If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Wow Critic, I don't think we watched the same game. I think you expect to blow out a team because it is division II so your expectation level was disproportionate to the reality at hand. Besides the fact that it was pre-season, that was a solid basketball team that will win a lot of basketball games this season. It was a 4 point game. I agree with SJ as a team, specifically on defense, Liberty was bad at times but good through some of it. I am looking at it from a coaches and analyst's perspective and I am not at all discouraged by what I saw.
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
Play Basketball WHAT SCAR SAID!
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
You guys are missing the big picture. Last season indicated the future of Liberty Basketball under Dunton, not this exhibition game
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
jmdickens wrote:You guys are missing the big picture. Last season indicated the future of Liberty Basketball under Dunton, not this exhibition game
An anomaly.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
Being the norm, or the koolaide drinker doesn't make you right
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
jmdickens wrote:Being the norm, or the koolaide drinker doesn't make you right
Oh, I've never claimed to be "Right." I am simply a firm believer in Coach Dunton and what he brings to the table, on and off the court. Last year was pretty much stale leftovers with mold all over it, but this year promises to be a smorgasbord.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
how many new players were on last years team??? How can that be left overs??
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
if you are a dunton follower, i would hope you wouldn't claim to be right 8)
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
How can you argue with the man's success in the Big South? You know, the conference that holds the key to us getting in the tournament which is the ultimate goal year in and year out for the team. What because we don't play well OOC, a part of the schedule that has nothing to do with us getting in the tournament which is the ultimate goal year in and year out for the team? You've got to start somwhere and we started off deep in a septic tank next to extended stay america (does anybody else smell that?). Ever since RD got here we've had plenty of ups and a few downs thrown in. Because of the complete trainwreck of a season he had last year, this year is a pivitol year for him in terms of where our program is headed but to pretend that he's been nothing but cancer since he's been here is having your head up Meyer's caboose.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
blah blah blah blah blah
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
So should we just say screw the OOC schedule and start in January with the Big South schedule since the OOC doesn't matter?
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
Easy big fella...didn't mean to upset you...Actually, yeah I do think Dunton is not a good coach. That plain and simple. It comes off as a hater, but I think I am just more realistic. I want to win, not compete in the big south. He has had one good year since he has been here. At other schools, .500 records don't get you contract extensions. Quit drinkin the Koolaide, switch to Haterade
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson, come watch the game. Then you can open your eyes and see the truth
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:So should we just say screw the OOC schedule and start in January with the Big South schedule since the OOC doesn't matter?
"It's called a jump-to-conclusions mat"

No. Obviously they have their importance with recruiting and public perception, but it's foolish to judge where Dunton is taking our program based on our overall record and how we do out of conference. That's the last step in getting national recognition as a decent program.
jmdickens wrote:but I think I am just more realistic. I want to win, not compete in the big south. He has had one good year since he has been here. At other schools, .500 records don't get you contract extensions.
Oh gosh, you're so realistic. Anybody and their mother can coach a team from dead last in the country to Gonzaga like levels in 4 years. Happens all the time. And what schools are you talking about? UCLA? I think your biggest mistake is comparing us to schools in better conferences. You think you're thinking big and rejecting mediocraty, but you're really just not realistic.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
SCAR wrote:Wow Critic, I don't think we watched the same game. I think you expect to blow out a team because it is division II so your expectation level was disproportionate to the reality at hand. Besides the fact that it was pre-season, that was a solid basketball team that will win a lot of basketball games this season. It was a 4 point game. I agree with SJ as a team, specifically on defense, Liberty was bad at times but good through some of it. I am looking at it from a coaches and analyst's perspective and I am not at all discouraged by what I saw.
no i expected us to rise to the challenge when we got behind and we didn't. I am very blunt SCAR. I guess you don't get that part about me. It was sloppy all around and Barton played better than us. It was sloppy to begin the game and it ended that way.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
you're also very nonspecific and say a lot of clichés.
Last edited by LUconn on November 7th, 2006, 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote:you're also very nonspecific and say a lot of Clichés
this is a message board. i will write anything i want :roll:
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
Gonzaga's first NCAA appearance was in 1995. That was a year after our first.. Thanks LUconn. So a team can do it? Also, being in our conference has nothing to do with it. So sucess is winning only in the Big South, not overall??? Wow, where are the priorities? We should want to b recognized nationally.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Quite frankly(;)), you sound like today's modern sports analysts. Isn't that what you're going for?
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
It just sounds like LUconn doesn't appreciate good basketball, on mediocrity
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
I think LUconn sounds like a parent at a little league baseball game. Angry to hear the truth that the their child (Dunton) is terrible
By pbow
Registration Days Posts
LUconn is not even making sense right now
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
No, I just recognize the blueprint of how to build a successful basketball program and it looks to me like we're following it with a few hurdles here and there. I hate to bring up a sore subject for me right now, but did Bengals fans complain about 2 straight 8-8 seasons from Marvin Lewis after suffering through what we call "the 14 year death march"? No, we were extatic because we could see where it was going. You are one of the few who see RD going in the wrong direction. I don't know RD or have any personal allegiance to him. I just know what I've seen his teams do.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
pbow wrote:LUconn is not even making sense right now
I know, I'm all over the place. Everytime I respond to someone another post appears inbetween mine and the person I'm talking to.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
jmdickens wrote:Gonzaga's first NCAA appearance was in 1995. That was a year after our first.. Thanks LUconn. So a team can do it? Also, being in our conference has nothing to do with it. So sucess is winning only in the Big South, not overall??? Wow, where are the priorities? We should want to b recognized nationally.
Dude you're so clueless. Can you think of anything that's happened with LU basketball between 95 and now? What a ridiculous statement.

Obviously I would like the team to be nationally recognized, but you have to build to it. And that happens through the conference first, nationally second.
2024 Season Thread

Nice breakdown. Sounds like a promising class

2025 Recruiting Discussion

https://www.aseaofred.com/2025-cb-uriah-points-com[…]

This year's men’s basketball?

Ben Southerland is going to Wright State. A bit of[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

I'll just leave this here: https://www.gazettenet[…]