If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By rjhenz
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:I couldn't get the !ink to the recent McKay interview on FlamesNation twitter to work. Would love to hear it.
Go to the GameOn Facebook page, it worked there for me. I couldn't get the link FlamesNation shared either.
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
Rooster Cogburn wrote:I wold like to reverse my angst about Ritchie leaving to go to UVA. I am now glad he left, completed his defensive apprenticeship, tweaked his offense, and returned.
+1. :exactly
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Wvflame2013 wrote:How much to do to get national recognition? maybe not coach of the year but mentioned. He's doing a remarkable job.
He'd have to have a fairly deep run in the NCAA Tourney to get any notice at all. He's doing a great job, but let's not get carried away here.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
Wvflame2013 wrote:How much to do to get national recognition? maybe not coach of the year but mentioned. He's doing a remarkable job.
He'd have to have a fairly deep run in the NCAA Tourney to get any notice at all. He's doing a great job, but let's not get carried away here.
If we win the BSC we would no doubt be a 16 seed. A first round win would be historic, and would be more than enough to get national attention.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
adam42381 wrote:
If we win the BSC we would no doubt be a 16 seed. A first round win would be historic, and would be more than enough to get national attention.
The team would absolutely get attention, but for the coach to be a candidate for national coach of the year? I think not.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
COY awards are less about accomplishments than they are about exceeding expectations. When expectations are zero, you have a head start on everyone.

Having said that, I don't think Ritchie is a shoo-in for the BSC award yet. McDevett at UNCA will get votes of they win the conference.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
We have a legit shot to win the league. Unca coastal and Winthrop will all be beating up on each other. If we finish 4 and 1 we will finish no worse than second and Ritchie will lock up coach of the year. Saturday is such a huge game because the Asheville road game will be a heavy underdog in that one.

Congress needs to get involved and pass a law ca[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]