If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Wh...Nah you are not gonna get me that easy man! Seriously though you and BT need to get down here. We are gonna have a blast. Also I heard shooby was coming (inside joke).
By stoppinby
Registration Days Posts
Good to see u on ur toes, DOnt count me out yet, Im am still going to try to make it happen. I would love to make it, Just trying to work it out on this end. I may be visiting Fatleg on the 14th. . Its still up in the air with BT. HE is a fruitcake!! If I do make it down I would like the minutes I play in the game to be added to the record book which would double my Minutes Played Stat.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
We can count your points in the layup line too :wink: Hopefully if you get down to see Fat Leg in Lexington, that you can drag him over to Lynchburg on Friday night as well. I am gonna put BT down as a maybe along with you and Leg.
By stoppinby
Registration Days Posts
anything to pad my stats Ill take it, I saw fatleg yesterday and he showed me some pictures of his newborn son. This kid can dribble and from what I hear he can "light it up". Just like his father!!!
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
im not sure if this was said or not but what jersey's are you guys wearing?
By tshirtman
Registration Days Posts
Scar
Have you broke down the teams?
If so who is on what team?
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Red Team VS. Blue Team
Bailey Alston Chris Caldwell
Larry Jackson Marcus White
Mark Manley Eric Sorensen
Jody chapman Edwin Miller
Louvon Sneed Kenneth Annabonam
Jeff Riber Brett Anthony
Paul Nazigian Barry Taylor
Matt Hildebrand Chris Toomer
Tim Scarborough Jason Allison
Danny Curbison Rodney Harden
Dave Sisson Ed Gomes
Ryan Mantlo Harry Williams
Julius Nwoso

This is a preliminary team pairing but I know there will be trades.
Last edited by TIMSCAR20 on October 9th, 2006, 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
red team in a walk if it stays this way.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Red Team
Bailey Alston
Larry Jackson
Mark Manley
Jody chapman
Louvon Sneed
Jeff Riber
Paul Nazigian
Matt Hildebrand
Tim Scarborough
Danny Curbison
Dave Sisson
Ryan Mantlo
Julius Nwoso

White Team
Chris Caldwell
Marcus White
Eric Sorensen
Edwin Miller
Kenneth Annabonam
Brett Anthony
Barry Taylor
Chris Toomer
Jason Allison
Rodney Harden
Ed Gomes
Harry Williams

I wanted to make this a little easier to read. I will def have to make some changes smoothie if I see it is lop sided. Hard to tell who will be in "game shape". BTW Smoothie, Sly wants documentation of this game so I couldn't think of a better person to use my digital camera than you since you usually have an all access pass in the Vines (LOL). I know Jamie Hall will probably be taking pix too.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
I forgot I added Juice at the last minute. Before I knew he was coming the teams seemed more even. I will have to re-think this. Like I said, I will be open to trades during registration.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
How would you know Manger? You were in diapers when most of these guys played. :lol: I will change the rosters on Friday. I wrote this out without even thinking about 2 weeks ago. I will stack one team against Julius because he will be unstoppable. Maybe let 2 guys pick teams where the 2nd guy gets the next 4 picks after the 1st guy picks Juice. It would be fun to see all of us in our prime but that ain't happen'n. I have not done my part that is for sure! I may play 5-10 minutes. That is about all I have left in the tank. Can't decide if I want to wear white or red. Can't wait til the weekend though.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Dunton Announces Men's Basketball Alumni Game

Ryan Mantlo ('03-'04) is one of the featured alumni playing Friday.
October 9, 2006
Lynchburg, Va.
Liberty University head men’s basketball coach Randy Dunton announced that the men’s basketball team will have an alumni game this Friday in concurrence with Liberty University’s Homecoming Weekend festivities and the start of the official basketball practice season.

The game will start at 10:30 p.m. in the Vines Center and will consist of two twenty minute halves. There are over 25 former Flames player committed to play and will feature at least one player from each decade of basketball at Liberty, including the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s and the 2000’s.

