the only one who said that. I also think the entire team deserves credit not just Dawson. Coach McKay has done an amazing job with this group. I'm glad I was wrong!

PS I still think you're man crush in Dawson is a bit overboard but I love your passion.
I never said he was the chosen one or a lottery pick, but I did say from seeing him play in the scrimmage that this team would be better with him and actually win and that we, not just him are doing. Im glad you were wrong too. Go Flames
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Another solid road win. Man what a difference a few weeks make. Time to start looking at what a realistic shoeing we can come up with over the last 7. I would say 5 and 2 at best and 2 and 5 at worst if we fell back to old ways. The key will be splitting one of the next 2.
Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Were not done https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/s[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]