If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I heard a rumor today that we've got a new Power Forward/Center. This player is a transfer who is in the 6'7/6'8 range and around 275 pounds or so. He probably won't be eligible until the same time Brew is, but he could definitely help us out.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We've got all the people on here who could confirm this. So somebody spill the beans.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
I have not spoken to anyone on the inside today but I can tell you that if the guy transferred in he won't be eligible when Brew is eligible. Brew will be eligible at the end of the semester. If the guy transferred in this semester he is either eligle right away (Juco transfer) or will have to sit out 2 sememsters. Unless he is academically ineligible in which case a semester might do it.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I heard his name was something like Vince Redd...
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
There actually is one other scenario you haven't mentioned. Think about it.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
He is a freshman that left his 1st school within the first few weeks?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Keep guessing.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
I have racked my brain and I came up empty (Probably because I just want you to TELL ME SLY)
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
He hasn't played basketball in college for a year or two I think. He's not leaving another D1 program to come here.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
He played a different Sport Sly?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
You're going to have to work for it. Think. You can figure this out. You're starting to put things together.
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
Perhaps the latest transfer from UVA is not eligible for FOOTBALL, but is for basketball.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I thought he was the dude from VT. I'd rather have him playing football.
By Killn'emsoftly
Registration Days Posts
I am wondering how he could be elegible for basketball but not football... he is transferring from a D-1 to a D-1 for basketball purposes, he is transferring from a D-1 to D-1-AA for football purposes... I know he was in academic trouble at UVA... Great kid I know his high School coach well, could've went to UTC to play both out of high school and probably should have went to Tennessee or South Carolina for football. UVA academics are to tough.... Will Rocco let him play hoops??
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Alright...enough of the guessing game. Someone speak up.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:I heard his name was something like Vince Redd...
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I was joking around and not coming out with it, while still coming out with it at the same time. I have heard Redd will be playing basketball. He's academically ineligbile this semester but if he gets his grades up, he'll be eligible after the semester. He didn't play basketball at UVA last year (played the year before) so he's not transferring from a basketball team to a basketball team. I don't think he'd have to sit out for that reason.
By WWJFD
Registration Days Posts
Vince Redd did play a season at UVA. It is unlikely he would suit up for hoops nonetheless. He would definitely provide an inside presence as he did in his spot appearances at UVA when they were thin up front. It would be kindof like that dude from Temple Elijah something that Chaney would send out to pick up his 5 fouls in 5 minutes. Except in a case like this Redd would be a little better and not that type of presence. Don't get all excited on this opportunity.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
redd was pretty good in hoops according to a firend of mine in eastern tennessee. i can't see how he would be eligible in hoops and not football. here is his bio form the UVA media guide. if im not mistaken he was on the UVA hoops roster for a bit under pete gillen.

HIGH SCHOOL: PrepStar All-American for head coach Tommy Jenkins at Elizabethton High School ... listed as the #12 defensive end nationally by Tom Lemming ... #13 strongside defensive end by Rivals.com ... Rivals.com 4-Star player ... Border Wars Top 101 #10 defensive end ... nation's #23 defensive end by TheInsiders.com ... #63 player in the Southeast region by Rivals.com ... the #2 prospect in Tennessee according to Rivals.com ... All-Southern by the Orlando Sentinel ... third-team All-South by Fox Sports Net South ... first-team All-State by the Tennessee Sports Writers' Association ... 104 tackles and scored seven touchdowns in a variety of ways (caught three, returned two fumbles, a kickoff and an interception) his senior year ... Class AAAA All-State and Mountain Lakes Conference Defensive Player of the Year as a junior ... also a standout on his school's basketball team ... averaged 15.0 points and 12.0 rebounds per game ... first-team All-Watauga Conference, first-team All-East Tennessee, and first-team All-State ... lettered in track ... finished fourth in the state championship in the shot put as a junior.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
bigsmooth wrote:redd can't see how he would be eligible in hoops and not football.
That's why I said eligible after this semester. He was academically ineligble this semester. If he gets his grades up or whatever this semester (not hard) he should be eligible next.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
SJ, i understood what you said. as far as his elibility, who knows..the NCAA has come up with some crazy things.
5 plus 7 model

Process of elimination... Why is ND left with 2 g[…]

Prayers please

Oh say no more. I'll be praying even harder now :[…]

Family Travel Obsession

We'll do cruises when our legs and backs don't[…]

The COVID-19 Megathread

Fauci Hearing 10 am today. https://oversight.hous[…]