If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
in convo last year before the season trying to get the fans support
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jmdickens wrote:Also, Dunton said last year he would boo the team this year if they weren't winning....I think with all the returning players, there should be more chemistry on the team. The game doesn't matter, the better TEAM won. We are going to have some good days and bad. I just know that RD will be gone if they don't heavily compete for the BSC championship this season
I believe the earlier posted article said we had "9 new faces" this year on a roster size of 18. Add to that the number of "new faces" last year and htere are not a lot of "veterans" on the team I think
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
thanks Haize, you hater.....I get called that all the time. I think we have the talent on paper, just not with the head coach. The players do not respond to him. Its a plethora of players, so the problem is obviously coming from the top. If you noticed, other teams are so much more disciplined than ours. the best thing I think I have ever seen Dunton do was pull Holland and not put him back in...I thank him for that
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
Let us at least look at the positives from last night.

#1 Alex looks like he can play the post
#2 Baker can play, not afraid to get hit crashing the boards
#3 We did not walk the ball up the court while cleaning the bottom of our shoes* sorry had to make teh joke
#4 We did have some intensity
#5 Smith and Blair look like they have gotten better

Negatives, too many too point out
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Oh I have been called worse than hater before. Not sure how that statement is a "hater" statement, I am just quoting the article. Goes back to my point of the article writer now being called a hater. BTW, why does being called a "hater" supposedly disqualify your opinion, (see ROCKET's response to the newbie) but posts by "Kool Aid" drinkers (ANY of LUbestmanger's posts) have perceived added credibility?
That is why I am firmly in the SCAR camp of "A lot of questions, let's just wait and see what the crock pot brings"
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
jmdickens wrote: the best thing I think I have ever seen Dunton do was pull Holland and not put him back in...I thank him for that
he didn't put justin back in
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
oh, I agree. I have respect for SCAR even if we don't agree. I know, I am often termed a hater on this board for a honest posts. I just can't stand the thought of being a tit sucker
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
LU'sbestmanager wrote:
jmdickens wrote: the best thing I think I have ever seen Dunton do was pull Holland and not put him back in...I thank him for that
That's exactly what Dickens said. You just said it a second time.
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: but posts by "Kool Aid" drinkers (ANY of LUbestmanger's posts) have perceived added credibility?
:roll: :oops:
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:
LU'sbestmanager wrote:
That's exactly what Dickens said. You just said it a second time.
oops
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jmdickens wrote:oh, I agree. I have respect for SCAR even if we don't agree. I know, I am often termed a hater on this board for a honest posts. I just can't stand the thought of being a tit sucker
I don't know...........sounds fun to me
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
I like being reminded of things I said, even if I was wrong. I try not to, so if I did say anything that was wrong, so just call me on it. Thanks manager.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
I do like to point out Bobby Buffalo lit up my high school just like he did Liberty last night
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
he lit up mine too! where did you go?
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Just read the entire thread. Not thinking of any one statement in particular, but I think some of the misinformation that I read on here from time to time is just incredable. Cheers.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
well in watching this game, i see a team that needs to work on playing defense and rebounding. make no mistake about it, barton is a good D2 team, but this is a game we should have won. i was impressed with what i saw from tyler baker and smitty, and mclean looked good in spurts. the 1-3-1 look defensively was good to see as well. i admire D for not bringing justin holland back in. his jawing was unacceptable. the referee gave him a chance to back off and stay quiet, but he kept on. i have said from the start that this team is highly talented, but can they play as a team? we will see. im not overly worried at this point, but this game is a cause for concern.
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
Barton plays ODU tonight.. hhmm

alot of people seem to like tyler and alex. good to see. i love the emotion that alex plays with and i like what tyler can bring to this team. Did anyone notice the good job that RP did against Atkinson(11)?
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
I can't comment much on the play of the game since I wasn't there, but I'm not suprised at all with the outcome. We have a bunch of new faces, while I'm not happy with the outcome, it will all be fine if this team wins the Big South championship. I know we have a long way to go before we get to that point, but this team has the talent to do it. Then again, we could be middle of the pack to the bottom. If that's what happens this year, then coach should be on the hot seat. I'm the biggest Dunton supporter our there, but it's time for him to take this team to the next level.
Last edited by jcmanson on November 6th, 2006, 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote: Then again, we could be middle of the pack to the bottom. If that's what happens this year, then coach should be on the hot seat. I'm the biggest Dunton supporter our there, but it's time for him to take this team.
WHAT HE SAID!!
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
AG I love the koolaid symbol. It is histerical. Now we need a Hater aid icon for Dickens and Haize (just kidding fellas).
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
Haize, the Ref was MC who T'd up Holland, you can also testify to this that the CVAC is a very well respected conference...
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
SCAR wrote:AG I love the koolaid symbol. It is histerical. Now we need a Hater aid icon for Dickens and Haize (just kidding fellas).
You ask, AG Delivers:

By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
AG that is good. You should sell that in the Vines Center :lol:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
A.G. wrote:
SCAR wrote:AG I love the koolaid symbol. It is histerical. Now we need a Hater aid icon for Dickens and Haize (just kidding fellas).
You ask, AG Delivers:

Funny stuff. But I am more of a Poweraide fan!!
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
So is there something for those of us who aren't drinking either, or is that just called water?
2025 Recruiting Discussion

https://www.aseaofred.com/2025-cb-uriah-points-com[…]

This year's men’s basketball?

Ben Southerland is going to Wright State. A bit of[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

I'll just leave this here: https://www.gazettenet[…]

2024 Season Thread

Thanks for the work you put into these. It is appr[…]