If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

I don't know how to link it up somebody else can do it I am sure.

Liberty recruiting class ranked #1 by Hoopscooponline.com in the Big South for 2006.

#2. High Point
#3. Charleston Southern
#4. Winthrop
#5. Coastal Carolina
T6. VMI
T6. Radford
#8. UNC-A

Hopefully these guys stay in school for 4 years, it always seems either High Point or Liberty has the best recruiting class every year for some reason.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
Until we step out on the floor, we will see if this is true or not. But that is a nice honor though.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I think we should put "always here to remind us that awards and recognition don't equate into wins" in your signature.

Bart Lundy is my hero.
By Guest
It is a good thing. The only guaranteed win is the one you just got, but this is encouraging. Sometimes I think guys on the board are only happy when the news is bad. We could win the championship, and the next thing out of mouths might be "Yeah, but we don't look too good for next year." We ought to enjoy the moments in life. I can't wait until RD is named coach of the year.
By LU'sbestmanger
Registration Days Posts
me too. coach D is the man!
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
way to suck up manger :D
By Brokeback Flamer
Registration Days Posts
LU'sbestmanger wrote:me too. coach D is the man!
WOW talk about working for job security!!!!!!! Well done!!
As for the recruiting class, yawn. I believe the first poster said that HP or LU ALWAYS finish near the top in recruiting. Well what has that gotten us? Like open gyms in the summer, I will wait to evaluate talent until the year starts. Is this a good thing? Probably. As for not being satisfied on this board unless it is "bad news", welcome to the wonderful world of message boards!!!! And now that you bring it up How are we going to do w/out blair next year............... :D :D
By LU'sbestmanger
Registration Days Posts
Brokeback Flamer wrote: As for How are we going to do w/out blair next year............... :D :D
????????????? hes back
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
Note the smilies for sarcasim.
By LU'sbestmanger
Registration Days Posts
:roll: ooopppss
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
nope. oops = :oops:
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
BB would've been better w/ :wink: :wink:

or possibly :twisted: :twisted:
By Brokeback Flamer
Registration Days Posts
I was looking for one with the John Holmes 'stache but they don't have em!!!
By Guest 1
A little insight on this hoopscooponline rankings... it's a joke!!!! These guys only like or pump the schools that subscribe to them and pay like 1000.00 per year for this service. So if a school like Radford doesn't subscribe they don't have all of Radfords players even on the list that's why they are ranked low.... Basically HP and LU signed the most kids, but probably the head coaches (BL & RD) talk to Clark Francis(hoopscoop owner) every other day and therefore Francis always ranks HP or LU #1 every year.

Anybody remember how great Norman Simmons was suppose to be? Exactly he didn't last long either and I bet at least 2 of these new cats will be gone very soon into the year.

The funny thing with all these great recruits your coach (RD) keeps saying he's trying to BUILD a program, after a 2nd, 1st, 2nd finish the program should have already had a foundation!!

WU hasn't had a losing record since GM has been there, he just reloads.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Come on, guest1. Don't be shy. Why not register and stick around for awhile. We enjoy having viewpoints from other schools on this board.

Your reference to Clark Francis gives you some cred in my corner as you being someone who knows what you are talking about to some extent. But if these rankings are bogus, why even take the time to diss them?
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I know nothing about these rankings or our recruiting class or anything like that. I will say that from my experience with different polls and player rankings and things like that, if someone subscribes to a service, they will most definitely get ranked. Impact Baseball and Baseball America are two of those that come to mind in that sense.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
Pre-season ratings aren't worth it, anyway. Some of these guys may never turn out. We've had several over the past few years that came to the program and then rotted on the bench, never to see the court.

But our Guest does have a point. Our window may be closing. We only have one year of Brew, if I remember correctly, and this is Blair's last hurrah. We've got some solid prospects coming in but do they have enough to keep the train going after Blair (who probably goes down as one of, if not THE, best player we've ever had) or is the cubbard going to be dry and back to building, again?

Tough questions. We're loaded with potential but until that potential turns into production, call me skeptical.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I've got a little insight of my own. After the top 20 all recruiting rankings are bogus. It's all subjective where every "expert" has a different opinion and they're not even close to eachother.
By LU'sbestmanger
Registration Days Posts
TDDance234 wrote:Pre-season ratings aren't worth it, anyway. Some of these guys may never turn out. We've had several over the past few years that came to the program and then rotted on the bench, never to see the court.

But our Guest does have a point. Our window may be closing. We only have one year of Brew, if I remember correctly, and this is Blair's last hurrah. We've got some solid prospects coming in but do they have enough to keep the train going after Blair (who probably goes down as one of, if not THE, best player we've ever had) or is the cubbard going to be dry and back to building, again?

Tough questions. We're loaded with potential but until that potential turns into production, call me skeptical.
we have a year and a HALF of brew. this year is brews half.
By Guest
No recruiting in today's world is a perfect science the players have too many people in their ear and the demands of d1 are
much higher than anything they have done. Players are leaving every program and at Liberty the off court issues can come from out of the blue with all programs. I am excited about the work the staff and Coach D has done and looking forward to
a productive year of growth for the program.
LSU

What are you guys worried about? The team will win[…]

NMSU

I do not see the European players to be as fast as[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Yeah Reese Smith I think? There was another guy wh[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

No other demcrates with name recognition are tough[…]