If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
Lovell Cabbil
6'2 170 lbs. Combo Guard
Arlington (TX) Mansfield Summit High School

FlamesNation Profile

Rivals Profile

Verbal Commits Profile

beRecruited Profile

Twitter

[youtube]
[/youtube]
The MansfieldSummit
‏@JunitBasketball
Liberty University leaves the gym today after seeing unsigned senior @lovellikc_ excited.

Holds Offers from (As of 4/18/15):
  • Liberty
    SE Missouri State
    Southern
    Tarleton State
By PAFlame
Doesn't appear to be a lot of video on the player besides 1-2. I don't know how to feel about primarily catch and shoot combo guards, although it looks like he can finish at the rim which is nice. Wish it would showcase more of his passing skills.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
The fact that we are apparently out there looking at 2015 recruits certainly would seem to indicate attrition is expected when you consider we are currently one OVER the scholarship limit.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
He has offers from Tarleton State., Southern U. and SE MO State. Among the programs who apparently showed at least a degree of interest are Wichita State. and Washington State.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
soccer7 wrote:If you take a look at his twitter account he says he has committed to Liberty.
I've looked at it up and down, and maybe I'm blind or stupid, but all I see mentioned is the offer; nothing about committing.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:I think that was our signee homesley you were looking at. Looks like hes still a solid commit.
Just before the announcement of McKay's hiring Homesley tweeted "I wanna know who my coach will be!!!!"

Sounds like someone committed to come to the school, no matter who the coach is. Then again, I'm not sure what his other options would be.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote: October 25th, 2019, 3:01 pm Cabbil signs with NBA G League's Fort Wayne Mad Ants

https://www.aseaofred.com/lovell-cabbil ... -mad-ants/
In addition to Lovell's own skills and hard work, this opportunity is no doubt reflective of the recent NBA success of several UVA players who either were directly coached by McKay and/or Soucie or at minimum were grounded in the same principles (especially defensive) by Bennett and the UVA staff.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]