If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Guys,

this is gonna be a great HC Friday night!

Fire Up the Furnace Set for Friday Night

October 10, 2006
Lynchburg, Va.
Liberty basketball fans will get their first opportunity to check out the 2006-07 men’s and women’s squads Friday night at the Vines Center. Fire Up the Furnace, an event celebrating the official start of basketball practice, will tip off at 11:30 p.m.

Both teams will be introduced before competing in several contests. Among the highlights of the event’s program are a three-point shootout and a slam dunk competition.

Coach Randy Dunton’s Flames are optimistic entering the season. Led by electrifying scorer Larry Blair, Liberty has just over a month remaining to prepare for its Nov. 16 opener at Oklahoma against the Sooners.

Carey Green and the Lady Flames will be seeking their 11th-straight Big South title this season. The entire roster returns from last season, including first-team all-conference honoree Allyson Fasnacht. Liberty gets its season underway Nov. 11 with a home matchup against Norfolk St
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
i will be there. SCAR u coming to the hockey game?
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
I'll be there
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Yes I will be at the Hockey game unless Toomer and those guys want to meet at my house then I will have to wait for them. Remember Smoothie I need you to work my digital Camera at the alumni game. JC, come down and holla at me at the game.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I expect an excessive amount of pics from all of the weekends events ... especially the alumni hoops game. I need to see my fellow old hags trying to getting up and down the court.

:lol:
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Sly, I will take as many pics as I can. The ones from Friday will be of me sitting on the bench. I am not gonna make a fool of myself that is for sure. I will defer to my younger, more talented teammates :lol: Sly, Charles Richardson just told me he is coming too btw. We keep getting more and more players committing. I may not have to even dress!
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
I will definitely be there. Can't wait :D :)
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
no prob SCAR. i expect VIP access to get the good pics!
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I might be there, I don't know. My parents will be in town and it depends on if I'm doing anything for my birthday or not.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Just tell them you know Medic. They will let you in. :lol: Of course you will have access. I can't wait to see the men's and women's teams come out too on Friday. I hope the student body comes out to see them.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
wait, is this "midnight" madness? Could my friend have picked a worse time to get married? I'm shunning him for being so inconsiderate.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
He should be shunned for having a wedding during football season anyways. I'm missing a friend's wedding who I was close to growing up because of the game.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I know. It's really inconsiderate for anybody to get married from September - March. But I'm in it and I made him be in mine so, I just have to miss midevening madness and a record breaking crowd at Williams Stadium and the rest of homecoming activities. I see no problem with this :|
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
If you've seen the show 'Friday Night Lights' on NBC this fall (and surprisngly few people have), you understand why I can't get over there because of my high school football duties. Its bigger than any wedding. :wink:
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:If you've seen the show 'Friday Night Lights' on NBC this fall (and surprisngly few people have), you understand why I can't get over there because of my high school football duties. Its bigger than any wedding. :wink:
You obviously were not at my Sister in Law's wedding last year :wink: She got married in the National Cathedral in DC! Mrs SCAR is not high maintenance like that thankfully.

TShirtMan. Do you know if Adam Hopkins is coming? I heard he lives in town but I have not contacted him.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
I will come down and speak to ya Scar. Don't hurt yourself out there! I will really enjoy seing the new faces as well.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
will the medical staff be available??? the old hags may need some help.....trying to relive those glory years. SCAR, please no dunk efforts! i do not want to see a ralph sampson reset!! :D
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
"Hey, you remember that time SCAR tried to dunk in the alumni game and ruptured his right pinky-toe?"

That would be a great headline for the FlameFans forum. You're lucky it's an alumni game, I don't want to have to embarass you. :)
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
I have 2 days to get in shape. I was thinking of a training sequence similar to Philadelphia's own Rocky Balboa. But not that cross training stuff he did in Rocky IV in Russia. No I am talking about the original when he ran from the Vet to the Art Museum steps! I don't think I could ride my bike that far but I could give it a shot! Seriously, you guys won't see me on the court much. I say get there early and watch warmups. I am gonna have some fun with it though. I will try to be like Riber and squeeze off 5 shots in 1 minute like he used to do at the end of games back in 04 :P
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
The word down in Charlotte is that scores of Liberty alumni are lining up to dunk on Scar. I'd love to watch, but alas, I will be freezing my tail off at the JF-Appomattox game.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
i should be there....i get out of work at around 10:15....so i should make it there shortly after 10:30
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Chris Lang wrote:The word down in Charlotte is that scores of Liberty alumni are lining up to dunk on Scar. I'd love to watch, but alas, I will be freezing my tail off at the JF-Appomattox game.
I think you have to play defense to get dunked on. So I can safely say I won't get dunked on this weekend. :)
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
i hope this turnout is better than the fire drill. the it was pretty short too, i thought it should have been longer
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
the turnout will be bigger, its late on a friday night at liberty...what else is there to do really?? wednesday is a terrible day for anything.....wednesday seems to always be my busiest day with work, radio station and classes, i am sure I am not alone....bad planning on their part
2024 Season Thread

Nice breakdown. Sounds like a promising class

2025 Recruiting Discussion

https://www.aseaofred.com/2025-cb-uriah-points-com[…]

This year's men’s basketball?

Ben Southerland is going to Wright State. A bit of[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

I'll just leave this here: https://www.gazettenet[…]