If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Jerry jokers and the students need to take notes from GCU aka Liberty of the west that's currently on ESPN. That's a real student section.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:Jerry jokers and the students need to take notes from the Liberty of the west in GCU. That's a real student section.
Pretty cool huh? They are getting a lot of love from the ESPN crew. I went to school with a guy who is a Dean out there. They have a lot of similarities to LU. But they are For Profit. Their campus is awesome. You can see the old trailer park but the new section is amazing
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
They applied to go back to non-profit status but were turned down this past year. But they have really developed into a quality DI school rather quickly.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:They applied to go back to non-profit status but were turned down this past year. But they have really developed into a quality DI school rather quickly.
Yep. They are specifically steering away from football. Smart move on their part. But in the Online Ed World they are LU's closest competitor. U of Phoenix is a different model. But GCU is pretty much identical
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
The facilities that they're currently building rivals Liberty's and a lot of P5 schools. Beautiful. Such a shame their investors wil probably never allow them to go non profit because If you read their mission statement, you would've thought it was LU's. Their online model is very good as well. Arizona state took it for their online program.

But yeah that student section was beautiful. It wasn't tough for them to go out one day of the week to support their basketball team.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:The facilities that they're currently building rivals Liberty's and a lot of P5 schools. Beautiful. Such a shame their investors wil probably never allow them to go non profit because If you read their mission statement, you would've thought it was LU's. Their online model is very good as well. Arizona state took it for their online program.

But yeah that student section was beautiful. It wasn't tough for them to go out one day of the week to support their basketball team.
And it's Phoenix. Lots of other options for things to do there. The ESPN guys were gushing about it all night. I guarantee Game Day will be there next year
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Liberty's new SID for MBB is Steven Gonzalez who came to Liberty from GCU.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Thinking about the student section. I just hope someone starts a club dedicated to building a student section. I mean like the clubs that show up at events recruiting current and new students. Have weekly meetings, get funding from the school, etc... The jokers are so unorganized and any sport other than football is hard for them. There is nothing. The basketball team is lucky to get a shout out in convo.

Hopefully someone steps up next year.
By cruzan_flame13
ballah09 wrote:Thinking about the student section. I just hope someone starts a club dedicated to building a student section. I mean like the clubs that show up at events recruiting current and new students. Have weekly meetings, get funding from the school, etc... The jokers are so unorganized and any sport other than football is hard for them. There is nothing. The basketball team is lucky to get a shout out in convo.

Hopefully someone steps up next year.

We can only hope. You'd think folks would get pumped and brainstorm since we're going FBS. Basketball is improving and baseball is decent. I mean I see some good things going on in LU athletics.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Jon or FFG could speak to it more but really that was what the LUnatics could have been ballah. If we had a bit more of a foundation built for after guys like Jon and BrySon G and JDUB and TTL graduated an moved into full time jobs and couldn't devote time to them anymore.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Let's be honest even when the lunatics were out in full force the support of basketball was always inconsistent while we were students.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]