If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I just enjoy good basketball, whether Phi Slamma Jamma, Four Corners, Princeton Offense or "The System". If you run it well, I enjoy watching it.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I always liked VMI's offense. Cross mid court and look for a shot.
7 seconds or less, baby! I always loved Mike D'Antoni's system. It's a shame he couldn't ever figure out how to get his teams to play any semblance of defense.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
D'Antoni's Suns were way better defensively than most thought. Points per game isn't the end all. When you adjust the metrics for the increased pace/possessions, Phoenix was middle of the pack defensively, not awful.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
Chris Lang wrote:D'Antoni's Suns were way better defensively than most thought. Points per game isn't the end all. When you adjust the metrics for the increased pace/possessions, Phoenix was middle of the pack defensively, not awful.
They just couldn't find someone to protect the rim.
By bluejacket
TDDance234 wrote:
Chris Lang wrote:D'Antoni's Suns were way better defensively than most thought. Points per game isn't the end all. When you adjust the metrics for the increased pace/possessions, Phoenix was middle of the pack defensively, not awful.
D'Antoni had Stoudemire in Phoenix. He could protect the rim, even though he didn't always want to play defense/rebound.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
bluejacket wrote:
TDDance234 wrote:
D'Antoni had Stoudemire in Phoenix. He could protect the rim, even though he didn't always want to play defense/rebound.
Stoudemire's motivation to play defense was zero. He didn't put forth the effort until Mike Woodson got a hold of him, IMO.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Maybe the BEST interview Coach McKay has ever given--talking about his own playing career, his Dad, his early coaching experiences, his faith, and his relationships with both Coach Bennetts (father & son).

http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm ... 4&TeamID=6
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
In 22 games we have allowed 70+ points 10 times...only one of those games the opponent broke 80. Last year in the first 22 games we allowed 70+ 9 times, 4 of them 80+ point games and 8 we weren't within 10 points margin of defeat
2024 Recruiting Discussion

When you have a chance to pick up a talent like th[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]