If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:I suspect that Tomasz will be pursuing his pro playing career after this season. I wouldn't be shocked to see him wind up as a GA for us once that is over. I can't recall seeing a player in any sport continue to gush about his LU experience after transferring like we have from Tomasz.
That is certainly a possibility. A lot would depend on where he is in his Master´s program. If he has another year to go, he may want to hold off on his pro career to complete it.
A pro career is perishable. Take advantage of it while you can
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I suspect that Tomasz will be pursuing his pro playing career after this season. I wouldn't be shocked to see him wind up as a GA for us once that is over. I can't recall seeing a player in any sport continue to gush about his LU experience after transferring like we have from Tomasz.
His international experience would be invaluable for some of our guys. With playing overseas being the only option to continue their career for 95% of our guys - it would be nice to have a voice there.

I hate he transferred. He was one of my favorites.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
TDDance234 wrote:
His international experience would be invaluable for some of our guys. With playing overseas being the only option to continue their career for 95% of our guys - it would be nice to have a voice there.

I hate he transferred. He was one of my favorites.
We have quite a bit of international experience on our staff already. Omar Mance played several years overseas after his college career before he began coaching. I like Tomasz as well. Really interesting and smart young man. To be honest though, I believe he is better suited to the international game. Could have been the coaching, but he never realized his potential at Liberty, and seemed to still be adjusting
to the college game after 4 years. It will be interesting to see what he does at Ole Miss.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:It will be interesting to see what he does at Ole Miss.
One Flame Fan in particular is more interested in this than others! #SECready Play Basketball :woohoo
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Bumping this OLD thread because Jethro is transferring from Arizona St. after a disappointing FR year which included a suspension for "violation of team rules".

https://arizonasports.com/story/1073994 ... -transfer/

Don't know what he did, but even if Richie thinks he would be a fit in our system and could work around the scholarship issues, I doubt he will bring in anyone with even the least bit of baggage.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Maciej Bender is transferring to Mercer. Dale Layer is an assistant there and Bender's HS coach was a grad assistant for Layer at Liberty. Bender should be a tough matchup in the Southern Conference.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]