If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:He gone.
Not surprised but details?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Hope nothing but the best for him. Seems like a silly decision but maybe it's the best for both parties.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
SuperJon wrote:He gone.
Not surprised but details?
There are none yet really. He's out talking to schools. I assume he'd give the new coach a chance but it wouldn't make sense to stick around in his case.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
and so it begins

blow it up... start over
By Rooster Cogburn
Registration Days Posts
My guesses..... His coach is gone, and money to Play back home. But he may not have gotten the extra year either. We will find out eventually. Great kid wish him well.
By Neo
Anthony Smith said he was gone when RD left, until he met with McKay.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Rooster Cogburn wrote:My guesses..... His coach is gone, and money to Play back home. But he may not have gotten the extra year either. We will find out eventually. Great kid wish him well.
He's meeting with schools. I think it's safe to say he got the year and isn't going home.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Neo wrote:Anthony Smith said he was gone when RD left, until he met with McKay.
Jeff Meyer
Last edited by alabama24 on March 20th, 2015, 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Just because he is looking at schools doesn't mean he is gone. It may be he is still open to staying, but is doing some checking to see what his options are while he waits to meet the new coach. He seems to be a smart kid, and that course of action makes a lot of sense.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:I assume he'd give the new coach a chance but it wouldn't make sense to stick around in his case.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:Jeff Meyer
You must post the offending post! H
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:
SuperJon wrote:I assume he'd give the new coach a chance but it wouldn't make sense to stick around in his case.
Not sure why you would say that SJ. All indications are that Gielo likes Liberty and is comfortable with the environment.He probably already had his masters program picked out. Sure, he is going to have to learn a new system either way, but here he knows his teammates and has a pretty good idea what his role will be based on that. A lot more unknowns involved if he transfers. I really believe it will come down to how he feels about the new coach.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:You must post the offending post! H
I know not of what you speak. ;)
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Just a few hours after we started talking about him leaving, Thomasz tweeted this:

Coincidence??????? Maybe.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I love how at Liberty, one guy can say one thing on a message board and the entire community flips out. My work is done.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Who flipped out? It seems to me most of the discussion in the last day has been used to inject a dose of reality after some guy found out Thomasz is doing due diligence by looking at options and posted "He gone." The one person here who has probably actually talked to him has confirmed that he is waiting to meet the new coach before he decides what to do. He may ultimately end up leaving, but he not gone yet.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:I love how at Liberty ..........

This isnt a Liberty thing.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
I hate it - we could really use him next season but I don't fault him at all. We're likely to suffer through another long season and he's got big time options. Good luck, Tomasz.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I would have loved to see how McKay would have utilized Thomasz. I'm not sure he will find a coach better suited to a big who can shoot the 3.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
He has not decided to transfer yet. He has been given permission to talk to other schools and explore his options, but he hasn't made a decision.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]