If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
From what last season looked like, he didn't tell anyone to play defense
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
I think RD isn't trying to run players off, but I don't think he always has the players best interest and that is what matters.
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
jmdickens wrote:I think RD isn't trying to run players off, but I don't think he always has the players best interest and that is what matters.
If a coach always has the players best interest in mind and doesn't win, then he loses his job. Ask Karcher about that one. To paraphrase coach's comments from last week, "It's all about the win."
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
David Dees was helping us win, and he said he left because RD didn't have the players interest in mind
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Forgive me if I have this screwed up, but didn't David leave so he could go somewhere and just shoot and not have a coach bothering him with talk of playing defense? That was certainly his prerogative and we all wish him well with the Cajuns. But if a player thinks just putting up numbers will get him in the association out of college he is sadly mistaken. If you can't 'd' unless you are a flat out superstar you will be lucky to land gigs in Turkley or Latvia. So I would personally consider pushing a player to d-up would be in that player's best interests and more importantly in the team's best interests.

I realize today's cottled athletes, who have been brainwashed by AAU coaches into thinking everything is about themselves putting up numbers and everything else like winning and making teammates better is way down the list, have very little interest in being anywhere they actually have to work on something besides cherrypicking and jacking 3-balls. But welcome to the real world. Thankfully I believe we have plenty of guys on our squad who have grown up while at Liberty and have overcome this mindset.

As for Larry, Eastern Oklahoma? Sheesh, he must really be homesick to go to that horrendous place. But if that is where he wants to be then I wish him the best.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LU'sbestmanager wrote:don't even do that haize, these guys are great people. if you don't know them don't say anything. they are not thugs, they are good guys. no one ever comes to coach D with complaints about how the guys are doing wrong.
Manger, obviously you are not quite attuned to the subtleties of the english language.
For the record, let me state, I can say anything I darn well please within the bounds of good taste (and just a little on the outside) If you re read the comment you will notice that it is "tongue in cheek" (I should probably stop now)
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Keep praying AG keep prayin
this sounds like you are trying to say that coach did bring in bad players for a W
2024 Season Thread

Nice breakdown. Sounds like a promising class

2025 Recruiting Discussion

https://www.aseaofred.com/2025-cb-uriah-points-com[…]

This year's men’s basketball?

Ben Southerland is going to Wright State. A bit of[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

I'll just leave this here: https://www.gazettenet[…]