If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Chris Lang wrote:He has not decided to transfer yet. He has been given permission to talk to other schools and explore his options, but he hasn't made a decision.
I hope you're right Chris. Jeff Goodman, who pretty much specializes in transfers, has tweeted he is "graduating and leaving Liberty" Hopefully he is jumping the gun this time.

By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
Tomasz is graduating.

Tomasz is talking to other schools.

Tomasz very well may leave.

Tomasz hasn't left yet.

All four of the above statements are true. It's jumping the gun to say that he has already made his decision. He hasn't.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Chris Lang wrote:My source on this one is better than his.
I take it you have spoken with Thomasz. 8) I'm sure he will have some good options, and he is wise to look into them. Ritchie's job now is to convince him we can turn it around, and his skills will be a great fit in his system. I would also think Gielo would enjoy the opportunity to play with and mentor Jakub Karwowski, the 6'11" recruit who played for the same academy he did in Poland.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Honestly, at this point, I think Gielo's best move is to leave. And really, it could be the best move for us as well. It gives him a chance to play at a high level on a winner and allows us another scholarship to start the rebuild.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
The trend to transfer continues to grow. I started a thread in the Non-LU Sorts forum, but to the surprise of no one, Rowsey is leaving Asheville.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:The trend to transfer continues to grow. I started a thread in the Non-LU Sorts forum, but to the surprise of no one, Rowsey is leaving Asheville.
Actually that does surprise me
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
olldflame wrote:The trend to transfer continues to grow. I started a thread in the Non-LU Sorts forum, but to the surprise of no one, Rowsey is leaving Asheville.
Actually that does surprise me
Other than being a BMOC at 5'8" and having his coach give him a green light that makes the one McKay gave Curry look like a straight jacket, I can't see any reason for him not to want to leave. I think the kid has a bit of a chip on his shoulder because he believes the numbers he put up in HS should have gotten him a high major schollie, and he wants to prove it.
By PAFlame
Let me guess, someone here has inside info that Rowsey is coming to Liberty :shock:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
PAFlame wrote:Let me guess, someone here has inside info that Rowsey is coming to Liberty :shock:

Now THAT would surprise me. Everything I have heard indicates that Layer and staff did not go after Rowsey hard because they were told early and in no uncertain terms that he had no interest in coming to Liberty. He should be able to transfer to a high major program. If not, I would expect him to stay at UNCA.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I smell him landing in Blacksburg. But that is a completely uneducated guess.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I smell him landing in Blacksburg. But that is a completely uneducated guess.
Gielo, or Rowsey?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Im guessing he is referring to Rowsey.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
It's Official - Tomasz has decided to not make a decision yet. Please continue with your regular scheduled surfing.

This comes from a highly suspicious source, but I feel they could or couldn't be giving me the runaround.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I don't see Rowsey as a Hokie. Buzz likes his guards big. He signed 3 last year. All of them are 6'5". He has 2 6'1" PGs, but they were recruited by Greenberg. Going back 6 years at Marquette he didn't have any guards under 6'1", and only a couple of them.

I actually think there is more reason to believe Gielo would go to Blacksburg. Of course the odds of that increase tremendously if Buzz finds a spot on his staff for DL.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Talented but soft. Never came close to realizing potential. Super called it 2 months ago and everybody got mad. Cant blame him after all the losing though.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Good for him. He gave us his four years. I hope he has success at Ole Miss and enjoys the heck out of it. Congrats to Tomasz.

He gone.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Talented but soft. Never came close to realizing potential. Super called it 2 months ago and everybody got mad. Cant blame him after all the losing though.
SJ ended up being right about him leaving, but he was premature in saying he was already gone. Unless you are going to call Tomasz a liar, he gave serious consideration to staying at LU as one of several options he had. I agree that he was an enigma as a player. Lot's of talent with mediocre productivity at best. Blame it on Layer? Maybe. Let's see how he does in the SEC.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Disappointing but completely understandable. At least CJ can continue to unabashedly cheer him on.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:At least CJ can continue to unabashedly cheer him on.
Gielo will be playing ball in the very arena where I graduated in '93. Welcome to Ole Miss and the SEC. Play Basketball Oxford is a wonderful place to go to school, once you learn how to pronounce and spell Yoknapatawpha.
Study
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I am happy he got the opportunity, but honestly I am surprised that he got an offer at this level. I don't see him having the talent to play much at all. However, I hope he does extremely well.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
jinxy wrote:Talented but soft. Never came close to realizing potential. Super called it 2 months ago and everybody got mad. Cant blame him after all the losing though.
SJ ended up being right about him leaving, but he was premature in saying he was already gone. Unless you are going to call Tomasz a liar, he gave serious consideration to staying at LU as one of several options he had. I agree that he was an enigma as a player. Lot's of talent with mediocre productivity at best. Blame it on Layer? Maybe. Let's see how he does in the SEC.
I blame it on Layer mostly, he liked to hand cuff players. Some coaches are like that

I hope he does well and I'm sure he will enjoy 'the scenery"
Election 2022 and 2024

The swing states will decide the election just l[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]