If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
George Washington III
6' 2" Combo Guard
Louisville (KY) Christian Academy of Louisville
Grassroots: JL3 Elite 16U in Houston

247sports Profile 3- :star

PrepHoops Profilee

HoopSeen Profilee

Twitter

The Houston native picked up offers from both Louisville and Ohio State in first day of contact.
HoopSeen on 6/3/21 wrote:He also plans to visit Ohio State, and he’s setting up a visit to Liberty in the coming weeks. Among others, Florida State, Purdue, and, appropriately enough, George Washington have also reached out and shown interest.
Click Here for Full Story
In spite of the fact he already has offers from Louisville and Ohio State and interest from several other high major programs, I really like our chances here. Can anyone guess why? Great news that he already has a visit to the mountain planned.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
It has been a rare season when there was not a player from the Houston area on every team since the '80s. Some of the standouts included Stephon Leary, Chris Caldwell, Philip Ward, Harry Williams, Anthony Smith, the Sanders Brothers & Ryan Kemrite.

Oh yeah, our best ever player from Lagos happens to call Houston home.
Sly Fox wrote: June 16th, 2021, 8:11 am He's from Houston ... the city that has produceed the most LU talent ever?
I don't think having 2 Houstonians on the roster hurts, but that wasn't what I was referring to. It's a trend which, while certainly not intentional, is not coincidental either IMHO.
Sly Fox wrote: June 16th, 2021, 9:27 am It has been a rare season when there was not a player from the Houston area on every team since the '80s. Some of the standouts included Stephon Leary, Chris Caldwell, Philip Ward, Harry Williams, Anthony Smith, the Sanders Brothers & Ryan Kemrite.

Oh yeah, our best ever player from Lagos happens to call Houston home.
I don't believe Julius is from Lagos. LU rosters listed his home town as Nkwere. Peter Aluma was from Lagos. BTW, I love Juice, but our best player ever is from Henderson (North Carolina, not Nigeria). 8)
Last edited by olldflame on June 16th, 2021, 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: September 9th, 2021, 9:08 am GWIII has us in his final 6. Despite the stiff competition, I have a really good feeling about our chances for several reasons.

I'll bite, oldflame, what's the reason you like our chances?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote: September 12th, 2021, 7:47 am
olldflame wrote: September 9th, 2021, 9:08 am GWIII has us in his final 6. Despite the stiff competition, I have a really good feeling about our chances for several reasons.

I'll bite, oldflame, what's the reason you like our chances?
It's a bit of a sensitive issue for some people, but here's a hint. Look at his twitter profile and see his nickname (aka).
Then note my earlier post where I referred to "a trend, which while certainly not intentional, is not coincidental."

Also, he attends a Christian school, and it is pretty clear he and his family prioritize their faith.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
I think I'm on to what you're saying. I hope, regardless of where he goes, that he keeps demonstrating his faith to a world that needs it.

This is the kind of player who can help the program take that next step to national prominence. Hope we can snag him.
cruzan_flame13 liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: September 12th, 2021, 2:46 pm Well I don't have twitter which is unfortunate :lol:. But I do agree, I hope he will continue to grow and be great example for Christ. @olldflame what days will he visit LU specifically?
I don't either, but you can still see his page by clicking on his Twitter. Just can't navigate around easily.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote: September 13th, 2021, 11:13 pm
olldflame wrote: September 13th, 2021, 9:28 pm Offer made. Good move IMHO to get this done BEFORE the visit next month.

Yeah, that way he can commit in person. :wink:
Possible, but highly unlikely. It would be a real outlier for a MBB recruit this highly rated to commit so early. If you look at his scheduled visits this Fall, all of them except Liberty are close enough to his home in Louisville to do in a day trip. Probably means they are unofficial, and his folks are footing the bill. No offers so far from Texas, where he grew up, and played his Summer ball this year. Those will almost certainly come. Of course all bets are off if he is planning to re-classify (which actually could be a reason why he has announced all the early visits). We currently have one slot open for 22.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, he'll take his Memphis visit even if he does have his heart set on Lynchburg.

I feel confident that he has seen plenty of the Bearcats & Cards programs. While I respect Coach Barnes immensely on on both a personal and professional level, our challenge will be in regard to his visit to Columbus. That might be the standard by which he measures us two weeks later.

I have no idea what relationship Ritchie has with Lil Luke here in Houston. But I suspect that is a significant influence in this process. If GW3 commits I will definitely checking out some of his summer ball down here.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]