If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Flames Nation wrote:Liberty gets commitment from Bonds

Posted: Friday, October 4, 2013.
BY JON MANSON

The Flames got a commitment from its first guard of the 2014 basketball recruiting class from Braxton Bonds. Bonds is a 6’1″ 170 pound point guard from Nashville, Tennessee and Christ Presbyterian Academy. He had offers from Boston University, Middle Tennessee State, Radford, LSU, and Miami (OH). Bonds is rated as 3 star prospect on Scout. Braxton is former MLB slugger Barry Bonds’ nephew.

Bonds spoke with Jamie Shaw from PhenomHoopReport following his commitment and said, “God gave me peace about what school is right for me. I fit in there pretty well, they run the same type of offense that we run at CPA, which is solid in transition.” He went further in talking positively on his relationship with the coaches and the campus.
Click Here for Full Story
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Braxton´s senior year could be interesting. He has won state championships while surrounded by a lot of high level talent. His 2 stud big men have transferred out. I believe he has just 1 other D1 prospect on the team this season unless they have some new players transferring in (which happens all the time with private schools). Will he be able to elevate the play of less talented teammates, or will he be forced to go against his natural inclination and take on a bigger scoring role?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Nashville (TN) Tennessean wrote:CPA point guard commits to Liberty

Oct. 6, 2013 |By Chip Cirillo

Christ Presbyterian Academy point guard Braxton Bonds, who helped lead the Lions to their second straight Class AA basketball title last season, has committed to Liberty.

The 6-foot-1 senior also had offers from LSU, Middle Tennessee State, Radford, Boston University and Miami (Ohio).

“I felt they had a great coaching staff — really likeable guys,” Bondssaid. “And I felt like they just wanted me the most of any other school that I had went to. They were the first people in the gym and the first people at my house when recruiting started. That was just real important for me because it showed they wanted me.”
Click Here for Full Story
By pop
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote:Sweet. Now we have a direct line to some PEDs. Sweet...
I know that was a "cute" post but I promise you no one will ever better represent your school than this young man will. You will like him a lot!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
pop wrote:
prototype wrote:Sweet. Now we have a direct line to some PEDs. Sweet...
I know that was a "cute" post but I promise you no one will ever better represent your school than this young man will. You will like him a lot!
It was cute Unlike the poster, you'd know if you'd ever seen him!

I love me a good PG so I for one am excited!
By pop
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:Braxton´s senior year could be interesting. He has won state championships while surrounded by a lot of high level talent. His 2 stud big men have transferred out. I believe he has just 1 other D1 prospect on the team this season unless they have some new players transferring in (which happens all the time with private schools). Will he be able to elevate the play of less talented teammates, or will he be forced to go against his natural inclination and take on a bigger scoring role?
Actually only one has transferred. The other is a sophomore that just got his 11th offer and happens to be Ralph Sampson's nephew.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote:
pop wrote:If interested....Bonds had 18 points and 12 assists in game 1 last night.
Thanks Pop! We're interested, but we're more interested in the Signed LOI.
Be patient grasshopper
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
pop wrote:If interested....Bonds had 18 points and 12 assists in game 1 last night.
What, no triple double?

Just kidding pop. Sounds like Braxton´s senior year is off to a great start (assuming they won). Please continue to keep us informed.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:
SumItUp wrote:
Thanks Pop! We're interested, but we're more interested in the Signed LOI.
Be patient grasshopper
manson's right. this is just the early period...if he doesnt sign this week, we have another round in I believe April
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I waited til the signing was announced to say anything about this BJ, but if an early commit like Braxton does not sign in November, chances are you have lost him.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:I waited til the signing was announced to say anything about this BJ, but if an early commit like Braxton does not sign in November, chances are you have lost him.
You are wise in your 'old' age :lol:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote:This has been a good week. Great to have Braxton on board.

BJ - You are being blocked again. Your posts wear me out.
:shock: it wasn't even a personal attack! But :clapping
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote:This has been a good week. Great to have Braxton on board.

BJ - You are being blocked again. Your posts wear me out.
Wait, I thought me and PH were the real problems on this site...hmmm, interesting.

In all seriousness I am really happy with this and the other signees. It is going to be a tough here next year, especially at the point position, but it seems like we have some solid talent coming in. Of course you never know how it is all going to pan out, but its nice to see nonetheless.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Really like all 4 of the signees. I really think all 4 of these guys can be impact players and they look to be good solid kids too.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]