If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
How do you call for an intentional foul? Don't you mean he was asking them to foul? Big difference
As for doing it with the lead, depends on a couple of factors
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Either it was strategy to get the last shot or he didn't know. It was a bit of a gamble but I really don't have a problem with it. It happens.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:How do you call for an intentional foul? Don't you mean he was asking them to foul? Big difference
Lost track of the number of fouls.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I'm still proud of how this team is playing. Could have easily given up when the lead got out there towards the end of the 1st.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:How do you call for an intentional foul? Don't you mean he was asking them to foul? Big difference
But did he call for an Intentional Foul :dontgetit
By Flamerz
He lost track of the amount of fouls and had us commit a foul not knowing we was over the limit already.... Welp, life goes on commendable effort by all the guys..
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Disappointing to see a coaching error may have cost us at the end of the game, but if not for poor shooting early and uncharacteristic defensive lapses leading to too many easy baskets (multiple dunks) it wouldn't have been so close. 20 shots taken by Dawson is too many when he is not hitting. In a game like that we needed to get more shots for the guys who were making them like Homesley and Talbert.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I realize that Maxwell had that horrible injury to his tongue, but he's fallen off the proverbial map since that accident. Last night he only played 18 minutes and only took ONE shot. Talbert is actually getting more playing time than Maxwell is.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Chippy wrote:
But did he call for an Intentional Foul :dontgetit
He did!
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:So they got 2 shots and the ball!
No, no, he told them to foul but a non-intentional intentional. 8) The kind where you don't give them 2 shots and the ball. I think he thought we had a foul to give and wanted to use that up.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
No, no, no! Coach called on Cabbil to foul the CSU guard which he did by lightly grabbing him. It was only intentional in that Cabbil intended to foul him based on the orders being barked out from the coach to him and not a flagrant foul. Potter got two shots and we got the ball back - then proceeded to miss a couple potential game winning shots at the end. Homesley had a direct path for a layup but took a 3 which was frustrating to watch. At least he could have gotten to the line if he missed the layup.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:
No, no, he told them to foul but a non-intentional intentional. 8) The kind where you don't give them 2 shots and the ball. I think he thought we had a foul to give and wanted to use that up.

Losing track of team fouls and Time Outs can be traced to assistant coaches

I was wondering why everyone was saying 'Intentional Foul'. That stupid at just about any time during a game
By Flamerz
Purple Haize wrote:
flamehunter wrote:

I was wondering why everyone was saying 'Intentional Foul'. That stupid at just about any time during a game
Right foul on purpose, like give a foul... Not a flagrant foul.

Also there was whispers about the amount of shots Dawson is took. Word from a team source is that he has the green light and can shoot as needed 20 shots seemed like alot but in the second half he was making shots to help get us back in the game he did other things like rack up 6 assists, 7 Rebounds and only 1 turnover. Talbert did make alot of shots that were created by Guards driving and kicking. I think he needs to be involved more moving forward especially if Maxwell is gonna play timid.

Its a long process and the team is growing 1 game at a time.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
flamehunter wrote:

Pretty much every team has one assistant assigned to keep the HC informed on the number of timeouts and one for fouls. That doesn't necessarily mean they were at fault last night. He could have still forgotten in the heat of the moment.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Than that coach should have tackled him as soon as he heard RMK trying to get the players to foul
LU Campus Construction Thread

Are they changing the name of The Jerry Falwell[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

The Race War (Caste system) began full implementat[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

To suggest Cleveland won't start is pretty ignoran[…]

UTEP

Need a series win to clinch regular season title, […]