If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By R i
Registration Days Posts
I hope the Upward Stars , are more like the Houston Homeschool group , than the Butternut Homeschool group.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Absolutely Equinox...this kid almost never had his eyes on the ball or his defender. Hope we land him
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote:I hope the Upward Stars , are more like the Houston Homeschool group , than the Butternut Homeschool group.
Pretty sure that is his AAU team. This kid isn't homeschooled. He goes to Seneca HS.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
olldflame wrote:I hope at some point Ritchie will offer someone over 6'5". :| Just sayin. Play Basketball
That's not the Ritchie McKay way! :)
That's actually urban myth (or maybe it's Baptist myth.) Ritchie signed 10 players in his previous stint as our HC. 2 of them were 6'10" (Joel VanderPol and Carter McMasters) and one (Austen Smith) was 6'9". I would say that's about a normal ratio of big guys. Add Brolin Floyd, at 6'6", and Bill Weaver was actually a late replacement for 6'5" 235 bruiser Sammy Jackson. The only true guards were Jeremy Anderson, Curry, Jesse, Chris Perez and Johnny Stephene. We listed Floyd and Smitty as guards on the roster although neither really played in the backcourt. Put those 2 in with Curry, Sanders and Ohman and you have the infamous 5 guard starting lineup. There is also a tendency to forget that McMasters started the first couple of games before the extent of his stress reaction became clear, leading to his redshirting and later in the year Austen Smith replaced Brolin in the starting lineup.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Who can forget freshman Carter McMasters draining those threes in that game against UNC-Asheville?! Oh, memory lane...
By FlameFan11
You can check out Barmore and his team tonight and the next couple days in the 2015 Farm Bureau Insurance Classic. Live streams to games and it looks like links to played games. Barmore plays for Seneca (SC). Here is the link to the website and then click on the live streams link.

http://www.thesuvtv.com/news_article/sh ... ferrer_id=

Watch the 2015 Farm Bureau Insurance Classic live on SUVtv
12/27/2015, 4:00pm EST
By SUVtv
FBI Classic tips off from Dorman Arena on Monday, December 28
The Farm Bureau Insurance Classic features a collection of solid high school basketball teams each year during the holiday season. Held at Dorman High School in Spartanburg, SC, the bracket-based tournament includes boys and girls divisions that make for an exciting few days in Dorman Arena at the end of each year. SUVtv will provide live streams from the main gym throughout the entire event.

This year's field features teams from Georgia, South Carolina, Florida, North Carolina, and Tennessee. There will be plenty of signed and unsigned talent at the FBI Classic, and some of the notable players include:

Wendell Carter (Pace Academy), #1 ranked player in the c/o 2017
John Ogwuche (Greenforest Academy), New Hampshire commit
Xzavier Barmore (Seneca), Liberty commit
Brevin Galloway (Seneca), College of Charleston commit
Jordan Bruner (Spring Valley), Yale commit
Josh Okogie (Shiloh), Georgia Tech commit
Darnell Rogers (Shiloh), George Washington commit
LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread