If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
This guys is 2 weeks overdue but it finally came out. The guy seems to have a whole lot more knowledge of smaller conferences than most people with big websites. Although, he does seem to make a lot of generic quotes one could make without having ever watched a game. Anyway, here it is: http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/blog/mar ... eview.html

I like the looks of this quote
However, I look for the Big South to become a mid-major conference that is discussed more heavily this season. The league has several very good players who could become national names with more exposure, including Larry Blair, Jack Leasure, Reggie Williams, Arizona Reid, and Chris Oliver. Watch out for the Big South this season--and don't forget Winthrop as a potential upset pick in the NCAA Tournament.
Let's hope the exposure part comes true.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
A very nice comment to give the conference that kind of outlook.
By Killn'emsoftly
Registration Days Posts
Did you guys read the bottom of that article where someone wrote Dan Ross of Radford and Justin Dunn of High Point are no longer with there teams.... to me that should change the out come of the preseason voting. Ross and Dunn are were important contributors to their teams, I thought.
By WinthropEagleFan
Registration Days Posts
Killn'emsoftly wrote:Did you guys read the bottom of that article where someone wrote Dan Ross of Radford and Justin Dunn of High Point are no longer with there teams.... to me that should change the out come of the preseason voting. Ross and Dunn are were important contributors to their teams, I thought.
That was me that posted it...he had those guys, along with Risher and Stewart mentioned in the article, but since I made that note, he's taken them out. I thought Dunn was pretty good, but if there's one area where HPU can afford to lose a player, it is at the small forward slot (they have a few other guys that can play there and/or shift the lineup a little to compensate). Dan Ross was ok, but RU is going to be lousy with or without him.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
It is a shame that the columnists or ESPN analyst cannot correctly evaluate teams. But, that would be a heavy burden considering all the other conferences in the NCAA. It would be nice to have a group of analysts who were only scheduled to cover and correspond over the lower and mid major conferences...
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
I agree. There is only so much face time on ESPN. I don't think it would be a push to have someone "behind the scenes" covering some of the small conferences.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
I volunteer to cover the Big South. There aren't too many media guys that know this conference like I do. However I didn't even know about Larry Franklin so maybe I'm not qualified either :lol:
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
That would be nice for you to do that SCAR. I just know about Franklin cause I know him outside of basketball. He is a great guy, and I know he will do better at Eastern Oklahoma University...get the word to ESPN.
By WinthropEagleFan
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, I spent a few years covering the conference for Hoopville.com (don't have the time to do it now), because I saw the need for someone that actually watches these teams play to be writing about them...
By Rocketfan
Registration Days Posts
SCAR wrote:I volunteer to cover the Big South. There aren't too many media guys that know this conference like I do. However I didn't even know about Larry Franklin so maybe I'm not qualified either :lol:
i actually wrote for these guys about 2 or 3 years back. I was writing like a bi-weekly wrap of the conference for a few months. They did pay but when i wrote for them , but they had to many writers on the payroll, so i didn't get anything. I got to busy with the champion and radio so i didn't continue. When i spoke with the head guy there ( can't remember his name ) he said no one from the Big South had ever contacted them before to write, he was very suprised i e-mailed him. I think i may even still have the article around here somewhere.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Rocket, PM me his email address and I will contact him for next year. I have never written a real article before but if Lang and ATrain can do it, how hard can it be? :P
2024 Season Thread

Nice breakdown. Sounds like a promising class

2025 Recruiting Discussion

https://www.aseaofred.com/2025-cb-uriah-points-com[…]

This year's men’s basketball?

Ben Southerland is going to Wright State. A bit of[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

I'll just leave this here: https://www.gazettenet[…]