If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We have a player down here in Houston (in fact very close to my neighborhood) who we might want to keep an eye on:

Chris Hagan
5' 9" 165 lb Point Guard
Spring (TX) Westfield HS (Ranked anywhere from 3rd to 5th Nationally in various polls)

Rivals Profile
MVP of Great Florida Shootout in December 2005
Houston Chronicle - February 20th:

Cat-quick point guard Chris Hagan, who is trying to recover from a high-ankle sprain, also is capable of putting up points in a hurry.

"Chris Hagan is about at eighty percent right now," Westfield Head Coach Larry Brown said. "That is better than most people's one hundred percent, but he is not happy with it. We want him at one hundred percent. He is a good one. He can do everything."
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Chris led the #1 public school in the country to another dominating victory Tuesday night as Westfield beat Clear Creek, 67-43.
Chris Hagan, who had five of his team’s seven 3-point goals, led Westfield with 25 points.
http://news.galvestondailynews.com/stor ... 91bac978ac

Next up, Chris and his teammates face Aldine Friday night in the Regional Semifinals. Aldine is led by Gary Johnston who is one of the nation's top ten 2007 players.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
If he's ranked anywhere 3rd to 5th nationally at PG, do we really have a chance? Don't get me wrong, I'd take him in a heartbeat, but do we really have a chance at anyone ranked in the top-10 nationally at any position?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
His team is ranked 3rd to 5th nationally in USA Today, Student Sports and other places. He is arguably their best player ona team that is mega-deep for a public school (i.e. no recruiting).

We do have a shot at this kid since he's undersized and is still improving on a near daily basis (similar circumstances brought us LB a few years back). We're in on this kid and he'd be a fantastic pickup for us.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
duh. Sorry, I can't read.

I looked for him on a couple of recruiting sites and couldn't find him.. could be a diamond in the rough?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
This kid is definitely a diamond. He's point who can light up a scoreboard at any minute.
By hiusenauk
Registration Days
He signed with Rice.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
thanks for the update- hiusenauk.

I guess we consider that one an opportunity missed.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Wow, that's kind of wild.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/10[…]

Athens Regional

Changing speeds to the key to pitching. Escobar […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We have quite the battle for second place going on[…]