If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
nobody wants to cheer for a team losing by 20.....
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
how many times did we lose by 20 at home?
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
To answer your question, we never lost to a team by 20 at home. However, there were 5 games in which we lost by 10 or more points at home. We were 3-5 in conference at home last year with the average margin of victory being -5.125 points.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
jmdickens wrote:nobody wants to cheer for a team losing by 20.....

yeah its tough cheering for a team that is not that good, but if you are a "true" fan, you stick it out through thick and thin.
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
I want to see the OU game to see the effort we put in.
Last edited by A.G. on November 13th, 2006, 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I don't really do anything out of the ordinary anymore. I feel funny when I yell stuff since I'm not a student, but I do the regular cheering and stuff.

But when I was a student. I heckled all kinds of people. That's why I liked to sit where I did. Because I could jaw at the players during warmups. There's nothing wrong with it if you keep it clean. I also keep the Jesus and God comments out of it because that LU bush league stuff. I'd expect it out of a freshman. I like to think my heckling is soley responsible for keeping "peanut" (I cant even remember his name anymore) from RU to a goose-egg beyond the arch in the first half of the '03 semis. He later went on to light it up in the 2nd when they were shooting away from our end and we lost. But everytime he made a key basket he looked over at us and smiled because he was frustrated with us in the 1st half. In fact, I'd go so far as to say heckling a specific player during the game is what seperates cheering during a basketball game vs a football game. The only problem I have with it is some people take it too far just like with everything else. So why should that stop you.

Also organized cheers are dumb. Especially if they're written out before the game.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
bigsmooth wrote: yeah its tough cheering for a team that is not that good, but if you are a "true" fan, you stick it out through thick and thin.
see any post- ever- about being a Philly fan.

or talk to me and/or SCAR
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
Trust me. I'm a Redskins fan. I know about thick and thin.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
good game yesterday at the Linc, no?

8)
2024 Season Thread

Nice breakdown. Sounds like a promising class

2025 Recruiting Discussion

https://www.aseaofred.com/2025-cb-uriah-points-com[…]

This year's men’s basketball?

Ben Southerland is going to Wright State. A bit of[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

I'll just leave this here: https://www.gazettenet[…]