If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
This team is improving as the season goes on it is a lot or dun to see. I know there will be frustrations along the way but this is an awesome win!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I believe we are seeing buds from the process and the guys buying in from day 1
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
If you didn't see the game, a video of Dawson's last play is on Facebook:

The announcers called the play before it happened: just get the ball to Dawson at the top of the key and get out of the way! If you watch the video, 4 or 5 separate High Point players tried to defend him, but Dawson would not be denied. He absolutely willed that ball into the basket.

The look on Coach Cherry's face after the game was a combination of disgust and absolute sheer disbelief.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Have we surpassed last years win total yet?
Not yet. We have matched the D1 win total and doubled the BSC wins.
By FlameFan11
Great program win! Took a total team effort. It was shocking at halftime to be where we were with the lack of point production from Dawson and Maxwell in the 1st half. AC Reid has been so quiet but he definitely was HUGE tonight. 33 bench points?!? Can hang with just about any team hitting 13 3s but I don't think anyone could have seen this coming.

If you started the season by saying we finish the entire year with 7 wins, 4 in conference including wins over Coastal on the road and against High Point and John Brown, every single one of us would have taken it. Especially after the first month of the season. We have all of that with still 9 regular season games to go. Huge credit to the coaching staff for their work in such a short period of time and the guys on the team for putting in the work and trusting the process. The future looks bright and much closer that I could have ever anticipated.
By g-webb1994
Registration Days Posts
CRM should be leading the pack right now for conference coach of the year for what he's done so far. Not looking forward to that game down here next Wednesday at all, especially if we lose to RU tomorrow and are trying to break a 3 game skid against y'all. An old adage about chicken salad that I heard growing up has been completely shredded so far. CRM keeps this up, everyone will begin to think that he is Annie Sullivan reincarnated somehow.

Conference is really shaping up to be tight, any team that can string together four or five wins in a row can vault up the chart in a hurry. We did to start off with, WU is in the process of it now, and LU could with your next two down here at GW and PC. Those Calvinists are predestined to lose anyway. (I love dropping that one whenever I can 8) )
By Flamerz
olldflame wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Have we surpassed last years win total yet?
Not yet. We have matched the D1 win total and doubled the BSC wins.
Glad these guys bought in from day 1 and even during the losing streak kept on playing hard. I first saw Dawson play in the Blue/White scrimmage and knew there was something special about him minus the turnovers which comes with time but in my eyes he has "All Big South team" written all over him because there isnt a player in the conference that can stop him 1 on 1 but I was told I was overhyping him and we would only win a game or 2 with him. Now were 4 wins in and if this team continues to grow we will be one to watch... RMk is turning a coal into a ruby one step at a time and were all watching it happen... There will be bumps in the road and losses along the way but we will fight every night!
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Flamerz, great post! This is the most enjoyment I have had watching LU basketball since the tournament run with Layer. But this team has more heart and plays better defense.
By Flamerz
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Flamerz, great post! This is the most enjoyment I have had watching LU basketball since the tournament run with Layer. But this team has more heart and plays better defense.
The defense is scrappy and hungry. We have no size but rebound pretty decently and having a player or 2 that can break down defenses. If Theo was still on this team man we would special.
Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]

Longwood

Did you make the trip to Farmville?

G5 Playoff Only

We DO NOT want this. This is Division 1AA all ove[…]