If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
SCAR wrote:
Rooster Cogburn wrote:Come on Scar, Peter Aluma - http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... ape01.html
I must have blinked when Aluma was in the game for 2 minutes. I knew he was in camp at Sacramento and was on the roster in preseason but I honestly didn't know he got in a regular season game...And I was his coach :oops:
C'mon man, 5 minutes in two games. How could you miss that?
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote:
SCAR wrote:
Rooster Cogburn wrote:Come on Scar, Peter Aluma - http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... ape01.html
I must have blinked when Aluma was in the game for 2 minutes. I knew he was in camp at Sacramento and was on the roster in preseason but I honestly didn't know he got in a regular season game...And I was his coach :oops:
C'mon man, 5 minutes in two games. How could you miss that?
Yeah they say when a person stays in the Big Leagues for a small amount of time that they had a "cup of coffee". Aluma got the mug up to his mouth and had the mug grabbed back. :) Better than most of us though.
By libertyfan4life
Registration Days Posts
Seth Curry I guess is currently on a 10-Day Contract with Cleveland.

His dad, Dell Curry as many of you know also played for the Cav's back in the day.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:Daddy is still opening doors...
You are way overrating how much stroke a guy who played ONE SEASON for Cleveland 20 some years ago and is now totally associated with another team has with their current management. The tiny foot in the door Seth got with this 10 day contract is probably about 10% dad and 90% what he did in the DL. If it goes any further it will be because he earned it. Way too many dollars at stake in the NBA to waste a roster spot as a favor to a former player who now works for a competitor.
By libertyfan4life
Registration Days Posts
The Cleveland Caveliers did not renew or extend their contract to Seth Curry at the end of this month, and 10 day contract.

Seth scored a 3 pointer, and had two steals in 9 minutes in his only game played of three in a Cav's uniform.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:For the record, Seth is back in the Association now with the Suns.
He had an excellent season in the D league, averaging something like 23 points and 5 assists. That would normally get a player a look sooner. Somehow I feel the league has decided since he is NOT the player his brother is, he doesn't belong. Hopefully he will actually get some minutes with the Suns so he can find out if he can actually play in the NBA or not.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:For the record, Seth is back in the Association now with the Suns.
He had an excellent season in the D league, averaging something like 23 points and 5 assists. That would normally get a player a look sooner. Somehow I feel the league has decided since he is NOT the player his brother is, he doesn't belong. Hopefully he will actually get some minutes with the Suns so he can find out if he can actually play in the NBA or not.
23 points is nice, but in the super high pace of the D League, it would only be about 16-18 points a game in NBA league pace. Erie is third lowest scoring team at slightly over 100 a game, 12 of the 18 score over 105 a game. His %s are pretty nice though.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
lynchburgwildcats wrote:
olldflame wrote:
23 points is nice, but in the super high pace of the D League, it would only be about 16-18 points a game in NBA league pace. Erie is third lowest scoring team at slightly over 100 a game, 12 of the 18 score over 105 a game. His %s are pretty nice though.
Wildcat I agree with you about pace of the games in the D League but the other thing to consider is where he is getting his shots and can he get those shots in the association. I don't know the answer to that. I'm just saying it is also a factor. I hope he sticks. I am one of the few on this board I would imagine that wished Seth nothing but the best when he left LU.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
He's been training hard with Johnny Stephene's HandleLife program this summer. Johnny has turned himself into a ballhandling guru and built a nice business. He was working with the Mavs summer league team the past few weeks.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:He's been training hard with Johnny Stephene's HandleLife program this summer. Johnny has turned himself into a ballhandling guru and built a nice business. He was working with the Mavs summer league team the past few weeks.
This is what a lot of people don't realize. It's why Steph is such an incredible shooter and has a quick release. The hidden secret to taking your shot to the 'next level'
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Congrats to Seth on signing a 2 year contract with the Kings. I´m happy for him. It didn´t come easy, and IMHO the comparisons that have been made with his brother made it harder.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Chris Lang retweeted a story from SI on Seth. Really awesome story about Seth's journey to the NBA. The reason they give for him leaving LU was something I never really considered. He was seeing lots of junk defenses.

Congrats to Seth, and I will def be pulling for you in Sacramento.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I really admire how hard he has worked to get where he is. Nothing was handed to him in the nba.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote:Chris Lang retweeted a story from SI on Seth. Really awesome story about Seth's journey to the NBA. The reason they give for him leaving LU was something I never really considered. He was seeing lots of junk defenses.

Congrats to Seth, and I will def be pulling for you in Sacramento.
Dell was talking about that with me in January of that year. Both dad and son were frustrated with the amount of defensive attention he was receiving. Also Dell asked me on several occasions what I thought about the level of competition in the Big South. It was writing on the wall as far as I am concerned looking back.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
We got a year of some of the most exciting basketball we've had in a very long time and Seth got a stage to show his skills. It was a win/win in my book. I hope he continues to gain the success he's worked so hard for over the years.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

At 6'9" I wouldn't be surprised if he were th[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]