If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By WWJFD
Registration Days Posts
Any truth to Viginia PG TJ Bannister looking to join Liberty and have to sit this year and be eligible for 2007-08 for his senior year. If LU is out of schollies this year, is there a way LU can help him to attend this year then put him on schollie for next?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
This is the first I've heard of this rumor. Insiders?
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
I am an insider on the outside right now since I haven't talked to anyone but Dunton in the last month and I only talked to him for a few minutes on the phone. However to the naked eye if this is true the obvious connection is Assistant coach Alexis Sherrard who is a former assistant under Pete Gillen at UVA. TJ only has one year of eligibility I think but I have seen people come in and play one year before so it is not unheard of.
By jack_sparrow81
Registration Days Posts
I saw this kid play a couple of times during the championships in Lakeland. DIdn't realize he was on UVA though. Decent kid though, besides playing against weak talent with other small christian schools. It would be quite the steal though. I think his dad was the coach at Arlington.
By LU'sbestmanger
Registration Days Posts
this is the first time im hearing about this.. where did you get this from?
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
interesting...it would not surprise me though. he was in leitao's doghouse foe awhile, but would be a good find for LU.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
If the transfere rumor is true then could be a adequate replacement for Larry Blair when he graduates.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
I'd go for a Jenkins/Bannister backcourt next season.
By LU'sbestmanger
Registration Days Posts
so he's more of the scoring type? they had him at pg and his scoring #'s weren't that good in college.
By LU'sbestmanger
Registration Days Posts
dont sleep on Justin Holland. he had an injury plagued season last year and looked very good before he was hurt. he had a pretty good spring and when jenkins came up to play he gave him a pretty good welcome to the division 1 level
By JReebs
Registration Days Posts
jack_sparrow81 wrote:I saw this kid play a couple of times during the championships in Lakeland. DIdn't realize he was on UVA though. Decent kid though, besides playing against weak talent with other small christian schools. It would be quite the steal though. I think his dad was the coach at Arlington.
Nah, his dad wasn't the coach at ACDS... Rex Morgan is/was the coach. And, you probably did see him play against some weak comp in the state tourney, but ACD has one of the toughest regular season schedules in the state (historically). Actually, they have, in the past, been ranked in the top 10 nationally. I don't recall whether that was this past year or one previous. I think TJ would be great for LU Bball - bring on the J-VILLE athletes!! Also, the question as to whether or not he could score was mentioned earlier. He'd probably be a 12-14 pt per game type of guy in the big south... Plays a different role at UVA though...
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
TJ, is a good player. He is not a big scorer at UVA. He was mainly a ball distributor. NO doubt, if this is true, it would be great to have him here. But it's not a make or break deal I wouldn't consider it to be at least.
By LU'sbestmanger
Registration Days Posts
he was the starter before singleterry came in and took is spot
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
sorry" manger", but TJ started the last 10 games of his freshman and soph yrs., and did not start at all last year. BTW, i have always wondered, why "manger"???
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
originally a typo with which he is now stuck :shock:
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
o sorry.. and i changed my name, thanks for reminding me
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
boooooo-urns
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
if this does go threw, you guys should know in the next couple of weeks
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LU'sbestmanager wrote:if this does go threw, you guys should know in the next couple of weeks
Threw? Is he a pitcher as well?
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
no, but i think "manger" or " manager" is a GMTM disciple!
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
They come from different sides. GiveMeTheTypo just can't spell period; LU'sBestTypo uses the wrong version of a word.
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
ok... and bannister is a good pg? wut about bannister?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:They come from different sides. GiveMeTheTypo just can't spell period; LU'sBestTypo uses the wrong version of a word.
Not to mention a SCAR groupie now w/ the avatar!!!
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Florida AG now suing the ACC. https://www.espn.com[…]

NMSU

Any info about the new incoming players to the p[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

OK, so the latest from ASOR says that Smith is com[…]

NFL’s trading rules, salary cap, and prof[…]