If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
Hey, did you just drop your keys?
Jingle, jangle...
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Brokeback Flamer wrote:
ATrain wrote:
Brokeback Flamer wrote:Of course they will use tape. Volleyball is merely a way to utilitze the facility until the "real" sports start. Title IX Title Shmine :shock:
Brokeback...you have now incurred my wrath for insulting the glorious sport of volleyball...you'd better watch your back :twisted:
I would have thought the goofy face was clarification that I was joking!! Hey, did you just drop your keys? :twisted:
:shock: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
givemethemic wrote:sorry BJ that one was for Hurrican Fan, but that is good to know that you will be back in early August
Oh ok. Sorry GMTM. Hopefully we will bein for another great year in the department
By fsn32
Registration Days Posts
I like it too... but let me be a little bit of an opposing view... I wish there would have been more red. Actually if the places that are blue paint were red and vice versa, I would be happier.

The bad thing about the Vines is that the place is dark and drab... blue seats, grey steps, grey ceiling. More red would have brightened it up a bit... plus, when you think "Flames" you think red. I have never understood why our dominant color isn't red.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
brokeback, did you give FSN some red Koolade? I think it was blue and that set him off the edge! :lol:

I dont know how that would look...we need proto to dolly something up on the computer to see what it would look like...heck SJ can do wonders with photoshop, have at it boys
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
fsn32 wrote:I like it too... but let me be a little bit of an opposing view... I wish there would have been more red. Actually if the places that are blue paint were red and vice versa, I would be happier.

The bad thing about the Vines is that the place is dark and drab... blue seats, grey steps, grey ceiling. More red would have brightened it up a bit... plus, when you think "Flames" you think red. I have never understood why our dominant color isn't red.
"Because red works better as an accent color"-former vball setter Kristin Colson
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Just got back from lunch watching the dude paint. He stepped on a letter and tracked a little bit of blue but everybody can breathe, he wiped it up. The finishless wood looks great. Can they laquor it up without changing the tone back to the yellow it was before? I really like the color of it the way it is.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
LU'sbestmanger wrote:wow! that's nice. it's going to look even better with the dotted lines, and the logo. i like to see the lighter wood also. good year for the flames
by the way, no dotted lines. They're useless to us.
By hurricane fan
Registration Days Posts
UPDATE: Logo is finished. Stencil is being put down for the Big South logo in the paint right now.
By TallyW
Registration Days Posts
Pictures
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
Can they laquor it up without changing the tone back to the yellow it was before? I really like the color of it the way it is.
If they do that, and they play indoor soccer on it, would that make them a bunch of laquered up kickers???
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
:lol: laughed out loud for that one
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
no, that would make them trespassers and I'd tell them to get the freak off the basketball court.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
I will take some tonight, if no one beats me to the punch...
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
I must say, the new floor looks very nice
By LU'sbestmanger
Registration Days Posts
you guys are getting me excited, i wanna see some pics!
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
I got pics on my facebook, I just don't know how to load them onto here... SJ, Sly Fox there under the same file that you found the first pics of the floor...
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
The floor looks nice. I saw it this evening. That thing is sweet.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
SJ your the man.. I got your Putt-Putt this week.. all I can say is just bring it!!!!!
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I prolly won't be back up to Lynchburg until after I go to Florida.
By Flamesfanva
Registration Days Posts
Floor looks good, now we need some logos painted on the walls like in Demoss.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
The "real pictures posted by SJ look exactly like the photoshop'd pix posted earlier in this thread. Photography software has come a long way. Now 11 years ago when the floor was painted in the Burger King colors, the artist used a rough sketch of what was an idea and he took it literally. Not placing blame here or taking credit for that fiasco for that matter but I was there when it all went down and I remember watching the guy painting it and having a small tear roll down my right cheek like the Native American guy on those old "don't litter" commercials from the 70's and 80's! Ok not really but it was obvious from the moment he outlined the art work that it was not gonna turn out as planned. The floor looks great now. I am back in Lynchburg and I plan on taking a trip over to the Vines this weekend to see it for myself.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Those are some great pics! It looks very good!
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
Nice job. I prefer the simpler look, much like Indiana has.

Family Travel Obsession

If you have a rental car in Paris this summer, bra[…]

Prayers please

Oh say no more. I'll be praying even harder now […]

5 plus 7 model

I wouldn't build this up and get your hopes up tha[…]

The COVID-19 Megathread

Fauci Hearing 10 am today. https://oversight.hous[…]