If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Nice win. On a pretty much completely unrelated note, it's really weird to me that SuperJon is still actively posting on CoastalFans.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Flamerz wrote:Wheres the guy who said Dawson was Overhyped......

Told yall hes Legit. Great shot
That was me.
thepostman wrote:This is not a knock on Dawson but the over hyping of him by some on this board is nauseating.
I still stand by it. He clearly is talented. It wasn't a knock on him but on you guys who made it sound like when he returned the team would all of a sudden be good. It's just not the case.

Love that we won though. Our defense will win us a game or two.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:Ritchie has never lost to them. The announcers sounded stunned.
I think everyone is
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:Nice win. On a pretty much completely unrelated note, it's really weird to me that SuperJon is still actively posting on CoastalFans.
I wouldn't say that's unrelated. Didn't he say he was going to stop posting online because it was detracting from his real life or something along those lines?

Good to see he's dedicated to that end.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Humble_Opinion wrote:
adam42381 wrote:Nice win. On a pretty much completely unrelated note, it's really weird to me that SuperJon is still actively posting on CoastalFans.
I wouldn't say that's unrelated. Didn't he say he was going to stop posting online because it was detracting from his real life or something along those lines?

Good to see he's dedicated to that end.
'Even though I'm an alcoholic I'm still going to drink beer' type mentality
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:'Even though I'm an alcoholic I'm still going to drink teal-colored beer' type mentality
FIFY

Seriously, though, if he was going to cut out a message board, he chose ours--the one associated with his alma mater (for 2 degrees)--over one where he attended college for only a year or two?
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:You are a fortunate man, Atrain. Come on down even thought the weather is less than desirable at the moment.
Wait, ATrain isn't a woman? I thought this whole time.... :dontgetit
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:'Even though I'm an alcoholic I'm still going to drink teal-colored beer' type mentality
FIFY

Seriously, though, if he was going to cut out a message board, he chose ours--the one associated with his alma mater (for 2 degrees)--over one where he attended college for only a year or two?
As a terrible parallel, I used to play in 5 different fantasy football leagues, including one with a $250 buy in. That league was my number 1 priority, to the point where I'd turn off my alarm after checking the waiver wire Wednesday morning. Sundays weren't fun anymore - I was consumed by fantasy football.

So instead of cutting out the 4 other leagues, I cut out the one that I was most addicted to and invested in. (Then I quit the FF league after that stupid pro/rel/dibbs junk hit the fan.(unrelated.)) I'm now able to have fun with the game without getting worked up, stressed out, and there's more balance in my life. Quitting the other 4 leagues would not have been nearly as beneficial as quitting the first.

I can't speak for the guy, but I can at least see a very plausible reason to post there and not here.

Also he might just not like us. That's an option too.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Schfourteenteen wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:
FIFY

As a terrible parallel, I used to play in 5 different fantasy football leagues, including one with a $250 buy in. That league was my number 1 priority, to the point where I'd turn off my alarm after checking the waiver wire Wednesday morning. Sundays weren't fun anymore - I was consumed by fantasy football.

So instead of cutting out the 4 other leagues, I cut out the one that I was most addicted to and invested in. (Then I quit the FF league after that stupid pro/rel/dibbs junk hit the fan.(unrelated.)) I'm now able to have fun with the game without getting worked up, stressed out, and there's more balance in my life. Quitting the other 4 leagues would not have been nearly as beneficial as quitting the first.

I can't speak for the guy, but I can at least see a very plausible reason to post there and not here.

Also he might just not like us. That's an option too.
But his Manifesto said ALL boards
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I think it was the "SuperJon" persona was what he wanted to shed. It represented a part of his life from which he is now walking away.

(I think he could have both but that's my opinion- also I'm wildly immature and intend to stay that way)

Sch14teen is right: that persona had a greater hold here, where he posted more frequently.

oh that, and he doesn't like you guys

#rabbittrailoftheyear
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I used to post all the time. Now I rarely do. Although I'm sure everyone is fine with that :mrgreen:
Some statistics

So, who is the new hitting coach that Coach Dot wi[…]

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty worthl[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Half of the ads are about how Bob Good is tough on[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]