If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By kingaling42
Registration Days Posts
SCAR wrote:
R i wrote:Chris Lang retweeted a story from SI on Seth. Really awesome story about Seth's journey to the NBA. The reason they give for him leaving LU was something I never really considered. He was seeing lots of junk defenses.

Congrats to Seth, and I will def be pulling for you in Sacramento.
Dell was talking about that with me in January of that year. Both dad and son were frustrated with the amount of defensive attention he was receiving. Also Dell asked me on several occasions what I thought about the level of competition in the Big South. It was writing on the wall as far as I am concerned looking back.
Steph faced a ton of junk defenses at Davidson as well.. one could argue it actually made him a better player. Just an observation.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
And there we go. The everpresent comparison to his brother. News flash kingaling. Stephen Curry is one of the best players on the planet, and Seth is not. You can´t expect them to respond the same way to the same situations. I really believe that Seth´s NBA career was delayed by 2 years simply because teams dismissed him because he WASN´T the second coming of Steph instead of looking at what he WAS.
By kingaling42
Registration Days Posts
Oldflame- this forum/board incessantly compares coaches to other coaches, recruits to recruits/current players, current players to former players, uniforms to former uniforms, court designs to others, one program to other programs.. is this really a 'newsflash' to compare yet another player to another (who happens to be his brother)? I'm sorry you were seemingly irritated by my $0.02..

This thread is about a player who played 1 whole year and the conversation has never really quieted about him for years now- but here I go...
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
kingaling42 wrote:Oldflame- this forum/board incessantly compares coaches to other coaches, recruits to recruits/current players, current players to former players, uniforms to former uniforms, court designs to others, one program to other programs.. is this really a 'newsflash' to compare yet another player to another (who happens to be his brother)? I'm sorry you were seemingly irritated by my $0.02..

This thread is about a player who played 1 whole year and the conversation has never really quieted about him for years now- but here I go...
Agreed
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Look at who´s talking. At least the other people who have kept the conversation alive are regular contributors to this board kingaling. You on the other hand make a habit of appearing out of nowhere everytime his name comes up to say something negative. As it stands now, if he sees any significant playing time for the Kings this year, he will have had the best NBA career of any player to wear a Liberty uniform. I happen to think that is worthy of discussion.

Yes we do make comparisons here. If you want to compare Seth to his brother, feel free to do so, but your opinions are subject to debate like anything else. I made a comparison myself, which I feel pretty sure you would agree with. They are not on the same level. The difference is I am not going to say (or insinuate) that because Stephen handled something in a certain way Seth should have done the same. Do I wish he had? You bet I do. I would have loved seeing him in a Liberty uni for 3 more years.
By kingaling42
Registration Days Posts
Oldflame- you must be thinking of someone else because this is now the 5th post that I've made in this thread (less than 1% of all my posts) and I didn't think I said anything all that negative earlier- just that perhaps he would've benefitted from sticking it out- a sentiment that a vast majority of posters here, including yourself, I believe would agree upon..

Despite the fact that I played ball at UNCA and completed my undergrad there- I also earned a degree from Liberty so I believe I've earned the right to contribute anything I want about Liberty as well even if it may not be as regular as you desire my presence.

Perhaps you could bring your overreactions down just a little and take it easy my friend- for the record, I never realized that there was a minimum number of posts per month or attendance policy in place.. But I now see that at least one person is keeping attendance and I'll try not to offend your delicate nature by not commenting further on your apparent super fandom of Seth Curry. My bad.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
HA

TROLL

talk about throwing a grenade in a room then watching to see what happens

funny tho
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
He's been in about half dozen advertisements/commercials lately. Glad he's enjoying a moment in the sun.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
The kid signed a 2 year/$2 million contract. I think he'll be alright.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
It was part of the Kings' national cat day gallery. He's not the only one with a cat in the photos. Just thought it was funny.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
its that "he likes kittens" thing the chicks dig

good move
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:He's been in about half dozen advertisements/commercials lately. Glad he's enjoying a moment in the sun.
Still salty?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Game On with a feature on Seth's recent visit to the mountain and an interview with Matt Warner

http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm ... 37&TeamID=

Either Seth is a total 2 face, or a lot of things people have said about his departure are total BS He refers to Ritchie as "one of my favorite people in the world" and seems sincerely grateful for the opportunity to come to Liberty and be a featured player when nobody else was willing to offer him a scholarship
By Jonathan Carone
I think it's totally possible for him to like Ritchie as a person and for him/Dell to acknowledge he wouldn't reach his full potential playing at Liberty. They saw the crap defenses his freshman year and the defenses Steph got at Davidson and knew that wouldn't be what was best.

Also: I would not be surprised if the offer from Duke was already on the table when the decision to transfer was made.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Interesting last statement in the video:
"He [Seth] will always be considered a Liberty Flame."
Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by So[…]