If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Isn't Sweet on the university's board these days? Doesn't he still pastor that big church over in the Hampton Roads somewhere?
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
SCAR - Am i not on your top roster? I would dunk on everyone you mentioned. I need to be in the Alumni game. What about Pothovan????
By hurricane fan
Registration Days Posts
No Ed Gomes on these lists?????? He's a bulldog on defense
By hurricane fan
Registration Days Posts
No Ed Gomes on these lists?????? He's a bulldog on defense
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
im sure steady eddie gomes will be there!
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote:SCAR - Am i not on your top roster? I would dunk on everyone you mentioned. I need to be in the Alumni game. What about Pothovan????
Actually Potty will probably be there. Proto you can be a stunt double for me.
By tshirtman
Registration Days Posts
Scar
What about the best manager in LU history BIG B being behind the bench.
Starting five
Blue team Red Team
Coach: Meyer Coach:Dunton
Chris Tumer G Larry Jackson
Matt Hildo G Eric Pot
Julius C Peter
Jody Chap F Eric Soro
Barry Taylor F Darren Hall

Honorable Mention
The whole 94 team not listed
    By Formerplayer
    Registration Days Posts
    LUconn wrote:Like I always say, really only a few folks on this board are able to rank all time stuff because of how long they've been watching the program but I've always thought that LU's most underrated player is and will always be Vincent Okotie. That guy would have taken the last 2 LU squads to the finals. Height, athletisicm, a sweet jumper and an unstopable left hand. Unfortunatley he and any legacy he might have left was destroyed by Mel. He's always been one of my favorites. Especially from a dark era.
    Hey guys it's been a while. What's going on Scar, Sly, Luconn, and Pamedic. Scar I tried calling you the other day but I got busy really quick and had to hang up. I will hit you up this weekend though. Are you going to home-coming? I'll be there, I'm trying to get my wife to come down but I don't think she's coming.

Just to add my few cents, LUconn Vince didn't have a left hand at all, I wish he did. He was a tough player if he and I had a little more chemistry on the floor we would have won a few more games if Mel would have allowed that :evil: .
    By Formerplayer
    Registration Days Posts
    TallyW wrote:Scar... sorry.. it wasn't me.

I would suspect there could be some sort of Rabbit trail... talk to Caldwell... he'd have Sneed...etc.?
    Scar I just talked to Sneed the other day. Let me know what I can do. I talked to Phil and Moe last week too. Moe may be on his way overseas soon.
    By TIMSCAR20
    Registration Days Posts
    Nice Former Player. Lets talk this weekend. I was actually depending on you to get some of the Hankinson era guys that you still keep in touch with. It would be good to see Mo Watkins and Phil and the boys. I know Louvon is coming for sure. It looks like we may have the game on Friday night before Midnight Madness. I think we can do a big event and have the guys show up to play a quick game. I can't play a full game and I don't think the fans want to see us for that long either. BTW if I pick, I gotta take you and Riber and Jason Allison if he can make it over from VMI. That way I won't have to guard you guys :wink: Just know Riber likes to shoot if you are on his team (kidding Reebs).
    By LUconn
    Registration Days Posts
    Formerplayer wrote:
    LUconn wrote:Like I always say, really only a few folks on this board are able to rank all time stuff because of how long they've been watching the program but I've always thought that LU's most underrated player is and will always be Vincent Okotie. That guy would have taken the last 2 LU squads to the finals. Height, athletisicm, a sweet jumper and an unstopable left hand. Unfortunatley he and any legacy he might have left was destroyed by Mel. He's always been one of my favorites. Especially from a dark era.
    Hey guys it's been a while. What's going on Scar, Sly, Luconn, and Pamedic. Scar I tried calling you the other day but I got busy really quick and had to hang up. I will hit you up this weekend though. Are you going to home-coming? I'll be there, I'm trying to get my wife to come down but I don't think she's coming.

Just to add my few cents, LUconn Vince didn't have a left hand at all, I wish he did. He was a tough player if he and I had a little more chemistry on the floor we would have won a few more games if Mel would have allowed that :evil: .
    What? I thought he was left handed. Maybe I'm thinking of Souleymane Wane. Oh well, I still liked him.
    By Formerplayer
    Registration Days Posts
    SCAR wrote:Nice Former Player. Lets talk this weekend. I was actually depending on you to get some of the Hankinson era guys that you still keep in touch with. It would be good to see Mo Watkins and Phil and the boys. I know Louvon is coming for sure. It looks like we may have the game on Friday night before Midnight Madness. I think we can do a big event and have the guys show up to play a quick game. I can't play a full game and I don't think the fans want to see us for that long either. BTW if I pick, I gotta take you and Riber and Jason Allison if he can make it over from VMI. That way I won't have to guard you guys :wink: Just know Riber likes to shoot if you are on his team (kidding Reebs).
    Sounds good Scar let me know what time Friday so I can leave out a little early, but I plan on being there for sure.
    By Formerplayer
    Registration Days Posts
    Scar,
    you know Kenneth Anaboneum, and Adam Hopkins are still in the are.
    By nickrichard
    Registration Days Posts
    tshirtman wrote:Scar
    What about the best manager in LU history BIG B being behind the bench.
    Starting five
    Blue team Red Team
    Coach: Meyer Coach:Dunton
    Chris Tumer G Larry Jackson
    Matt Hildo G Eric Pot
    Julius C Peter
    Jody Chap F Eric Soro
    Barry Taylor F Darren Hall