The alumni that will be participating will feature four 1,000 point scorers, including Bailey Alston (’88-’90) who scored 2,115 career points place him second on the all-time Liberty scoring list. Larry Jackson (’95-’99) who scored 1,539 points, Matt Hildebrand (’91-’94) who scored 1,515 points and Julius Nwosu (’91-’93) who scored 1,248 points and most recently played for Nigeria in the most recent FIBA World Basketball Championship.

“I am excited to have many of our former players return to campus for this exciting event,” said Dunton. “We want to continue to build bridges within these relationships … it is going to be a fun weekend.”

Rounding out the featured alumni is Tim Scarborough (’87-’90), Ed Gomes (’74-’76) and Ryan Mantlo (’03-’04).

Homecoming weekend will culminate with Saturday’s football game against William & Mary. Kick-off is set for 1 p.m.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
What? No Rashad Robinson?
By WinthropEagleFan
Registration Days Posts
I keep waiting to see CJ Cowgill's name on the list...
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
WEF, We tried to get guys that at least played 2 years at LU so Rashad didn't qualify. This group that is showing up is notably short of Mel Hankinson's years due to the fact that he shut me out of the program during his tenure so I don't really know most of those guys personally. I know Caldwell, Sneed, Ward and a couple of others but not many. To be truthful this game is gonna be filled with folks that I personally have kept up with. Our athletic and alumni depts are trying to play catchup as far as getting in contact with folks but I am pleased with the response we got from the guys that I was able to keep up with. The Internet helps too with trying to catch up with people. I have 4 days to get in shape. I need to do 2 a days for the rest of the week :wink:
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
heh, total sarcasim on the Rashad comment.

Unless of course you needed someone to brick layups.
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
SCAR wrote:How would you know Manger? You were in diapers when most of these guys played. :lol: .
i love me some LU football and bball.. if it's LU, i know. some of the guys call me stat man because of the way i can remember everyones stats. lol.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Yes WEF I somehow knew you weren't really wanting to see Robinson :P
By tshirtman
Registration Days Posts
Scar
I think this is a great thing. I believe the matchup of teams is not to bad. The only problem is Julius has no real matchup call D HAll or Jason Dixon. JC is the only one who could post him up but they are on the same team. Put NAZ on the other team. Trade JC for Ed gomes
See you this weekend your jerseys are in. What size did you want also what # on the football jersey.
Starting Fives

Red Team
PG Matt
SG LJ
C Julius
PF Louvon
F Mark

White Team
PG Marcus
SG Chris Toomer
C JC
PF Soro
F Edwin

White team
Will win by 25
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Man the White team starters would get murdered in the post. I don't think you remember how strong Juice really is. It is gonna take Louvon and Kenneth Annabonam to guard him and he will still get 30 or more if he wants to. I am gonna mix it up for sure. I will think about it today and tomorrow and come up with final rosters soon....For my football Jersey I will take #20. That is of course my hoops number. XXL or even XXXL if you have it. I like a big jersey. I will stop in on Friday to pick it up.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
There is no way you can't at least start Bailey. Simply out of respect, you have to give him the honor.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
This may have been covered in one of the seven previous pages but why wasn't Leo Lightbourne invited?
By tshirtman
Registration Days Posts
I don't think you remember how strong Juice really is

Are you for real I was the one hitting him with the pads in practice. I think the rooster need changing.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
No you should remember how strong he is. I think Kenneth Annabonam can handle him along with Sneed....As far as Leo is concerned, I would love for him to come back and play but I think he is over seas hoopin. I know GMart and others are out of the country. I am trying to talk Woodson into coming since he is not leaving until next week.
2024 Season Thread

Nice breakdown. Sounds like a promising class

2025 Recruiting Discussion

https://www.aseaofred.com/2025-cb-uriah-points-com[…]

This year's men’s basketball?

Ben Southerland is going to Wright State. A bit of[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

I'll just leave this here: https://www.gazettenet[…]