If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
i hope i won't have to see last year this year.
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
thesportscritic wrote:i hope i won't have to see last year this year.
If you do, many new faces will you see next year.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
i meant seeing our disasterous season from last year.
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
thesportscritic wrote:i meant seeing our disasterous season from last year.
OK. In non-Yoda talk. If we see a repeat, there will be many new faces next year.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
nickrichard wrote: I know this has been discused here before, but again, remember that the MAJORITY of the players he won the championship with were from Hankinson era. I definately feel that this year is the tell tale year. Is his contract up at the end of this year?
Not True. The only Hankinson leftovers from 04 were Sarchett, Turner and Snead. LB, Dees, Martin, Monceaux, Mantlo, Lightbourne, Woodson were all RD recruits. Besides, the Hankinson left overs didn't even play much for Hankinson.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I think the loss of David Dees hurt this team more then anybody says, that was the #2 scoring option for Larry...and they didn't have that last year and things just went south from there....this year will be a better year, they will be very competive...ok, time to go eat and then head to the Vines to see this team for myself
Agreed about David being a big loss. What about Elijah Miller and Rashad Robinson leaving school? 2 big bodies that we could have used last year. I believe last year was an anomoly and not the norm. I think this team is better and we will get results. One other thing. David Dees was the 1st option not the second. Ask anyone in the program back then. Dees was the go to guy down the stretch not LB. Their stats were comparable in almost every category except Dees had a much better shooting percentage due to his ability to stick people in the basket in the post. Very huge loss for the Flames IMHO.
By mrich
Registration Days Posts
And who is to blame for the loss of Dees? I agree with Dees on the fact that Larry Blair was always Dunton's chosen one. In their sophomore year it was obvious that Dees was an all around better player. He had bulked up and was starting to dunk on people, which is something that Larry will never do. Even though David may have made a wrong decision, why did it have to go there. Why didn't the coaching staff have a better relationship with him. Actually, this was the summer that the coaching staff had a mass exodus. So with that said, there is only one name that comes to name. In fact, maybe David is the smarter one!
2024 Season Thread

Nice breakdown. Sounds like a promising class

2025 Recruiting Discussion

https://www.aseaofred.com/2025-cb-uriah-points-com[…]

This year's men’s basketball?

Ben Southerland is going to Wright State. A bit of[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

I'll just leave this here: https://www.gazettenet[…]