If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
jmdickens wrote:I particularyly like the Carolina style jersey. They are close in resemblace every season...
That's because they were designed some time ago by Chapel Hill native and fashion designer Alexander Julian. Aside from very minor tweaks, they're not likely to change for a long time to come.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
hate to disagree manger, but LU will get a kick back if other schools buy that design. and i think some schools have bought them.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
FYI: carolina did have their "NC" Logo on the front of the jerseys a few years back instead of Carolina, or North Carolina, which ever it says now. It looked dumb.

As for the shorts down to the ankles, I think the players were just sagging them down like that. I doubt they fit like that during a game. Just like they probably won't be playing the game with their hands down their pants.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
This chuckle once again provided by Luconn :lol: :lol: You are absolutely right on all counts.
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
I pray RD emphasizes to the players that they are representing the program 24/7, whether it be modeling unis for facebook or obeying the rules around campus. If they don't want to be perceived incorrectly as thugs, then stop dressing like it when mugging for the camera; stop the crotch-grabbing; and how about smiling one time instead of looking like they have a chip on their shoulders. That will go a long way in eliminating the mis-perceptions. I certainly don't want LU getting the Tyson Waterman/Chad Steele reps that WU used to have. What's next, a Waffle House incident? Let's pray not.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
jmdickens wrote:Well, we don't put fans in the stands.......I still think the band should play in home games. It would be much louder than the pep band
No school in the country uses their entire band during basketball. Most of them use a pep band which is a smaller version of the band (around 30-40).
LUconn wrote:As for the shorts down to the ankles, I think the players were just sagging them down like that. I doubt they fit like that during a game. Just like they probably won't be playing the game with their hands down their pants.
LUconn, you were out of town, but the shorts were down to the ankles at midnight madness. The Jordan brand has started making their shorts that low (look at Kansas State, UNC, Michigan State, etc) and it's going around to other brands as well.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
SJ I didn't remember it being that low...As far as mugging for the camera, that is what is cool to do. I see no harm in doing it and I certainly don't think of them as drug selling Ho slappin thugs because they do it. I know these guys and I don't see the thuggery at all. We need to stop being so judgemental. Everything is not so black and white. You can mug for a camera and not be a thug. You can sag your pants and still be a Christian.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:so lets just not play anything but hymns at sporting events....that way we keep it safe...wait some of those

yeah lets play "kum by yah" at sporting events :roll: :roll: :roll:
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Scar, a few of them had the pants underneathe their knees by an inch or two during midnight madness. It wasn't nearly as bad as in the pictures Manger posted, but they were pretty low. It's the way the shorts are being cut now. I don't want shorts from your days, but right at or right above your knees is where they look the best.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Ok I see. Yes they were below the knees but not down to the ankles like the pix. What's wrong with the shorts WE wore? 8)
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
SCAR wrote:SJ I didn't remember it being that low...As far as mugging for the camera, that is what is cool to do. I see no harm in doing it and I certainly don't think of them as drug selling Ho slappin thugs because they do it. I know these guys and I don't see the thuggery at all. We need to stop being so judgemental. Everything is not so black and white. You can mug for a camera and not be a thug. You can sag your pants and still be a Christian.
thank you scar. everyone always has something bad to say and nothing good. we have really nice jerseys, and once again someone has something to say. we could have easily gone with some nike jerseys but they would have given us the same jerseys as everyone else and you guys would be even more negative. just continue to support and be behind these guys in two weeks so we can have that same excitement that the football team has right now.

p.s. their shorts dont fit any different from any other team. some of them might have just been wearing them like that for the pic, like luconn said
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Manger, stop drinking the freaking Kool-Aid. We said we hate the pants to the ankles, period. We said we didn't like the style at all, not just on LU. Holy crap. It's one thing to wear rose colored glasses, it's another to never take them off.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Manager, I'm behind you guys. I had no problem with the uni's. They looked fine to me. Hang in there. Almost season time, and these guys will get behind them during games.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I like the overall style of the jerseys. The shoulder patches were a bit questionable but they're starting to grow on me. I think everybody can hopefully agree that they're wayyyy better than the standard Nike template.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
I don't think anyone here is not supportive of the program, it's more of the direction it has been heading that is causing us to question the team.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I don't see how me saying I don't like the uniforms is me saying I don't support the team. Way to take a leap there.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
welcome to the darkside
By kel varson
Registration Days Posts
Not crazy about the uniforms either. I think the shorts are too long, but I guess that's just a matter of taste. The tops are okay. I'm sure the players like them. The real issue is how the team will perform. If they play well I'm sure I'll love the uni's.

Remember the fab 5 back in 92-93. We thought those shorts were long then and they were barely past they knees. Don't you think if the uniforms are too long and too baggy they could potentially effect the teams performance. In some of the pictures the shorts look like culottes.
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
how did we get into talking about thugs in the program. lets just talk about how good we think they are going to be and why or why not. forget about the uniforms
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
just blame it on dickens, that's what I do.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
someone said UNC has those same types of uniforms..

By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
UNC has new uniforms this year. They're the typical Nike template. MSU has it and a few others.
By nickrichard
Registration Days Posts
jmdickens wrote:welcome to the darkside
Are you AG posting under an alias?
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
???? i didnt see the new uni's in UNC's team pic. unless i just couldn't tell
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
Thanks Luconn, that even made me laugh. To be honest, I don't think our program has thugs because a real thug would not come to Liberty with a scholarship or not. All the ones that appear that way on campus are mostly fakes and posers
2024 Season Thread

Nice breakdown. Sounds like a promising class

2025 Recruiting Discussion

https://www.aseaofred.com/2025-cb-uriah-points-com[…]

This year's men’s basketball?

Ben Southerland is going to Wright State. A bit of[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

I'll just leave this here: https://www.gazettenet[…]