If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
An interesting possibility for our new S&C coach could be former Flame player Jeremy Anderson, who was actually Ritchie's very first signee when he came to the mountain the first time and also worked with him at UVA while a grad assistant there. He was climbing the basketball S&C ranks quickly, but had a setback when Bryce Drew's firing at Vandy cost him his job there. Currently at Creighton. Really smart guy.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeremy-anderson-59480a31
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
I always liked Jeremy as a player. Injuries got the best of him while he was here, but he was a great shooter. Maybe he could double as a shooting coach. It would make @paradox happy :D
By Baybird
Baybird wrote: May 10th, 2022, 6:48 pm
Sly Fox wrote: May 10th, 2022, 11:28 am He has a great reputation in the strength & conditioning circles. Did he get an offer he couldn't refuse?
Though I don't have any recent info, I know Alabama was VERY interested in him.
Just an update that I haven't seen anywhere else.
https://www.si.com/college/alabama/bama ... ning-coach
SumItUp, stokesjokes liked this
By Veritas
We were on an ExperienceLU tour this week and met an individual with a last name of Sing (uncertain on spelling). Very tall. Said he was a sophomore transfer for basketball and that he’d just been accepted. Ring a bell, anyone?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Veritas wrote: June 12th, 2022, 10:03 am We were on an ExperienceLU tour this week and met an individual with a last name of Sing (uncertain on spelling). Very tall. Said he was a sophomore transfer for basketball and that he’d just been accepted. Ring a bell, anyone?
He would have to be a walk-on. All 13 scholarships are accounted for.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: June 12th, 2022, 4:39 pm
Veritas wrote: June 12th, 2022, 10:03 am We were on an ExperienceLU tour this week and met an individual with a last name of Sing (uncertain on spelling). Very tall. Said he was a sophomore transfer for basketball and that he’d just been accepted. Ring a bell, anyone?
He would have to be a walk-on. All 13 scholarships are accounted for.
I'm sure it's someone trying to walk on or play on scout team...
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Took a look at the basketball roster, and the 3 new FR have not been added, but there is a different addition. Weights are now listed for all players. I don't think it's coincidental that this change happens just as Henry Barrera departs. Not sure why, but it seemed that he did not like having them listed.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]