If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

The worst team in LU history?

Yes
65%
No
35%
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I dont think injuries cant be an excuse anymore. The team doesnt and hasnt had lead players that you couldnt go without since gordon, curry, smith, blair etc. Healthy gielo and retic maybe gets us a few more wins. We still stink
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
While I fully admit Dale has had some of the worst luck imaginable over his term at head coach, at some point you have to change things for the sake of the program. Dale's an incredible guy and I've loved every single interaction I've ever had with him, but if we look at it from a business standpoint and building a program, bad luck can't mask results.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:I dont think injuries cant be an excuse anymore. The team doesnt and hasnt had lead players that you couldnt go without...
I've never seen so many double negatives on FlameFans before. :shock:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I have no point, I was repeating what the Old-timer told me.
What does too white mean? Are you seeking racial quotas? Are you saying white kids can't play at this level? You are the one who repeated it so you must agree with it since you didn't refute it
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I just posted what he said. I did not agree or disagree. There comes a time when one has to "take the 5th".
So you agree with it but don't want to back it up. Otherwise there is no need to post it
By bluejacket
Purple Haize wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I just posted what he said. I did not agree or disagree. There comes a time when one has to "take the 5th".
So you agree with it but don't want to back it up. Otherwise there is no need to post it
Exactly.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote:Every year we go through the injury charade as an excuse. Why are our players always injured? It's not just magical bad luck or anything.
Yeah, that's the ticket! Layer really doesn't want to win, he just wants an excuse for losing, so he somehow talks the players and the medical staff into faking a bunch of injuries every year. Instant excuse. What other explanation could there be?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
jbock13 wrote:Every year we go through the injury charade as an excuse. Why are our players always injured? It's not just magical bad luck or anything.
Yeah, that's the ticket! Layer really doesn't want to win, he just wants an excuse for losing, so he somehow talks the players and the medical staff into faking a bunch of injuries every year. Instant excuse. What other explanation could there be?

There are steps to be taken that can prevent a lot of injuries. People would be surprised at the number of coaches who either don't know how or don't want to take the time to implement them. I do not know if Coach Layer is his staff are in that camp but JBock's theory is not that far fetched.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:As I read earlier somewhere, even if we had no injuries, we still would be towards bottom of BSC standings. No matter how much sugar-coating is applied, we are not very good.
To play Devils advocate let's take all the losses by less than 20 points, plug in What we conservatively would say Gielo's numbers would have been, about 12-15ppg. How many of those are now wins and how many would have taken on a different complexion had he been there? Or add Retic's numbers to those.
It's not a bad bargaining chip
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
That could work, but we would have to figure in their replacement's numbers also. It's not like we played with only 3 players on court while they have been out of lineup.

Too complicated for me to figure out, I am not a math whiz..
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:That could work, but we would have to figure in their replacement's numbers also. It's not like we played with only 3 players on court while they have been out of lineup.

You take those numbers into consideration because those players would have played anyways. So their points count
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
olldflame wrote:

There are steps to be taken that can prevent a lot of injuries. People would be surprised at the number of coaches who either don't know how or don't want to take the time to implement them. I do not know if Coach Layer is his staff are in that camp but JBock's theory is not that far fetched.
:clapping :clapping :clapping
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:That could work, but we would have to figure in their replacement's numbers also. It's not like we played with only 3 players on court while they have been out of lineup.

You take those numbers into consideration because those players would have played anyways. So their points count
But their minutes would have been reduced drastically.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:

But their minutes would have been reduced drastically.
Or they would have been more efficient. You also have to factor in a player more comfortable coming off the bench than starting. Those wash each other out leaving only the missing players points to plug in. Not to mention rebounds, which this team is unfamiliar with.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:I just got off the phone with my top boss (the President) about this issue. Here is what he had to say:
"Its Bush's fault."

So there you have it...
He probably didn't even realize it was an issue until he found out about it on TV
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
ATrain wrote:I just got off the phone with my top boss (the President) about this issue. Here is what he had to say:
"Its Bush's fault."

So there you have it...
He probably didn't even realize it was an issue until he found out about it on TV
That information is classified.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:The real question Haize is, "What would Romney have done about it?".
He would have bought MBB at a discount brought in an entirely new staff while providing severance and job options to the current staff. (Remember, this is the guy who didn't shut down his campaign office until everyone who worked for him had a job lined up. ). Rebrand the marketing, built the smaller arena with a lease option to The University for WBB and VB. Waited 5 years, at which point it would have turned around made an appearance or two in the Tournament and 3 games on ESPN (with SCAR brought back to do analysis) and sold it back to LU at significant profit. 15% of which would have gone to taxes and another 20 to The Church in Salt Lake City.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
"Its Bush's fault."

So there you have it...
That information is classified.
C'mon man, Josh Earnest can obfuscate better than that.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
Red herring.
Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]

Longwood

Did you make the trip to Farmville?

G5 Playoff Only

We DO NOT want this. This is Division 1AA all ove[…]