If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
let's get some predictions on how the big guys will vote for this preseason.

i think they will vote like this:

1.WU
2.CCU
3.HPU
4.CSU
5.LU
6.UNCA
7.RU
8.VMI

with the player of the year: Martin

you guys already know that i have my man L-BEEZY as POY. look out for Brew also.(should be fun)

i also think that LU will finish at the top too. i think we will surprise alot of these guys. and i think VMI will finish better than last place for the first time.

i think the all conference team will look like this:
Blair, LU (of course)
Torrell Martin, WU
Dwight Brewington, LU
AZ Reid, HPU
Craig Bradshaw, WU
look to see the guy from radford, and mr. williams from VMI and sneek in there also

i think the SID's list will look like this:
Blair, LU
Torrell Martin, WU
Jack Leasure, CCU
AZ Reid, HPU
Craig Bradshaw, WU
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Are you talking preseason all-conference in your list that has Brew? If so, there's no chance in the bad place he's preseason all-conference. Someone knew to the conference will never be voted preseason all-conference (look at Rashad). Post-season, sure, but they won't say someone is preseason all-conference before they've even played a game in conference.
By WinthropEagleFan
Registration Days Posts
I made my predictions on the Winthropfans.com site...here is what I think the results will be from Media Day (FYI - I don't necessarily have these as my personal predictions):

1. Winthrop
2. High Point
3. Coastal Carolina
4. Liberty
5. UNC Asheville
6. Charleston Southern
7. VMI
8. Radford

POY - Larry Blair, LU

All-Conf Team:
Blair
Torrell Martin, WU
Jack Leasure, CCU
AZ Reid, HPU
Craig Bradshaw, WU
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Come on, WEF. You don't seriously think Blair has any chance of getting named POY, do you? I don't see it. This league NEVER gives any LU basketball players ANY respect. Ever. With legitimate candidates in Martin & Leasure I don't see Larry getting the love he deserves.
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Come on, WEF. You don't seriously think Blair has any chance of getting named POY, do you? I don't see it. This league NEVER gives any LU basketball players ANY respect. Ever. With legitimate candidates in Martin & Leasure I don't see Larry getting the love he deserves.
i agree sly... that goes way back
By Realist
Registration Days Posts
Here's how I think they will pick:

1. WU
2. CCU
3. HP
4 UNCA
5. LU
6. CSU
7. Radford
8. Vmi

POY: Martin (they won't give it to Blair simply b/c of the finish last year)

All conference:
Blair, lu
martin, wu
AZ Reid, HP
Bradshaw, wu
Leasure, ccu

My picks:

1. WU
2. HP
3. CCU
4. UNCA
5. LU
6. CSU
7. VMI
8. Radford

POY: Blair (He'll still get his points and LU's record won't be as bad

All conference:
Blair
Martin
AZ Reid
Leasure
Bradshaw
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
it would be so exciting for blair and brew to just take this conference by storm, and surprise everyone. im loving all of the attention that WU is getting because if we beat them it will be huge. and i think we can def beat them in the vines.
By Realist
Registration Days Posts
WU's getting the attention b/c they've won it 6 out of the last 8 years. You're not going to find anyone picking otherwise. I think LU will be better, but we'll see how much better, it's hard to get worse.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
That post lives up to your name.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LU'sbestmanager wrote:it would be so exciting for blair and brew to just take this conference by storm, and surprise everyone. im loving all of the attention that WU is getting because if we beat them it will be huge. and i think we can def beat them in the vines.
Of course if we beat Florida that would take the country by storm too!! If you can't tell, I am not that big a fan of Preason anything. (Except media day. Seeing all those egos in the same place, people who can't stand each other in the same room and having to play nice. Except when the WIMP out and do it via Teleconference!)
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
How much hair gel between Buzz and Marshall? Also, what will Marshall's blood pressure be? Will Buzz consider leaving halfway through and then decide not to? Will Marshall find a better press conference at another hotel, go over there, have cold feet, and come back to the BSC one?

These are the questions we need to be asking. Forget POY or all-conference.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Buzz and Marshall will pass each other at another conferences Media day. Marshall will be leaving after changing his mind and Buzz will be coming in to interview.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
What conference though?
By Realist
Registration Days Posts
Will Leasure get cold feet in a pressure packed situation talking to the press? Will Whit Holcomb Faye be there smoking a J?

Looks like Coastal is taking it to Furman early, SJ you have to be happy, my old man is not, he's at the game (prof at Furman). Great sports day, I'm typing with 30 people at my house and 6 tv's running with every possible game on tv right now. Hope you guys are well.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
We don't get Comcast SE up here so I'm not watching the game. The score isn't surprising at all. Weird things can happen down there in Conway.

The Holcomb-Faye one was hilarious.
By Realist
Registration Days Posts
Is it on in Charlotte? I'm a Furman fan since I attended games there since I was 6. Might be hard to get it on here though with all these other games running. I'm surprised that CCU is hanging with them but that would be a huge boost to that program. Furman is respected more than anyone in the Socon, except maybe App with the national title last year.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
It's on Comcast Southeast.
By Realist
Registration Days Posts
Would Direct TV and gameplan get it?
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
If you get Comcast, yes.
By hurricane fan
Registration Days Posts
Realist is right on preseason and POY. The renovations to the basketball locker rooms include a BSC standings board. He had the teams set exactly like Realist and said it would come out this week. Also said Martin is preseason POY
By WinthropEagleFan
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Come on, WEF. You don't seriously think Blair has any chance of getting named POY, do you? I don't see it. This league NEVER gives any LU basketball players ANY respect. Ever. With legitimate candidates in Martin & Leasure I don't see Larry getting the love he deserves.
The only reason I make that prediction is that everyone knows that Blair will have great numbers this year. Martin's will likely be good, but Bradshaw could end up being the one to carry WU, so who knows. Also, I think voters won't go w/ Leasure after they gave him the POY award last year and he then lays an egg on nat'l tv. And on the same token, they'll feel a little burned by giving Martin the preseason honor last year and him not quite living up to the expectations (at least early on).

You may be right, and I think it is between Blair and Martin and both deserve it...
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
WinthropEagleFan wrote:...everyone knows that Blair will have great numbers this year.
i think with the edition of brew, LB's #'s might take a small dip but for the better. and i think one of those two will be the POY. take your pick :D
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
purple haize wrote:Of course if we beat Florida that would take the country by storm too!!
i don't see that happening.
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
I was in Wal-Mart last night reading some college basketball magazines (liddy's, athlon, and others). Most of them had Liberty coming in fourth and some of them had Larry Blair (or L-Breeze as I like to say) as player of the year. I think the others had Bradshaw as player of the year.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Hurricane Fan, you are a true insider with inside info. I have been away from the board a few days but it seems you guys are very close to the actual outcome of the voting. I have know for a couple of weeks but have been told to not reveal it. I think everything gets announced on Tuesday night or Wed morning. Manger I don't think Brew will necessarily just show up and get POY. This league is competitive and there will be nights where Brew lights it up but there will be nights when it is LB or Smitty. I think the balance of this team may actually make it tough to get a POY. Coach D is excited about his team this year that is for sure. Can't wait to see how the Conference plays out.
2025 Recruiting Discussion

https://www.aseaofred.com/2025-cb-uriah-points-com[…]

This year's men’s basketball?

Ben Southerland is going to Wright State. A bit of[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

I'll just leave this here: https://www.gazettenet[…]

2024 Season Thread

Thanks for the work you put into these. It is appr[…]