If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Hansel tweets in both English and Spanish. If you are wondering if this kid from Columbia will fit in at Liberty, check this out:

"Rabia me da que comparen a Dios con personas famosas solo porque tienen un buen día. Llámenlos Dios cuando ellos resuciten para salvarnos"

Roughly translated: "It makes me mad when famous people are deified because they had a good day. Call them God when they are resurrected to save us."

Yeah, I think he may fit in OK. 8)
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Probably better here than at Marshall (yea, that was really hard to say).
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
I'm glad we seem to be honing in some PG's. I'm not a huge Retic fan - I think if we're going to have any hope of contending next season, somebody is going to have cut in to his minutes big time.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Apparently they are calling Hansel "chocolate blanco". I guess because he has some Jason Williams in his game and has an offer from Marshall. I doubt he is THAT talented, but he could be fun to watch.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Chris Lang wrote:Tomasz. Tomasz.
Yeah, yeah. And here I was all proud about getting the sz at the end right. I knew it didn't look right when I finished typing it, and I said to myself, "sz"; that's how you spell it. :roll:
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
We had two tennis players from Colombia recently: Juan Reyes and the soon-to-be graduating Jorge Azuero. It would be awesome if basketball could establish a pipeline into Colombia as well.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I'm not sure there are enough Christian BB players of D1 caliber in Columbia to keep a pipeline flowing, but maybe we can send a tanker truck down the intercontinental highway to pick one up now and then. Hansel looks like a great fit for Liberty, and if his game bears ANY resemblance to Jason Williams', he will be very entertaining!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Chris Lang wrote:Tanker truck would never get across the Darien Gap. Would get stuck in the jungle. Need a boat.
Nah, I think we would only need a small one. Basketball really isn't that big in Columbia. We could hire Lisa and the Polar Bear to drive it.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Hansel was not in New Jersey this weekend. He was in Pittsburgh, going 6-0 and winning the Pitt Jamfest with his AAU team the West Virginia Wildcats. They beat Team Loaded from Richmond in the final.

I don't know if he has visited NJIT yet or not.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Maybe were trying to clear a scholly for him
I don't believe we have to in order to sign him. Since recruits don't receive any actual benefits from the school til they enroll, I'm pretty sure the players who have signed NLIs won't count against the limit of 13 at least til summer school starts. The deadline to inform an athlete if their scholarship will be renewed is not til July 1.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The Herd's loss is the Flames' gain. Welcome to LU. :clapping
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Hansel may reap further recruiting benefits down the road. The big guy dunking at the end of a lot of the assists on his highlight video is 6'10" Maciek Bender from Poland. Hitting a lot of the 3s is 6'7" Swing Jakub Mijakowski, also from Poland. Both are Juniors. Bender has an offer from Marshall, as did Hansel. Their coach, Pawel Mrozik, also from Poland, is a Liberty alum and former graduate assistant.

The question remains; is Poland the new Nigeria?
Last edited by olldflame on April 28th, 2015, 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]