If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Longwood University
Farmville, Virginia

Lancers Official Hoops Site

Jayson Gee
3rd Season as Longwood Head Coach

2015-2016 Schedule/Results
  • Overall ........ 6-14
    Big South ..... 2-4
    Road ............ 2-8

11.13 - RANDOLPH COLLEGE ........ W 69-49
    11.16 - LA ROCHE COLLEGE ......... W 89-65

Eastern Kentucky Hoops Classic in Richmond, KY
    11.20 - vs. SC STATE .................. L 77-83
    11.21 - vs. BALL STATE ............... L 67-78
    11.22 - @ EASTERN KENTUCKY ..... L 97-110

11.25 - @ MAINE ........................ L 82-92
    11.28 - @ COLUMBIA .................. W 70-69
    12.02 - @ HIGH POINT* ............... L 66-90
    12.05 - UMBC ............................. L 59-70
    12.12 - @ RICHMOND .................. L 59-77
    12.15 - @ OKLAHOMA STATE ......... L 55-73
    12.19 - @ GEORGE MASON ............ L 70-75
    12.22 - @ DARTMOUTH ................ L 54-78
    12.28 - CAIRN ........................... W 90-52
    12.31 - UNC ASHEVILLE* .............. L 61-70
    01.02 - GARDNER-WEBB* ............. L 66-67
    01.06 - @ PRESBYTERIAN* ........... L 65-78
    01.09 - COASTAL CAROLINA ......... W 76-61
    01.14 - @ CAMPBELL* ................. W 74-57
    01.19 - @ LIBERTY* .................... 7:00 PM

Key Player
    #10 Lotanna Nwogbo
    6' 8" 255 lbs Senior Forward/Center (Tulane Transfer)
    Thru 6 Big South Games: Averaging 15.2 Pts & 7.3 Rebs + 61. FG%
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Well, I suspect Ritchie is a lot happier with the defense so far tonight. Halftime score Liberty 26 Longwood 17.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
The first thing he said at halftime. Weve turned the ball over every possible way. Dawson is a good player he just needs to stop trying to do too much and the turnovers will go down.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:The first thing he said at halftime. Weve turned the ball over every possible way. Dawson is a good player he just needs to stop trying to do too much and the turnovers will go down.
To be fair, Dawson has 3 TOs, but also has 4 assists. Cabbil also has 3 TOs, with only 2 assists.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
So Maxwell needs to work on that whole catching while moving thing
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Just an embarrassing display down the stretch. We are so tough to watch this year. There's just so many mental mistakes.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Just an embarrassing display down the stretch. We are so tough to watch this year. There's just so many mental mistakes.
Uhhhhhhh ...... we won.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
If you watched it you would know why I say that. I'll take a win but it was brutal down the stretch. That last play was not a foul so the result was right but I don't think the explanation was correct.
By Flamerz
4 turnovers but was 5-6 for 14 points, 9 rebounds, 5 assists and a win. What a horrible game for Dawson.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I didn't say horrible game. We just need him to protect the ball more. That last turnover was just dumb. Cabbil is turning over as well but he's a true frosh. I'm just saying if we win any games he has be great and protect the rock better. I love both players and I think they are going to be a dynamic backcourt duo for 3 years.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ugly win indeed, largely because Maxwell had more turnovers (6) than points (4). Longwood brought quite a few fans, who got very vocal at the end of the game, but left disappointed. The 6'8' 255 pound Tulane transfer had his way with Maxwell, but we still squeaked out a win.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Flamerz wrote:4 turnovers but was 5-6 for 14 points, 9 rebounds, 5 assists and a win. What a horrible game for Dawson.
This is now fun for me.

Dawson. The GOAT of liberty basketball!

Glad we pulled out the win bit the self inflected turnovers by the entire team needs to stop. We won which is nice but nothing bothers me more than being sloppy with the ball.
By Flamerz
thepostman wrote:
Flamerz wrote:4 turnovers but was 5-6 for 14 points, 9 rebounds, 5 assists and a win. What a horrible game for Dawson.
This is now fun for me.

Glad we pulled out the win bit the self inflected turnovers by the entire team needs to stop. We won which is nice but nothing bothers me more than being sloppy with the ball.
You do realize that besides him no one can create a shot for anyone else on the team. Cabbil basically can get the ball across half court and score on his own but doesnt demand the respect of an additional defender and Fields doesnt shoot well enough to demand a defender glued to him and is a average finisher going to the rim at best. So Dawson who has handle can break down defenses and get in the paint does take risks but he has the ball in his hands alot. Id like to see his turnovers go down but its a process whats this his 8th or 9th game in 2 years. Im sure he will get it together. Glad we won more than anything.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
In concession stand news (which may be of interest to only Purple), they tried selling a new item last night:

french fries topped with nacho cheese & jalapeños

I was pretty excited to see this on display, because in my 30 years of going to LU basketball games I've never seen a jalapeño inside the Vines Center or the Schilling Center. When I asked if the jalapeños could be added to an order of nachos, they said, "No, they are just for the french fries." :nono

I was like :banghead :frustrated
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Flamerz wrote:
thepostman wrote:
This is now fun for me.

You do realize that besides him no one can create a shot for anyone else on the team. Cabbil basically can get the ball across half court and score on his own but doesnt demand the respect of an additional defender and Fields doesnt shoot well enough to demand a defender glued to him and is a average finisher going to the rim at best. So Dawson who has handle can break down defenses and get in the paint does take risks but he has the ball in his hands alot. Id like to see his turnovers go down but its a process whats this his 8th or 9th game in 2 years. Im sure he will get it together. Glad we won more than anything.
I love your passion. At this point I'm just having fun getting you spun up.

I like Dawson and am glad he is a flame. I'm just having a little fun at your expense.
By jlread
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:In concession stand news (which may be of interest to only Purple), they tried selling a new item last night:

I was pretty excited to see this on display, because in my 30 years of going to LU basketball games I've never seen a jalapeño inside the Vines Center or the Schilling Center. When I asked if the jalapeños could be added to an order of nachos, they said, "No, they are just for the french fries." :nono

Ha that's Absoluetly ridiculousness. Do they allow other food vendors in there??? I'd love to be a BBQ vendor and do smoked pulled pork loaded nachos.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jlread wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:In concession stand news (which may be of interest to only Purple), they tried selling a new item last night:

Ha that's Absoluetly ridiculousness. Do they allow other food vendors in there??? I'd love to be a BBQ vendor and do smoked pulled pork loaded nachos.
I'm not a jalapeño guy. However, I am a customer service guy. Absolutely ridiculous. But fresh cook d fries are always yummy
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
flamesfilmguy wrote:We win Covenant, Summit, Central Penn. Then go winless in the month of december, Our first Big south victory will be Campbell at home Jan. 9th. Longwood at home and away , Presby at home and we lose every other game.
7-24. No tourney wins.
Posted October 29th.
I'd like to point out that minus the Coastal win. I'm pretty much on the money so far.

If the new players picks up on the pack line defen[…]

Longwood

Liberty wins 9-3. Roupe 2 homers, 4 RBI. Jesse hom[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. 6 starte[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution, Loui[…]