If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By 05FlameMom
Registration Days
Thanks jcmanson..

Hey Scar, it was nice meeting you and the wife.

No tickets believe it or not after all the trips down 29 and was there before tip off for every game.....

I will also miss coming to the Vines and seeing all my sons and the rest of my new Flames family. But hey we will re-load and next season will be here before we know it...

When you get the chance to get a game in don't school them too bad :)

Tell the wife hello and you guys take care.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
It was great meeting you and the family too! I hope to see you guys some this off season as I am in the DC area all the time as you well know. I am working in Richmond right now for a few months but who knows, my next assignment could be up your way....As far as playing with the guys I am happy if I get up and down the court. I think last spring when I played they made me guard Larry. It was fun though because we played old guys vs young and we had Julius Nwoso (6-11 professional player) and coach Leary, Gabe Martin, Casey Coleman (you probably know Coleman and Leary from the former staff) and we beat them. I didn't have to do anything but chase Larry around and give the ball to Julius. Fun stuff. Mrs. SCAR says hello back to you. Hope you stay around on this board in the off season. We talk Liberty Hoops pretty much all year long around here. I have enough stories to keep people occupied till next season....did I ever tell you guys about the game vs. ETSU? :lol: :lol:
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Mrs Smith welcome aboard, I had the pleasure of briefly meeting your son at homecoming- very polite and well spoken. You have a lot to be proud of.

We're all looking forward to next year!

SCAR- you just never give up, do ya? yet Frank H took that award from ya in HS, didn't he? :mrgreen:
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
hey anthony's mom. it was great seeing you and your husband at the games this year, and i look fwd to seeing anthony hoist a big south title very soon. BTW welcome to the commonwealth of virginia, the best state in the union, other than texas! that's for you sly :D
By 05FlameMom
Registration Days
Thanks PA for the compliment on Anthony, glad to know all the beatings wasn't in vain.....LOL just kidding believe it or not I never had to lay a hand on him....I'm truly blessed, I'm very proud of both of my sons. Once I get Anthony out of school and he's doing what his brother is doing(being a responsibility young man) than I can thank God again and pat myself on the back.....

Yes, I can't wait until next year.

BigSmooth,
It was nice meeting you as well, and I'm looking forward to that BS Championship myself. Thanks for welcoming me to your state yes it is a great state, but I must confess, this winter is having me missing Texas more and more....Take care.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
That's too bad about missing Texas because of the winter because this winter was extremely mild. We can get a lot of snow in Virginia but we were blessed this winter. Winter 2003 when I lived up where you are now, we had 3 feet of snow fall at one time! Virginia is a great state but second only to Pennsylvania...Ok I don't even think I believe that one.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
:roll:

For the record, we never dipped below the freezing mark at my house this winter. The grass didn't even go dormant. Its still green from last year.

Virginia winters aren't as bad as Philly but they are much worse than Plano or especially Clear Lake.
By 05FlameMom
Registration Days
If this is mild, Virginia better be glad they have Anthony because I would certainly be packing my bags..... :lol:

You're right Sly, we only had to wear a jacket in for the winter in Clear Lake, but when we move to Plano we had to up grade to a coat.....
Family Travel Obsession

If you have a rental car in Paris this summer, b[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Looks like the folks in Raleigh are going to make […]

5 plus 7 model

I wouldn't build this up and get your hopes up t[…]

Prayers please

Oh say no more. I'll be praying even harder now […]