If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TheGovernor
Sorry that I've been MIA. Not hiding, just been a busy time in life.

I did see the other thread where Sly backed me by saying that my word was valid, thank you kind sir.

Best of luck to Coach McKay and his staff.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
watching that, seeing the names on the backs of jerseys- seems like so long ago...
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
rhezick wrote:Looks like BJ got his video bomb in at the 4:04 mark!
With crutch! :medic
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Yeah...while I don't remember the camera being around, I think I had a flareup with my knee hence the crutches...nice of you guys to notice
By JakeP50
Registration Days Posts
I can't wait to actually see Vines look like that for basketball. And as an added bonus, more students cheering like somewhat normal people will drown out the most obnoxious man on campus.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
comet wrote:Is the #1 Fan still around? He was already up there in age in the late 90s.
Yes, Gary Householder (aka, #1 Fan) is still around and sitting on the front row of every game!
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
comet wrote:Is the #1 Fan still around? He was already up there in age in the late 90s.
Yes, Gary Householder (aka, #1 Fan) is still around and sitting on the front row of every game!
. . and at baseball games, football games and most other sports he can get himself to. Gary is a solid #1 after the passing of Doc.
JakeP50 wrote:I can't wait to actually see Vines look like that for basketball. And as an added bonus, more students cheering like somewhat normal people will drown out the most obnoxious man on campus.
He's awesome. And he's your elder, in terms of age and length of time as a Flames Fan. Show some respect.
By JakeP50
Registration Days Posts
I wasn't talking about Gary, he's hilarious and I would never make fun of someone that much older than me. I give Gary MAJOR props for getting to as many games as he does and being that passionate no matter the team's record. My post may not have been worded properly but I was referring to JJ McCracken the student who does the high pitched "YEEEEEEEEEEEEE" on every defensive possession. Based on the tweets I see during games and what I've heard from people sitting around me I'm not the only person with that opinion. It's not that I don't admire his passion or creativity, because I will admit I'm a little lacking in the creativity area, but I've seen people get up and move away from him because he's hurting their ears. A packed student section cheering the exact same way,maybe a few octaves lower so we don't all destroy our voices for the next week, would create one of the best atmospheres in the BSC. JJ on his own,however,makes my ears bleed.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Really??? JJ McCracken is a ROCK STAR.

He's a joy to watch in action. He was like all the LUnatics from years' past rolled into one guy: he stands in a cardboard box that he brings to games, paints his face, wears absurd LU gear and Mardi Gras beads, cheers, waves pompoms, and dances to the pep band's music. And that shrill sounds he makes, you can hear it on TV and radio like a siren going off in a light house.

We need MORE JJ McCrackens, not fewer. He's even got his own thread: https://www.flamefans.com/forums/viewto ... =3&t=22537
By jlread
Registration Days Posts
JakeP50 wrote:I wasn't talking about Gary, he's hilarious and I would never make fun of someone that much older than me. I give Gary MAJOR props for getting to as many games as he does and being that passionate no matter the team's record. My post may not have been worded properly but I was referring to JJ McCracken the student who does the high pitched "YEEEEEEEEEEEEE" on every defensive possession. Based on the tweets I see during games and what I've heard from people sitting around me I'm not the only person with that opinion. It's not that I don't admire his passion or creativity, because I will admit I'm a little lacking in the creativity area, but I've seen people get up and move away from him because he's hurting their ears. A packed student section cheering the exact same way,maybe a few octaves lower so we don't all destroy our voices for the next week, would create one of the best atmospheres in the BSC. JJ on his own,however,makes my ears bleed.

Hahaha I'm glad nothing's changed in 10 years!! I never minded when kids were that crazy during the sporting events. What I always hated was the obnoxious kids that were desperate for attention so they acted Like 6th graders everywhere. Ugh it was so annoying.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
JakeP50 wrote:I wasn't talking about Gary, he's hilarious and I would never make fun of someone that much older than me. I give Gary MAJOR props for getting to as many games as he does and being that passionate no matter the team's record. My post may not have been worded properly but I was referring to JJ McCracken the student who does the high pitched "YEEEEEEEEEEEEE" on every defensive possession. Based on the tweets I see during games and what I've heard from people sitting around me I'm not the only person with that opinion. It's not that I don't admire his passion or creativity, because I will admit I'm a little lacking in the creativity area, but I've seen people get up and move away from him because he's hurting their ears. A packed student section cheering the exact same way,maybe a few octaves lower so we don't all destroy our voices for the next week, would create one of the best atmospheres in the BSC. JJ on his own,however,makes my ears bleed.
Why don't you organize something with him to create a group of students that will do creative things at games? LUNatics 2.0.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:
Why don't you organize something with him to create a group of students that will do creative things at games? LUNatics 2.0.
I was with you until you called them The LUnatics. They'd have to earn that name in my book.

</old man>
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
He couldn't be bothered to stay for football games when it was "too cold" so I don't think you have to worry about him putting in the effort in starting any kind of student group like the LUNatics... just sayin
LU Campus Construction Thread

Are they changing the name of The Jerry Falwell[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

The Race War (Caste system) began full implementat[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

To suggest Cleveland won't start is pretty ignoran[…]

UTEP

Need a series win to clinch regular season title, […]