If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
No one has said anything....yet. It was funny today seeing one of the managers come in to see if Alex and Anthony were in class.....
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
well buck(academic advisor) and tommy(graduate assistant) do that everyday
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
I am in class everyday by the door, and today was the first time it happened. I only mean that class, not in general....

oh, a prediction.....I believe at least 2 players will leave before the start of next semester
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The perpetual optimist. :lol:
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
well, we all know Franklin is going back to Oklahoma, and it seems that Bannister is not happy with the Liberty Way.....
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
I can't speak for all of them.. but I'm in class with several of the basketball players and none of them have been disrespectful to anyone. They get bombarded with questions about the program, etc. and have been nothing but class.

I would rather have this program produce men of integrity and character than win 30 games per season. As much as i'd would be nice to win like that every year, winning fades but the sharpening of a persons integrity lasts forever.

With that being said, here's to doing both!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
jmdickens wrote:well, we all know Franklin is going back to Oklahoma, and it seems that Bannister is not happy with the Liberty Way.....
Wouldn't Franklin be going to Texas unless there is some school in Okie-land that would take him (perhaps Oklahome Baptist)?
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Is Larry Franklin gone? I call myself an insider and I didn't know this? I must be slipping.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
I can't believe we lost another player. What is going on in this program that we keep loosing players like this. We loose so many it is hard for me to keep track of. I hope that this is not a false rumor ounce again.
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
If those--or any other player leaves--because they don't like the rules--then just get the heck out. I'd rather them leave than stay and possibly stain the program.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Are we picking up the wrong type of players or is LU just too strict on them. None of the other sports programs at LU right now have a problem with this magnitude.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Before everyone starts to get their panties in a twist, do we know for a fact he is gone? It started with someone saying "we all know larry franklin is going back to oklahoma" to it being a fact that he is gone.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
hey jcmanson, once again you cannot prove me wrong. He told me yesterday......I didn't even have to ask, he approached me and said it to my face..
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Stevev wrote:Are we picking up the wrong type of players or is LU just too strict on them. None of the other sports programs at LU right now have a problem with this magnitude.
The one thing you have to realize is that there are only 12-14 players on the basketball team. If four of them screw up, it's a huge deal cause that's around 1/3 of the team. If four players on the football team screw up it's not as big of a deal because that's 4 out of 63.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
It's not always the players screwing up.....It can be the coaches as well....That is what happened to David Dees
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
jmdickens wrote:hey jcmanson, once again you cannot prove me wrong. He told me yesterday......I didn't even have to ask, he approached me and said it to my face..
woah, calm down a little bit. You can't blame us for being skeptical. There's been no official word and you're just some guy on the internet who's been known to be a bit on the negative side in the first place. I believe you but for no other reason than I don't think anybody would be pathetic enough to lie about such a thing. Then again, I didn't think former coaches would be pathetic enough to come on an internet messageboard and trash the current one... *cough* allegedly.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Dickens, I wasn't trying to prove you wrong. I just wanted to make sure we knew the facts before everyone started assuming he was gone. If he said it to your face, then he said it to your face, and he's not coming back.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
If you were at the Midnight Madness, or whatever Friday was, you would have noticed his name was never announced...
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
I was there, and I did notice that. I didn't know what that was about though. I thought maybe he hadn't qualified or something of the sort.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
The one thing you have to realize is that there are only 12-14 players on the basketball team. If four of them screw up, it's a huge deal cause that's around 1/3 of the team. If four players on the football team screw up it's not as big of a deal because that's 4 out of 63.

Okay, for an apples to apples comparison you don't see the women's team loose this many players to attrition, grades, or personal issues do you? Their has to be a problem somewhere in the program for this to keep happening every year. Right now I don't know what it is so I won't even try to guess what it is. I just want to know who the heck is screwing up here.
Last edited by Stevev on October 18th, 2006, 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By TallyW
Registration Days Posts
It's called Testosterone and the pressure to win.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Comparing women to men in terms of coping with the Liberty Way/Authority in general is not apples to apples.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
We know what it is.....there were some players who were sketchy, or players who couldn't qualify; however, there are problems because of the coaching as well
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
What, Did RD tell him to play defense too? The outrage.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Comparing women to men in terms of coping with the Liberty Way/Authority in general is not apples to apples.

Is the LU way or authority the issue here or are their other issues in the program.
2024 Season Thread

Nice breakdown. Sounds like a promising class

2025 Recruiting Discussion

https://www.aseaofred.com/2025-cb-uriah-points-com[…]

This year's men’s basketball?

Ben Southerland is going to Wright State. A bit of[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

I'll just leave this here: https://www.gazettenet[…]