If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
ab-ject Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ab-jekt, ab-jekt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–adjective 1. utterly hopeless, miserable, humiliating, or wretched: abject poverty.
2. contemptible; despicable; base-spirited: an abject coward.
3. shamelessly servile; slavish.
4. Obsolete. cast aside.

Nice word, wrong usage.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
I love LU football....No negative feedback. Sorry, I grew up being taught that it was okay to win, not be mediocre
By lureal
Registration Days Posts
2nd 1st 2nd is not winning? Football is much improved great win today but they may not do what dunton did in year one by finishing 2nd in BSC. Dunton will have a lot of support when this team gets to Feb. Did you see his interview at halftime of the women's game? He is responsible for a ton of community invovlement and the Faith in the Furnace is a huge opportunity for this campus to continue to come together with positive eternal growth for all of us.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
With a win next week the team finishes in 2nd for the season. Just pointing out something you were wrong on.
By lureal
Registration Days Posts
SJ that will be great and I'll will give Coach Rocco the credit. No matter what happens it has been a big turn around. It is refreshing to watch our defense. Coach D will have a team that is a tough out by March if we stay healthy ala Rashard Jennings.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I respect that opinion; I just wanted to make sure you knew that Rocco was doing what Dunton did in his first year this year.
By lureal
Registration Days Posts
so i ask that Dunton be given the respect for his achievements. thanks.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I haven't knocked Dunton. I have said that I don't know enough about the team to form an opinion yet. I know what a lot of students think about Dunton and I have mentioned that, but you have never seen me make a statement about Dunton on this board.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
To LU's credit, I think Cedarville's team was coached extremely well. If they had some guys with more talent, this team would have buried us. They played discipline basketball, something we've yet to learn.
By lureal
Registration Days Posts
td what do you call the first half an undisciplined 41-21 womping?
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
dickens always says ___ and we played really good in the first half and came out flat. anyone that knows coach knows he hates that and he will make sure that that won't happen. he did a great job this week at making sure that they didn't start the game off flat.

(who ever said that they dont see a good ball handler) you don't think that BJ can handle the rock?
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
It's still funny when someone calls someone else a __ _______.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
It should have been worse. That CU team, talent wise, shouldn't have even been on the floor in a D1 building. For their credit, they played very well with what they had.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
I think BJ needs to be a tad more agressive. That comes with experience, though.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
whmatthews wrote:It's still funny when someone calls someone else a __ _______.

If you have 7 minutes in the pool for "How long until ___ ____ will be edited" then you win.

I got three minutes on this one.

[Edit: I was folding laundry ... cut me some slack - Sly]
By lureal
Registration Days Posts
td Cedarville has four div1 players and will make a run at the National Championship in NAIA. they have full scholarships too. beat Athletes in Action earlier and Wright ST a year ago. the coach thinks this is their best team ever! the coach told coach d they have never been so dominated as the first half defensively.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
I must have been watching another game. The stat-sheet just shows the numbers. CU had a ton of open looks and just missed them. They ran a solid offense but come on, they're talent level isn't anywhere near ours.

Regardless, let's focus in on LU's team.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:
whmatthews wrote:It's still funny when someone calls someone else a __ _______.

If you have 7 minutes in the pool for "How long until ___ ____ will be edited" then you win.

I got three minutes on this one.

[Edit: I was folding laundry ... cut me some slack - Sly]
Sorry, this made me laugh.
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
I wasn't the first to say ___ _______.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Six minutes.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
Sly? Folding laundry? Well, atleast we know who wears the apron in the Sly household..
By lureal
Registration Days Posts
we worn them down for sure and should have. finish our easy one in second half and it is more comfortable. that will come as they play together more.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Hurry up and edit it Sly. It's been five minutes.
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
I'm on the verge of breaking some kind of record!
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I lost.
2024 Season Thread

Nice breakdown. Sounds like a promising class

2025 Recruiting Discussion

https://www.aseaofred.com/2025-cb-uriah-points-com[…]

This year's men’s basketball?

Ben Southerland is going to Wright State. A bit of[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

I'll just leave this here: https://www.gazettenet[…]