If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Here's a kid who I should be able to catch in action this season as he plays ball here in Houston:

Trumaine Johnson
Shooting Guard
Kingwood (TX) High School
6' 3" 175 lbs

Rivals Profile

College Choices:

BYU (Offer)
Colorado State
LIBERTY (Offer)
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
According to my buddy Jim Hicks of RCS Sports. Trumaine has an official visit set up to Vandy in late September. And his list of offers continues to grow with Northern Arizona, Southeast Louisiana, St. Bonaventure, Drake, Appy St and Stephen F Austin among the recent to hand out scholie offers to him.

And while on the topic of Houston kids who we've had a bit of an eye on over the past year or so, Cypress Christian PG Biko Paris has commited to USC (not the little one in South Carolina).
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
Sly, NAU has actually had real decent luck in getting kids from Texas lately, so don't discount them. Tyrone Bazy (Dallas) and Will Hensley (Midlothian) will both start for them this year. My boy Rob Bishop working his contacts ...
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
There are is plenty of talent here in Texas to go around. Just ask Coach Dunton.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
If Alexis is down here in Houston this weekend, he's probably dropping by the Johnsons house as well.

According to my buddy Jim Hicks at RCS Sports, Nevada and Vandy have both backed off offers to Trumaine after receiving other commitments. Several other schools are now onto him as well.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
They were in Houston this past week both Coach Dunton and Alexis... they had a pretty good trip and are very close to landing a recruit
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
RCS Sports is reporting Trumaine may be waiting until spring signing period to see if he can raise his stock enough to have better options.
2024 Season Thread

Nice breakdown. Sounds like a promising class

2025 Recruiting Discussion

https://www.aseaofred.com/2025-cb-uriah-points-com[…]

This year's men’s basketball?

Ben Southerland is going to Wright State. A bit of[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

I'll just leave this here: https://www.gazettenet[…]