If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
olldflame wrote:
jinxy wrote:Talented but soft. Never came close to realizing potential. Super called it 2 months ago and everybody got mad. Cant blame him after all the losing though.
SJ ended up being right about him leaving, but he was premature in saying he was already gone. Unless you are going to call Tomasz a liar, he gave serious consideration to staying at LU as one of several options he had. I agree that he was an enigma as a player. Lot's of talent with mediocre productivity at best. Blame it on Layer? Maybe. Let's see how he does in the SEC.
I blame it on Layer mostly, he liked to hand cuff players. Some coaches are like that

I hope he does well and I'm sure he will enjoy 'the scenery"
Based on his twitter, I personally thought he was hanging with some pretty nice scenery at Liberty, and seemed to be enjoying it. That was one reason I was holding out hope he would stay.
By CinciFlame
Registration Days Posts
If you've ever been to Ole Miss you know the "scenery" there is second to none. Tailgating in the grove is one if the best atmosphere's in all of college football. Not to mention he'll play on the SEC network and on ESPN several times during the season. That's hard to them down. I wish him the best of luck.
By JakeP50
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: Based on his twitter, I personally thought he was hanging with some pretty nice scenery at Liberty, and seemed to be enjoying it. That was one reason I was holding out hope he would stay.
CinciFlame wrote:If you've ever been to Ole Miss you know the "scenery" there is second to none. Tailgating in the grove is one if the best atmosphere's in all of college football. Not to mention he'll play on the SEC network and on ESPN several times during the season. That's hard to them down. I wish him the best of luck.
Yeah, as much as I love the "scenery" @ LU, Ole Miss is on a whole other level.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
The talent is equal. The preparation and uniforms are more intense at Ole Miss.

Liberty girls are gorgeous. They just don't put it all out there for everyone to see and most are slightly crazy.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Eh...I don't know what kind of women you were around when you were there Jon, but I didn't run into a lot of crazy girls (and you know how long I was on campus).

That said, I wish him well down in Oxford. I will have to try and tune into the SEC Network a few more times this upcoming season and see how he does
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Its college so there is that kind of crazy and then there are the college girls who were sheltered their entire life and don't know how to handle life. At Liberty you combine both of those elements and some girls completely go off the deep end. Of course the same can be said of guys. It just is a different kind of crazy.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:The talent is equal. The preparation and uniforms are more intense at Ole Miss.

Liberty girls are gorgeous. They just don't put it all out there for everyone to see and most are slightly crazy.
Being married to a quasi Liberty girl, I can say you are correct. At least that's what she tells me. Of course my wife got reps for listening to Air Supply and Barry Manilow before a game, so she was apparently a little crazy her self.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
SuperJon wrote:The talent is equal. The preparation and uniforms are more intense at Ole Miss.

Being married to a quasi Liberty girl, I can say you are correct. At least that's what she tells me. Of course my wife got reps for listening to Air Supply and Barry Manilow before a game, so she was apparently a little crazy her self.
Was she trying to mellow out her game?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:

Was she trying to mellow out her game?
Ha. Apparently, if reports are to be believed, if she played mellowed out, you'd hate to see her hyped up. The old girl still has game too. No knees but still game!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Another good article from the Deep South about Gielo, which includes lots of quotes by him on his decision to choose Ole Miss:

https://olemiss.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1767261
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
soccer7 wrote:Purple...I think I had your wife for a coaching class. She was pretty awesome.
Still is! Play Basketball
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
As an Ole Miss alum, I noticed that in Gielo's first 2 games, he scored 15 points against Clayton State, but then only 2 points against Northwestern: http://www.olemisssports.com/sports/m-b ... 15aaa.html
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Clayton State was just an exhibition and he went 0-for-4 from the floor after getting the start. Hopefully he finds his touch in Game #2.
By PAFlame
Tomasz is having a rough go through 3 games. He was 1-8 today in a loss to George Mason, I dunno how much his injury has much to do with this or if it's Ole Miss Iso heavy offense. Andy Kennedy got straight up outcoached today.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
He continues to be an enigma on the basketball court. He seems to have all the components to have a solid game (6´9¨with long arms and decent athleticism, can shoot the 3 and handle the ball a little), but has never put them together with any consistency. We blamed the coaching at LU. I suppose they can blame it at Old Miss too.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:He continues to be an enigma on the basketball court. He seems to have all the components to have a solid game (6´9¨with long arms and decent athleticism, can shoot the 3 and handle the ball a little), but has never put them together with any consistency, and we blamed the coaching at LU. I suppose they can blame it at Old Miss too.
Gielo isn't going to do well in an ISO heavy offense. That's on him for picking that school/system.
I would blame the system at LU his first 3 years but I'm not sure what that was :dontgetit he certainly wasn't put in a position to be successful either here or Ole Miss
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I didn´t realize that was how Kennedy´s teams played, but it certainly is a bit of a head scratcher for him to pick a place where they run an offense like that. I would think he would have been a great fit in McKay´s offense. Defense, maybe, maybe not.

Of course it is certainly possible he chose Miss. simply because they had just the masters program he was looking for.
By PAFlame
There was an intriguing sequence at about the 17:00 mark of the 2nd half or so where Tomasz threw up an airball, Mason then took it down the other end and missed a good shot, Tomasz collected the rebound and brought it up the floor towards the arc and pulled up for a fadeaway 3 that hit the backboard. All 5 Ole Miss players were pulled in a hockey style lineup and Andy Kennedy just sat there with his hands in his face. We blamed the coaching at LU, but if the coach is going to sit there and not pull the player aside for coaching, what is he there for?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
He just announced on Instagram/Facebook that he is headed to play in the Spanish league after spending time in Vegas on the Sixers Summer League team.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]