If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
http://libertyflames.com/index.cfm?PID= ... 7&TeamID=6

so who of these guys makes an immediate impact, and who RS's?

Tyler

BJ

Armon

Lamont

Kyle Ohman

Andrew York
(nice pic :wink: )
Last edited by PAmedic on October 5th, 2006, 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Well I can tell you that BJ is gonna play early because Brew is out until second sememester. He, Franklin and even Holland are all kind of combo guards (1 and 2) but BJ is probably the closest to a true Point Guard. Brew will be their main point guard once he gets in and then there won't be many minutes available for anyone at the 1 or 2 with the Killer B's out there (and I don't mean BJ :wink: ). Winters is injured and will probably miss most of the 1st semester as well. Jones has a way to go with conditioning but has made great progress already. Baker has been battling injuries since he arrived last year but he can't redshirt again unless he gets a waiver because he used it last year. Kyle and Andrew are expected to help out in practice situations I would say. Hubbard won't have to play any point guard this year so that will allow him to play more to his strengths. Holland is as healthy as he has been so I am looking forward to seeing what he can do given an opportunity. Big Russ will play but he won't be a major factor with Alex McLean getting big minutes at the 5 along with Jones and Winters I would say.
By Killn'emsoftly
Registration Days Posts
Scar so what your saying Kyle Ohman will not be on the scouting report. :wink:
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Forgive my ignorance, but I thought Tyler was looking good for the start of the season. Is that no longer the case?
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
Tyler got hurt but should be back to 100% next week.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
Don't forget about Moe Barry and Chris Doss. two more 1 to2 guys who wont get time. What a waste because Moe has some offensive talent that Evan Risher lacked last year.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
I like Mo a lot. Not sure how he fits in but he will get a chance to compete for a position. You need guys like that to push your core group in practice too. I have not seen Chris Doss play....I hear ya Killen em :wink:
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
Chris Doss plays in intramurals for a decent team, but I don't see him getting too many looks over Moe or BJ
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Yes I know who Chris is now. He is not bad at all.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
he is lefty who has a decent stroke
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
i think out of all of those guys, if anyone plays it's kyle. he has some serious game! def. not your average walk on
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
I think Tyler could become a good player because of his shooting the midrange. We just need to play the pick and roll, and use a good 1-4 offense for that to work.
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
yea tyler is going to be good with that stuff.. in my last post i was talking about walk ons
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
is Chris, Kyle, Moe walk-ons or are they scholarship?
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
This has nothing to do with walk-ons, but it does apply to this semester -- I'm not sure if anyone has asked this already and I missed it, but does Brew get to play in exhibition games?
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
this doesn't answer your question, but that's doubtful.
By TylerBakersGonnaBGreat
Registration Days Posts
LU'sbestmanager wrote:yea tyler is going to be good with that stuff.. in my last post i was talking about walk ons
Tyler Will Be Great... By the Season He will be healthy and playing well... But Mr. Manager, You really think Kyle Will play over Mo?! Mo Can hoop! I might just love his game, but i cant see Kyle Getting more min, Not that it matters we are dealing with a Program where Walk-on players get like 7 min, A SEASON...
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
yup, i have kyle getting more playing time than any of them. don't take my word for it... hhmmm, he seems to be the only walk on with a pic and a bio.
Prayers please

Oh say no more. I'll be praying even harder now […]

5 plus 7 model

I wouldn't build this up and get your hopes up tha[…]

Family Travel Obsession

We'll do cruises when our legs and backs don't[…]

The COVID-19 Megathread

Fauci Hearing 10 am today. https://oversight.hous[…]