Honorable Mention
    The whole 94 team not listed
      OK, since nobody else picked up on this: Darren Hall? That's funny!
      By TIMSCAR20
      Registration Days Posts
      D Hall may be showing up for this game. I have Jason Allison trying to talk him into it. That is my man. That guy should have been an entertainer. I didn't realize Adam Hopkins was in Lynchburg. I have Kenneth's number so I hope he will show up that night. FormerPlayer the game will probably be late in the evening like 10:30 or 11 PM with the team showing up at 12 midnight. I am gonna start calling more folks this weekend and get a headcount for the basketball office. It is gonna be a blast. Glad you guys are coming. I hope we have so many guys that we can't get everyone on the court. We need that kind of spirit back in our program.
      By JReebs
      Registration Days Posts
      SCAR wrote:Nice Former Player. Lets talk this weekend. I was actually depending on you to get some of the Hankinson era guys that you still keep in touch with. It would be good to see Mo Watkins and Phil and the boys. I know Louvon is coming for sure. It looks like we may have the game on Friday night before Midnight Madness. I think we can do a big event and have the guys show up to play a quick game. I can't play a full game and I don't think the fans want to see us for that long either. BTW if I pick, I gotta take you and Riber and Jason Allison if he can make it over from VMI. That way I won't have to guard you guys :wink: Just know Riber likes to shoot if you are on his team (kidding Reebs).
      I've never been afraid to let it fly Play Basketball
      By 47 / 5-2
      Registration Days
      whatever you do, make sure tshirtman stays on the sideline passing out towels. careers could be ended by what he calls his "biggest asset".
      By TIMSCAR20
      Registration Days Posts
      Do we have another basketball insider in our midst? 47 1/2 if you know T-Shirt man and his biggest asset then you could be an insider. I won't guess who you are though. T-Shirt man may be the one supplying our shirts for the game that night. He is also getting me a football and a baseball jersey that weekend. Can't wait.
      By tshirtman
      Registration Days Posts
      SCAR
      We need to get together and really push this marketing.
      Good $ maker for the program.
      Give me an email about this.

What about
      Darrius Hunter
      D williams or is he over seas
      Teddy
      Pasqule Flore THIS IS NOT RIGHT
      Big Maxie
      Edwin Miller
      marcus white???
      BOO ???
      Che???
      Joey Thacker (Old school)
      By tshirtman
      Registration Days Posts
      47/5-2 watch it, I wouldn't talk about big jerk-etts. Are you coming for homecoming loser. Email me.
      By TIMSCAR20
      Registration Days Posts
      tshirtman wrote:SCAR

What about
      Darrius Hunter
      Teddy
      Big Maxie
      Edwin Miller
      marcus white???
      BOO ???
      Che???
      Darryl Williams is here in Richmond and works for Wachovia. Trying to run him down. Maybe Toomer can tell me where Darius is. I have a call out to Teddy Mcclain's cousin. Maxie is in town. I need to get him on the list. Edwin Miller may come. Boo, Che not sure where those guys are. Joey Thacker may come if Jody Chapman keeps in touch with him. Jason Allison is reaching out to Marco. I talked with D Hall and he and Barry Taylor are coming down from MD. This is gonna be fun! Tshirt I will get with you later. We will do this thing right.
      By TIMSCAR20
      Registration Days Posts

What about
      Darrius Hunter
      Teddy
      Big Maxie
      Edwin Miller
      marcus white???
      BOO ???
      Che???
      I need to get Maxie on the list. Edwin may come. Jody Chapman is helping me get in touch with folks. I talked with D Hall tonight and he and Barry Taylor are probably gonna drive down that friday night. We need to get together tshirt man and get this thing done right!
      By TIMSCAR20
      Registration Days Posts
      Ok,

I got a verbal commitment from BA and he is signing his letter of intent this wee...I mean he is coming to the alumni game! I also talked with Terry Falwell and he is helping me round up some of the Gomes era guys. We should have a pretty good turnout for this. Alston says he is running and lifting and staying in shape so I may have to trade Reebs for Alston. Going with the old vet over youth. Seriously though this is big in my eyes to start getting guys like BA to come to events like this.
      By Formerplayer
      Registration Days Posts
      SCAR wrote:

What about
      Darrius Hunter
      Teddy
      Big Maxie
      Edwin Miller
      marcus white???
      BOO ???
      Che???
      I need to get Maxie on the list. Edwin may come. Jody Chapman is helping me get in touch with folks. I talked with D Hall tonight and he and Barry Taylor are probably gonna drive down that friday night. We need to get together tshirt man and get this thing done right!
      Scar I talked to Andrew Wiley he's coming down with me to homecoming he told me he can get in contact with Che, and he told me Marcus is suppose to be there. I will call you later today though.
      By TIMSCAR20
      Registration Days Posts
      Man I didn't even think to call Drew! He knows everyone. That would be nice to see Che Lugo. Marco is coming? Man this is gonna be fun! I wish I could have seen some of us in our prime at the same time. Marco, Alston, Caldwell, Jackson, etc. That would be one interesting game. Call me later. We are trying to get a good count of who is coming so they can get the shirts ordered and also set up the alumni basketball tailgate. That sounds like it is gonna be huge! Also let me know who is bringing their families. They are all welcome to the tailgate.

Rumor has it that we might be wearing our old jerseys...Just kidding. Those shorts would be too obscene.
      2024 Season Thread

Nice breakdown. Sounds like a promising class

2025 Recruiting Discussion

https://www.aseaofred.com/2025-cb-uriah-points-com[…]

This year's men’s basketball?

Ben Southerland is going to Wright State. A bit of[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

I'll just leave this here: https://www.gazettenet[…]