If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
relient k??? wow what a blast from the past. i would love to hear some instrumentals of 50 cent, usher and e-40 in the furnace, it would get the crowd hyped. i will say that at the hockey game they played" whoop there it is" not something i would play esp with words....all i could hear was , "these three words when your gettin busy, whoop there it is". and AG it's all good my man :D
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Why bother with instrumentals of artists who simply lifted their riffs and percussion from someone else? Just go to the original sources who could probably use the cache these days since these"artists" aren't paying residuals.

No I didn't. :lol:
Last edited by Sly Fox on October 17th, 2006, 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
I was thinking that too Sly. The music is laced with Jazz and Soul from Coltrane to Louis Armstrong and others. That would take some research though.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I will be the first to admit, I hate rap...Its just not my thing, but there is plenty of rap out there that doesn't fit that stereotype...There is plenty of rock music out there that doesn't have the best of messages...so lets just not play anything but hymns at sporting events....that way we keep it safe...wait some of those came from old bar tunes...lets not play those either....lets not play any music...its all evil and of the devil
By nickrichard
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I will be the first to admit, I hate rap...Its just not my thing, but there is plenty of rap out there that doesn't fit that stereotype...There is plenty of rock music out there that doesn't have the best of messages...so lets just not play anything but hymns at sporting events....that way we keep it safe...wait some of those came from old bar tunes...lets not play those either....lets not play any music...its all evil and of the devil
Postman, I know you are being sarcastic, but there have been plenty of people (at least in the past) that sit on the opposite side of the students during basketball games that feel that is exactly what should happen. The music is not christian, to loud, etc. Then those people will be complaining about the band, ie to loud. Some people really need to stay home and watch on TV. Sporting events are supposed to be just that - EVENTS. Have some fun, be college students, enjoy your team, get excited at games. I believe that music played during these events plays a significant role in this atmosphere.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
yeah, i know there is still plenty of people out there that feel that way, which makes my sarcastic post so much funnier....people are so dumb about music...yes music has an effect on people...but its not the style that matters....When I was younger, before my parents saw the light, I use to go to a very legalistic southern baptist church....I know how people can be...some people wanted us to get the couches in the youth room taken out because you don't want guys and girls sitting that close to eachother, you never know what could happen....some people are rediculous, this isn't bob jones university, we are aloud to have some fun
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
SCAR wrote: I would say play the popular songs without the words if you want to get the crowd into whats going on at an event like that.
that's what i do, i get the instrumentals of the popular songs and put them onto the cd. but they play it so low
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
I actually like the band that plays during the game. It adds a different feel. It's something different and keeps the flow of the game going during breaks, etc. But it wouldn't hurt to mix in some instrumentals, with some other music.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Does anyone else think the new uniforms look like complete typical Nike/adidas template crap? There'll be about 20 teams across the country with the same exact uniform.
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
that is wrong. no team will have these. we got these made by pro look, not nike. coach jones designed it.. they have the same look as the mcdonals jersesy's. i'll bet that no one has those jerseys. no one ever had those before. i like them, and so do the players.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Wow, you contradict yourself like crazy, in the same sentence no less.

"they have the same look as the mcdonals jersesy's. i'll bet that no one has those jerseys."

They look like crap, especially the shorts halfway down to the ankles. I didn't know basketball played in capris. Is this men's tennis now?
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
when you said "in the country" i thought you ment another team in the NCAA. and even if they do have them, you said about 20 teams would have them... no team in the ncaa will have these jerseys
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
I particularyly like the Carolina style jersey. They are close in resemblace every season.....not typical of our jersey's nor our team :lol:
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
We don't have to get into that......The only thing I will say to that is I PRAY WE WIN...

if you wanna know, read all my posts
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
I'm not big on the shorts to the ankles deal. I know that's what AND1 basketball culture has produced but I think it's a little crazy.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
I think you were the first person to actually to say what they really thought. It generalizes and stereotypes the athletes, but it is a good assumption.....It is going to be one interesting year in LU basketball.....
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
It's the truth.

I like watching AND1, its entertaining. But it's provided a false idea of what the game of basketball is. It's not a race thing. There are white, black, asian, whatever involved with AND1. It's a selfish game on the court for these guys and it's going to be a problem getting the "AND1 Generation" to buy into your program.

Just my two cents, I guess.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
man you racist :wink:
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
I hate everyone equally.

Don't worry.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
Why dont we have the marching band at basketball games??? That seems to be the norm at most of the larger schools.
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
no, it's the pep band. and they are there.... well sorta. i think they should wear school colors and do chants with the crowd or maybe even be in the crowd.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
The "sweet 16" or whatever they call it now does a good job, IMO.

The leading in chants, etc. is the cheerleaders job. We may be the only cheerless cheerleading squad in all of the NCAAs.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
Well, we don't put fans in the stands.......I still think the band should play in home games. It would be much louder than the pep band
2024 Season Thread

Nice breakdown. Sounds like a promising class

2025 Recruiting Discussion

https://www.aseaofred.com/2025-cb-uriah-points-com[…]

This year's men’s basketball?

Ben Southerland is going to Wright State. A bit of[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

I'll just leave this here: https://www.gazettenet[…]