If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Also possible...either way if he is entertaining offers from outside of Tennesse then my guess is something changed in his mind or life to facilitate that
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Also possible...either way if he is entertaining offers from outside of Tennesse then my guess is something changed in his mind or life to facilitate that
Or he's not as good as he thinks he is?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:Also possible...either way if he is entertaining offers from outside of Tennesse then my guess is something changed in his mind or life to facilitate that
He is a really tough defender. JUCO leader in steals this year, and the year he practiced at UTK most of the talk was about what a pest he was on D. Not quite as good at the other end. i certainly think he was hoping for better offers than those at this point.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
He is a really tough defender. JUCO leader in steals this year, and the year he practiced at UTK most of the talk was about what a pest he was on D. Not quite as good at the other end. i certainly think he was hoping for better offers than those at this point.
So he's not as good as he thinks he is
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:A sorrowful tale of bad advice.
I believe you are spot on with that He supposedly had an offer from ODU, but it may have "gone away" when things got to crunch time This looks like it was a very recent offer
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
And HBU is in a conference that isn't even eligible for an autobid if Im not mistaken
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
If Ritchie thought Bonds had the talent to play at LU, would he have signed him for one year?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:If Ritchie thought Bonds had the talent to play at LU, would he have signed him for one year?
Why risk it?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:If Ritchie thought Bonds had the talent to play at LU, would he have signed him for one year?
The problem is even if Ritchie really liked him, he has 3 years of eligibility We had a schollie for this year, which went to Chen, who is a one and done grad transfer We are already over the limit for 2017 and need to make room as it is, and they still REALLY want to land Jarrod West
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:And HBU is in a conference that isn't even eligible for an autobid if Im not mistaken
HBU is in the Southland. Stephen F. Austin is in that league and has won two tournament games in recent years. I can't believe Sly hasn't jumped on this already.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
GOtcha...for some reason I thought they were still in the Great West for basketball...guess I whiffed on that one by about three years
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I was on vacation followed mediately by a missions trip. But I was ready to reply as I scrolled down the thread until Chris beat me to it.

I know the coach at HBU and Braxton will be well taken care of here in Houston.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Posting this here because I'm too lazy to start a thread in Non LU sports. Braxton Key, who was Bond's highly recruited HS teammate, is transferring from Alabama to UVA. Along with having a relationship with Bennett from his HS recruiting, UVA is the alma mater of his uncle Ralph.

Bonds will be a Senior on a really bad Houston Baptist team next year.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]