If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Dunton Hires Miller as Men's Basketball's Strength and Conditioning Coach
http://www.libertyflames.com/index.cfm? ... 88&TeamID=
August 21, 2006
Lynchburg, Va.

Liberty University head men’s basketball coach Randy Dunton has announced the hiring of Shane Miller as the program’s Strength and Conditioning Coach entering the 2006-07 season.

“It is great to have a former Flame return home,” said Dunton. “Shane’s experiences with the University of Nebraska basketball program combined with his personal ability to bring out the best in our student-athletes makes this hire a tremendous addition to our staff. Coach Miller has a pastor’s heart to serve and a firm resolve that will move our collective strength to a new level.”
Miller returns to Liberty where he graduated in 2002 with a B.S. in exercise science while earning two letters on the Flames baseball team.
Prior to returning to Liberty, Miller was a part of the University of Nebraska strength and conditioning staff for two and a half years. Miller also gained experience interning at Colorado-Boulder during the summer prior to his senior year at Liberty. These experiences have prepared him well for his return to Liberty Mountain. “I am excited to be back at Liberty,” commented Miller. “Even when I was working at Colorado and at Nebraska I felt like I was just getting education and experience to bring back to Liberty. I want to implement some of the same things that have made those programs successful here … to help raise Liberty's level of competition.”
While Miller was working at the University of Nebraska, he also served as an Associate Pastor at Calvary Community Church in Lincoln until his return to Lynchburg.
In his new position for the men’s basketball program, Miller will design and implement strength and conditioning programs. “It’s an exciting time to be a part of the LU basketball team,” added Miller. “We are excited about working hard to get big and strong for the upcoming year. As a Liberty athlete, my goal and ambition was to make some noise in the NCAA world for the cause of Christ and for Liberty. I take that same ambition to men's basketball. We want to make some noise and shake some people up and show them Liberty Basketball is for real and a real tournament contender. My contribution will be making the team big, fast and strong.”
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
Since when does each team have its own strength coach?
By panfan01
Registration Days Posts
Hey buddy,just be glad that LU has the resources to have a strength coach.This will make you a better team and makes a student athlete a more focused athlete.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
The thing is Panfan is Liberty has some of the best strength coaches in the nation in Dave Williams and Bill Gillespie. Gillespie is a world record holder in power lifting and Williams is one of the most respected coaches in the field of strength and conditioning in the country. I have not talked with coach D about it but it sounds like he wanted to have a guy dedicated to his team full time (obviously). Those coaches work with football for a great deal of the year. At any rate, that is one more resource they have at their disposal.
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
I agree--I am just suprised the athletic dept can afford one dedecated to MBB. I thought the assts worked with more than just one team. Anything to put more beef on the floor will be good.
By grm
Registration Days Posts
I think it was Sly who said that it was an optimistic time to be a LU basketball fan - or something like that. Here is another
piece of the feel-good puzzle. "I love it when a plan comes together!" Will this be the year of our "A-Team?"
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
Barber is definitely giving the "marquis" teams the funding and ammo to move to the top in a hurry. Good times. VERY good times ahead.
By PeterParker
Registration Days Posts
The new guy can always tap into the resources of Gillespie and Williams, if he is prudent.
LSU

We lose 9-4. With score 8-4 in Top of 6th we lef[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

It certainly feels ridiculous to see some of these[…]

Volleyball Coach

Former player and assistant coach Rebecca Ru[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Unless Trump is suddenly a NY resident again, […]