If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Ok I believe I have spoken to just about every guard that has ever put on a Liberty jersey in the last few days. Chris Toomer and Rodney Harden are 2 more commitments. For you youngsters, Toomer was the starting shooting quard with Hildo after Alston and I were finished. They won the 94 championship in the Big South. Harden is a former teammate of mine and at 5-8 was tough as nails. His brother Roger played at Kentucky in the mid 80's.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Sounds like quite a field, Scar. You are making it even toughe ron me since its not looking good for me to make the trip. Do the other guys on the squad know that BA gets all the shots? :D
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Sly, I was actually thinking of making you a big part of thing. We may need an MC for Midnight madness and it dawned on me that if you were gonna be there that you would be great! Try to work it out man...and it won't take BA long to get back into what he does best. Shoot first ask questions later. He told me he is still working out and lifting and running but he is a golfer now. Shoots in the 80's and he only started 5 years ago. I know Flo Jo is his cousin so that accounts for the speed. I guess Tiger must be a distant relative as well.
By 47 / 5-2
Registration Days
scar -
am i an insider??? i'm just a man that when the ball goes up, you want on your side! i'm also a pipeline of future talent, connections and influence!
chris -
two things. one, tell me how much you miss substation pizza! two, i can't believe you still keep in contact with wiley. i actually thought that he was before your time. i am confident, that even as i type, drew is sitting on a stoop somewhere talkin' up a big game. is he on here?
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Ok 47 and a half, you need to hit me up and reveal yourself :) If you know Drew Wiley, then we have to be friends! You pegged him too. He can talk up his game man. We had a trip down memory lane for a whole quarter of the homecoming game last year. He is also friends with one of my nephews that attended Liberty for about a minute and a half....Sly, think about the MC gig man.
By 47 / 5-2
Registration Days
who was your cousin? claude? oche? i'll be honest. i think we did meet once or twice back in the day, but nothing more then what's up. drew was a cool cat. we would spend hours dissecting people's games. unfortunately, for both of us, we should have talked and worked out at the same time:). claude was cool with me, but only because drew was. oche was a cool, calm, collective beast. he didn't talk much, but didn't need too.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
It was my nephew but people always assume my nephews are my cousins or little brothers cause they are not much younger than me. My nephew is Frantzer LeBlanc. He was here back in 98 I think. He may be coming down for homecoming as well. I remember Claude but I don't remember Oche.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Hey, you don't have to convince me it'd be great to come. Its just not looking like I can work things out down here on my end.

I'd love to see the old hag squad take care of these young pups. :)
By tshirtman
Registration Days Posts
Scar
Is fat leg able to come or is he busy with VMI
Also when is a good time to get together about this
We are staring on some artwork for the shirts
What is the date and give me a list of names of the players coming with the years they played

watch out for 47/5-2 he is a nut. just kidding
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Allison may be able to play since it is a Friday night. I am still working on the list but it is getting pretty long. I will be in town this weekend. Maybe we can meet then T shirt.
By Formerplayer
Registration Days Posts
47 / 5-2 wrote:scar -
am i an insider??? i'm just a man that when the ball goes up, you want on your side! i'm also a pipeline of future talent, connections and influence!
chris -
two things. one, tell me how much you miss substation pizza! two, i can't believe you still keep in contact with wiley. i actually thought that he was before your time. i am confident, that even as i type, drew is sitting on a stoop somewhere talkin' up a big game. is he on here?
47/52, I will always love substation pizza, that was the best. Drew and i talk and or see each other every week to play ball at the run and shoot out here. He's still talking about ball as always matter of fact we talked today and other than homecoming that was our main topic of discussion. He's not on here but I will let him know the site.
By Killn'emsoftly
Registration Days Posts
I just got word Fat leg will be in the building... who is boyz with claude & oche??? I use to run them all the time... anybody remember Ray Quan???
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
FAT Leg is also a proud father now too so congrats to him. He and D Hall are gonna have us all in stitches on Friday night. BTW Killen em, when I talked to D Hall I got him with the "who game" but before the conversation was over, being the pro that he is, he got me too.
By tshirtman
Registration Days Posts
Scar
How many guy and who has said they will be there
Let me know
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Yo t-shirt, I have a spreadsheet that I can send you. PM me your email address and I will send it to you. We are looking at around 30 plus guys but not everyone will be playing. I think Coach Zach Jones is getting a bunch of tshirts for everyone.
By Killn'emsoftly
Registration Days Posts
Scar, sorry to bust your bubble but Fat Leg will not make it over, apparently VMI opens practice on that Friday night. I heard if Fat leg wasn't coming neither is D-Hall cause they are boys and BT definitely will not be there.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Whoa, we are hemorraging players fast! Somebody get me a turnakit. Medic? That's cool Killen em. I knew the guys that are college coaches were gonna have a tough time getting to Lynchburg even though Allison is only an hour away or so. It's cool though. I figured if D Hall wasn't coming then BT wouldn't either. We still should have over 30 guys though. I have to try to start playing a little more these next 2 weeks. Gotta represent. I hear some guys are running everyday and others have asked me if we were gonna play hard and I told them of course. Now I have to get ready for that. :lol:
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
tourniquet
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Yea, I knew I was spelling that one wrong. If I am using the GMTM scale I could easily afford that one spelling error and still be considered somewhat intelligent in the eyes of Jasmine our Spelling Nazi.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
SCAR wrote:If I am using the GMTM scale I could easily afford that one spelling error...
or twelve
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
Medic you must want those tickets next weak???
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
givemethemic wrote:Medic you must want those tickets next weak???
week

:twisted:
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
I thought you might like that!!!!
By stoppinby
Registration Days Posts
Scar,
Has he confirmed he will grace us with his presence for the game? Last I heard he still did not know!
2024 Season Thread

Nice breakdown. Sounds like a promising class

2025 Recruiting Discussion

https://www.aseaofred.com/2025-cb-uriah-points-com[…]

This year's men’s basketball?

Ben Southerland is going to Wright State. A bit of[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

I'll just leave this here: https://www.gazettenet[…]