If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
This should be a good game I believe...I think we will pull it off, but remember Barton, NC is ranked 2nd in II.

They return 5 starters from a 28-4 team......This should be a win, but don't anyone be suprised if it is close.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
4 starters, my bad
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
glenville was a pretty good dII last year and we won that one big, so i think we have this one
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Every now & then a quality DII will jump up and bite a DI early on. With this being an exhibition and us waiting on Brew's eligibility, I wouldn't rule out a shocker. But it wouldn't be the end of the world. These exhibitions are more about getting our guys some PT before the real season starts in Norman.

But I admit we do need to put a bit of a beatdown on our friends from Cedarville to remind them who they are. :P
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
I am kinda worried about Barton. This will be an early test for our team. I will give the edge to LU, but have we ever played this high of rated DII team??? Inform me of the best we have ever played if anyone can come up with it
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
We played Bellmont the first year they were D1. I know they were NAIA D1, but not sure if they made the DII jump prior to going NCAA I. And they beat us. WATCH THE BACK DOOR CUT.
They used to play this POWERHOUSE NAIA school outside of Asheville, NC. They were loaded every year and had an incredible staff (at least a staff that knew Belmont would back door you to death). I know LU had to quit playing them because it was always too close a game for them IN fact, from a source Ihave the school STILL owes them guarantee money from their last game at the Vines.......(Que Wayne and Garth dream sequence)
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
team from Asheville could have been Mt. Olive (maybe) I know they were NAIA and from NC
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
jmdickens wrote:team from Asheville could have been Mt. Olive (maybe) I know they were NAIA and from NC
Mt. Olive is east of Raleigh and DII.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
cool. I was not sure
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I have a buddy that plays baseball at Mt. Olive, that's why I know.
5 plus 7 model

Process of elimination... Why is ND left with 2 g[…]

Prayers please

Oh say no more. I'll be praying even harder now :[…]

Family Travel Obsession

We'll do cruises when our legs and backs don't[…]

The COVID-19 Megathread

Fauci Hearing 10 am today. https://oversight.hous[…]