If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:Eron has announced he is transferring from Seton Hall. No, I don't think he has any interest in coming to Liberty. My best guess would be Butler.
That’s not how we do things here. There needs to be at least a half dozen posts laying out the case why this is the perfect place for him. THEN someone like SLY or BYD or SOR comes in to say why it’s crazy talk. C’mon man, you know better than this. :D
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Well, his dad and brother both played here so why wouldn't he want o come here? We've got to be at the top of his list - how could he not want to come?
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
He has connections here at Liberty so I don’t think it’s crazy talk and he didn’t set the world on fire at Seton Hall. Butler is a top 40 basketball program they might go in another direction regarding Eron.

I think we have a great shot landing Eron
Last edited by ballah09 on May 1st, 2018, 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Funny guys.

He's from Indianapolis. His brother Eric played his one year before going to the NBA for the Hoosiers and Evan played his Senior year there after stops at LU and AZ State. I suspect he will go to Butler for 2 reasons; home town and Jeff Meyer. Hoping this will bring SCAR out of the woodwork, but I suspect he doesn't even lurk here much any more.

Just occurred to me that with Butler being in the Big East now, there's a good chance Seton Hall will block him from going there. If that's the case, I would think he will follow in the family tradition and go to Bloomington.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Butler just picked up a commitment from Maryland and Eron averaged 8 mpg hardly got off the bench. If he goes to Butler or Indiana, it’s on his own dime.

Again JMO
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Man read back through this thread. People saying he was one and done and too good for the big south. Really need to do homework here if their is interest. Chemistry is in a pretty good spot and both older brothers have had tons of different questions. Id tread carefully.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:Funny guys.

He's from Indianapolis. His brother Eric played his one year before going to the NBA for the Hoosiers and Evan played his Senior year there after stops at LU and AZ State. I suspect he will go to Butler for 2 reasons; home town and Jeff Meyer. Hoping this will bring SCAR out of the woodwork, but I suspect he doesn't even lurk here much any more.

Just occurred to me that with Butler being in the Big East now, there's a good chance Seton Hall will block him from going there. If that's the case, I would think he will follow in the family tradition and go to Bloomington.
You just made a bunch of great arguments for him to come to LU. Much better
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I didn't realize Eron was buried so deep on the bench at Seton Hall. They had a really good year (22-12 with a first round win over NC State in the NCAA, followed by a tough loss to Kansas) but you would think a kid who was a 4 star out of HS would get more than 8 minutes a game. He definately has elite athleticism. I guess his skill set has not developed to match it.

In light of this, I will upgrade the chances of his coming to LU from the snowball in hades category to pretty slim. Not sure we would even be interested in a sit 1 play 2 transfer at this point unless Ritchie thinks he can be an absolute game changer. There are several mid-major programs in Indiana that would be good options. Fort Wayne and IUPUI to name a couple.
Last edited by olldflame on May 1st, 2018, 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:I didn't realize Eron was buried so deep on the bench at Seton Hall. They had a really good year (22-12 with a first round win over NC State in the NCAA, followed by a tough loss to Kansas) but you would think a kid who was a 4 star out of HS would get more than 8 minutes a game. He definately has elite athleticism. I guess his skill set has not developed to match it.

In light of this, I will upgrade the chances of his coming to LU from the snowball in hades category to pretty slim. Not sure we would even be interested in a sit 1 play 2 transfer at this point unless Ritchie thinks he can be an absolute game changer.
BELIEVE!!!
:koolaid :koolaid :koolaid :koolaid :queen l
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
There is a family history at Liberty, but it is not all positive, and I suspect the family ties in the state of Indiana will trump that. Assuming Butler, IU, ND and Purdue are not interested, there are 6 mid-major programs in the state who likely would be, with IUPUI right in his home town.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Actually, Eron's college resume is not unlike John Dawson's prior to transferring to Liberty.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:There is a family history at Liberty, but it is not all positive, and I suspect the family ties in the state of Indiana will trump that. Assuming Butler, IU, ND and Purdue are not interested, there are 6 mid-major programs in the state who likely would be, with IUPUI right in his home town.
olldflame wrote:Actually, Eron's college resume is not unlike John Dawson's prior to transferring to Liberty.
Ok. Now you are just over doing it!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
olldflame wrote:There is a family history at Liberty, but it is not all positive, and I suspect the family ties in the state of Indiana will trump that. Assuming Butler, IU, ND and Purdue are not interested, there are 6 mid-major programs in the state who likely would be, with IUPUI right in his home town.
olldflame wrote:Actually, Eron's college resume is not unlike John Dawson's prior to transferring to Liberty.
Both highly rated out of HS (Gordon 4 stars, Dawson 3). Both were gathering splinters for Big East teams before transferring.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
Both highly rated out of HS (Gordon 4 stars, Dawson 3). Both were gathering splinters for Big East teams before transferring.
I’m so proud of you
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Not sure how to take that Purple. :dontgetit

I still think there is a good chance Eron ends up somewhere like IU or Butler, and NOT on his own dime. It happens quite a bit where a HS stud basically bombs at the school he picks and another high major program who offered him out of HS looks past that less than impressive performance and takes him as a transfer. They trust the evaluation they made of him earlier and figure he either didn't get a fair shake or wasn't a good fit for the system.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I like how you are thinking! :clapping

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm th[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]