If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Who says you need to be vocal to be a leader? Perhaps the strong silent type does not interest you but just because you ARE vocal does not make you a leader and just b/c you are NOT vocal doesn't mean you are not a leader. You can be a leader by your example. Is he in the weight room everyday? Is he working on his weaknesses? Does he work well with others? Is he respected by his team? Those things are more valuable to being a leader then wheter or not he is vocal. I have seen sooo many "leaders" who are "vocal" and have no respect b/c they don't back up what they purport to be advocating
By Realist
Registration Days Posts
I just wanted to say leader again, since the word leader has been used about 4,132 times in the last two posts. Leader.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
OK Realist Fill in the blank:

Follow the _____________
Line _______________
_________ follow or get out of the way
Industry _______________
____________ of the pack
Political _____________
Two ____________ (ok it sounds like it LOL)
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
brewington is really a great leader, he tries to teach smitty everything he knows, rell porter is an excelent leader, and as for my man LBeezy!!!!! when we have pregame meal a few hours before the game, everyone goes upstairs into the team room to eat, while LB is down on the court taking shots while his dad rebounds for him. that is a great way to LEAD by example. dont be surprised if you see smitty doing alot of that with him. Anthony also got alot of his practice habbits from larry as well. if you came to practice late in the year larry started to learn how to be a better leader and was really getting on russel to try and make him better. he also did the same with smitty and j-holland. he really wasnt used to the leader role and it was something he had to grow into. remember he had a great leader on his team in his first 2 years in brian woodson.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:You and SCAR are really white, you're not allowed to say it either.

SJ, don't get it twisted. I still got my ghetto card. Just because I can speak the kings English and behave like a professional doesn't mean I can't get straight ethinic on you in a minute. I have just learned how to adapt in "your world." Ask the Police what color I am. I have been pulled over more times than Rodney King :lol:
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Leadership is a subjective thing but I have been around LB his whole career as well and I would say that he was a leader last year but by our Tyler fan's definition Larry was not vocal enough for his taste. I think Larry was vocal at times but he is not a rah rah guy. I still say he is a leader. Leader. (that was for my boy Realist. Sup man!).
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
I think LB has shown himself as a leader by example. He gives 110% all the time. That speaks volumes in itself.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
i too have a ghetto pass, though not nearly a good a pass as my brotha SCAR! :D
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
What has this board come to? Bashing on LB? Without him we might not have won one game last year! He will go down as one of the best players to ever play here when he is all done. No, he's not perfect, noone is. There should be no bashing of LB, no matter what.

It was not Larry's fault that Dees left. Sure, I wish DD was still here, but he's not. Larry is. We must stand behind every player that puts on that Liberty jersey, if we want them to compete to the best of their ability night in, night out.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Larry is a good friend of mine and he is not only one of the best players I have seen in my 4 years, he is one of the classiest guys off the court. The guy would give you a ride if you needed it
By panfan01
Registration Days Posts
Blair has been, not only the best player at LU,but the best player in the conference the last 2 years.Without Blair LU is pretty much a big "zero" the last 2 years.In addition to being a great player he is a class act off the court.
Family Travel Obsession

I am with you, TH Spangler. I love the mountains i[…]

5 plus 7 model

[rob lowe voice]I am LITERALLY in Dublin next we[…]

Prayers please

My neighborhood in Gambrills was great. Great f[…]

The COVID-19 Megathread

Fauci Hearing 10 am today. https://oversight.hous[…]